1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Dismiss Notice

Wind Guide You

Discussion in 'Skyrim Fan Fiction' started by imaginepageant, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Hæð Eik

Hæð Eik Active Member

I love love love love the idea of a soundtrack to listen to while reading! I think people sometimes take music and the feelings they can evoke for granted. Beautiful!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mistressofsquirrels

Now I have to read it all again while listening to this.

• Like Like x 1
  3. imaginepageant

imaginepageant Slytherin Alumni

Totally. Every time I listen to You Know Nothing, I get choked up. That is one of the most beautiful yet heartbreaking pieces of music I've ever heard.

You might as well wait until the whole thing's finished because after I add the rest of the soundtrack, you'll just want to read it again. ;)

4. imaginepageant

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wildroses

Wildroses Well-Known Member

Please finish this. I hate not knowing how stories end, even if I'm sure Ralof's going to die. I was kind of surprised Annika managed to heal him actually, I thought he was going to croak it then and there. I missed all the clues it was Jorlief, although I wasn't completely surprised. It made sense. I did notice the motif of disappearing chaurus eggs I was sure would be important later, but didn't connect them with invisibility potions.

That scene where he tells Ulfric why he betrayed him is probably the most memorable scene in the entire story so far for me. His complete belief that what he was doing was right clashing with Ulfric's belief in the rightness of his course was nicely illustrated. You kind of summarised all 878 pages of that infamous thread in the Skyrim General Discussion in one scene.

Probably the reason I kept reading it was the characters. Characters are important to me and I feel you have created valid portrayals of all the NPCs which appear in-game. Speaking of which...will we get to learn Hadvar's ultimate fate in the final two parts to come?

• Like Like x 1
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    lizardisok: 15 Points Feb 14, 2016
  6. imaginepageant

I will! Even if, for some reason, I decide to put the whole thing away, I would tell you all how it was supposed to end, because I would hate to leave those interested in the story left hanging.

That's so wonderful to hear, as that is exactly what I wanted to do. The ethics and motives of the war are so ambiguous and depend entirely on whose perspective you're seeing, and that's what made Skyrim such a memorable story for me. So I definitely wanted to highlight that in my own story.

And that made me literally laugh out loud. :D

Hadvar will indeed make a (rather important) appearance in chapter eight.

Thank you so much for reading, and for your lovely comments!

7. AndersonGeh

AndersonGeh New Member

Just awesome..It was such an exciting chapter..I hope you will keep sharing some more chapters..

• Like Like x 1
  8. imaginepageant

Thank you so much! There is one more chapter and an epilogue to go before the story is finished. :)

9. imaginepageant

I apologize for taking so everlastingly long in continuing Chapter Seven. I just needed a break. But, now that I'm gearing up for Nanowrimo in a couple of weeks, I am determined to finish Chapter Seven by the end of this month! To that end, one more scene is up, and I will (hopefully) have another for you very soon!

10. ArcaneBelleza

ArcaneBelleza The Benevolent One

Alright, let me start off by saying this story… is beautiful, it's the only word I can describe it to be honest. I'm surprised at myself for not discovering this work of art earlier. You're writing style is descriptive and captivating, I very much enjoyed every sentence, and every chapter is a pleasure to read. You're characterization is amazing and accurate, nearly in sync to the game's original dialect and dialogue. And of course, I'm quite fond of your character Annika; her resilient and kind nature is inspiring.
    This fanfiction is definitely a new favorite of mine, and I can't wait for the last couple chapters to be finished. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    lizardisok: 10 Points Aug 18, 2015
  11. imaginepageant

Thank you so much! <3 I'm so glad you've enjoyed the story so far.

I will finish this story soon, guys. I promise.

lizardisok: 10 Points Aug 19, 2015
    Teegan: 1 Point (❤️❤️❤️) Feb 13, 2016
    #211 imaginepageant, Aug 17, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  12. Teegan

Teegan New Member

I love love love this whole story, but I'm wondering why it says reserved for chapter 7 & 8? I want to read the whole story please!!!!!!!!

13. imaginepageant

Because I haven't written them yet. :) Well, chapter seven is almost complete and chapter eight (and the epilogue) are still to come.

I WILL FINISH IT EVENTUALLY I PROMISE. All of my available writing time has been spent working on an original story lately.

lizardisok: 15 Points Feb 14, 2016
  14. Teegan

Teegan New Member

OK I JUST LOVE THIS STORY ❤️❤️❤️❤️ Hurry w/ ur writing !!! ❤️

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. imaginepageant

Stay tuned.

• Winner Winner x 1
    lizardisok: 10 Points (I'll give you half-points! ^~~^) Dec 17, 2017
    Specter of Death: 25 Points (Looking forward to it Pag!) Dec 21, 2017
    #215 imaginepageant, Dec 17, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  16. imaginepageant

Well.

Three and a half years later, Part 7 finally continues.

I apologize for the outrageously long hiatus. Between creating a tiny human and writing my own novel, fanfiction has fallen to the wayside over the years. But Annika and Ulfric have always been in the back of my mind, waiting for me to return to them. I always planned to, someday. And now that day has come. I can't promise frequent updates (that tiny human and unfinished novel still require most of my attention), but I will try my hardest to have something new for you every month.

If any of my original readers are still here, I want to thank you for your patience and loyalty. To any new readers who somehow stumbled upon this story in its years of stagnancy, welcome! I'm so glad you found us! As always, I sincerely appreciate your comments and feedback, so let me know what you think of the new scene and what you think might be in store for Annika and Ulfric in Part 8!

17. imaginepageant

Part seven is finally, finally, FINALLY COMPLETE.

I checked the word count and it's over 27k. Oops.

I have had the end of that scene in my head for years. It was one of the first sequences I had ever envisioned for this story. And it's such a relief to finally see it put into words. I hope you guys enjoy it!

I'm going to switch my focus back to my novel for the next two months, but I do have a lot of the next few scenes of Wind Guide You already written, so it shouldn't be too long before you see Part Eight!

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. imaginepageant