• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
After reading Wind Guide You I'm really thinking about writing my own character's story, if for no other reason than to get it out of my head. That should be interesting haha. I've never written fanfiction before and I don't have the first clue on where to begin, but consider me inspired!

Go for it! It was actually another fanfic, Neriad13's Skyrim: the Novel, that made me want to write my own. Unfortunately, she stopped updating it awhile ago, but I keep hoping that if I poke her enough about it, she'll pick it up again. (Poke, poke.)

If I cannot have your wings, I will have your soul

I can't tell you how much I love that line :D. It really shows just how far Annike has come since the beginning of the story.

I was so excited to see another part to this posted. Seriously, its a bit embarrassing to admit how much I've been stalking this thread, just waiting for an update. I admire your way with words, and there's probably more than a little envy in there too, lol. Can't wait for more!

Kittym

I've really enjoyed this! And I really like the elements that closely follow the actual game - I'm not sure I would feel so connected if it didn't. I think you've really breathed life and personality into those places and characters we're all so familiar with and that is EXACTLY what I love about fan fiction so thumbs up from me!

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
I've really enjoyed this! And I really like the elements that closely follow the actual game - I'm not sure I would feel so connected if it didn't. I think you've really breathed life and personality into those places and characters we're all so familiar with and that is EXACTLY what I love about fan fiction so thumbs up from me!

Thank you so much for reading and commenting! That's exactly what I wanted to do—give life and personality to the blank-slate Dragonborn we're given in the game—so this is very nice to hear!

Aww... Their goodbye scene was so touching. Almost made me a bit teary.

I really like the suspense on what Balgruuf might be planning. I know a lot of people like him, but I always thought he was something of an opportunist. He might be a great guy, sure, but he benefits from the arrangement with the Dragonborn just as much, if not more, than they do. Of course, this could be said of all the jarls in game, but this is the first fic I've read where he isn't portrayed as BFFs with the Dragonborn.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Chapter seven continues!

Sadly, only with one scene. I really wanted to get at least the next two up, but these scenes have been a struggle over the past couple of weeks. One today, another hopefully by this time next week!

A.Auditore

maybe...
now I'm caught up with this, I must say it was totally worth the time to read and I cannot wait for more ;) keep up it, wind guide you and all that hehe sorry had to say it again <3 it iPag very nice :D

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
now I'm caught up with this, I must say it was totally worth the time to read and I cannot wait for more ;) keep up it, wind guide you and all that hehe sorry had to say it again <3 it iPag very nice :D

HA! Now you and your shifty eyes can't pretend that you've never read my fanfic!

Also, thanks. :D

A.Auditore

maybe...
>_> <_< what... what ever do you mean? :eek:

Anytime, enjoyed reading it

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
I apologize for the sudden stall in this story, but I hit a bit of writer's block with this last scene and needed to take a break. I forced myself to finish it this morning, though, so chapter seven has been updated! And hopefully I'm over that block!

Dradin

Tribunal Temple Acolyte
Finally got around to reading this piece of art...

There have been 2 stories that made me flip to the other side. At first I was an Imperial. Then "The Bear of Skyrim" turned me into a staunch Stormcloak.

"Kathados" was the other. Although the story is excellent, it didn't sway me nearly as much as the previous one.

But this is magnificent. You haven't moved me from siding with the Forsworn; I doubt one will ever, but you certainly have me second guessing my hatred for Ulfric and the crimes he committed.

I managed to read this all in one day; it was that enticing. I am certainly anxious for more. Needless to say this has been one of my favorite stories yet.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
You haven't moved me from siding with the Forsworn; I doubt one will ever, but you certainly have me second guessing my hatred for Ulfric and the crimes he committed.

Woohoo! One of my goals with this story was to offer a different, yet realistic, perspective on Ulfric's character, so this is wonderful to hear. :D Thanks for all of your lovely comments!

You had me worried for a bit there. I was starting to have flashbacks of poor Galmar. o_O

On another note, hooray for getting over writer's block!! I'm currently wrestling with a bout of that myself. Very frustrating.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Wind Guide You has reached 20,000 views. Excuse me while I faint.

Okay, I'm back.

Once again, I'd like to thank everyone who has read Wind Guide You, everyone who has commented, and everyone who continues to support me in this endeavor even when it takes me weeks to update. You guys mean the world to me! And in honor of hitting 20,000, I'd like to share a little something with you.

Music has always been a huge influence in my writing; it sets the atmosphere of a scene and helps me experience it in my mind. I tend to create soundtracks for everything I write, and Wind Guide You is no exception. While I write, I usually listen to either the Skyrim score, the Game of Thrones scores, or other various film and television scores. From these, I've put together a soundtrack of songs that fit certain scenes; a soundtrack for the movie in my imagination. Should you be so inclined to give them a listen, they are conveniently located behind the spoiler tag (and will indeed contain spoilers of the story thus far).
Awake - Jeremy Soule
The ride to Helgen.

Dystopia - Hi-Finesse
Annika is nearly executed; Alduin attacks Helgen.

( LISTEN HERE )
Dragons Awaken - Rozen
Annika battles Mirmulnir.

A Spark, A Beginning - Corre
Ulfric discovers Annika is the Dragonborn.

See You For What You Are - Ramin Djawadi
Annika and Ulfric talk in the temple.

Courtyard Apocalypse - Alexandre Desplat
Annika climbs the Seven Thousand Steps.

The Night is Dark - Ramin Djawadi
Annika trains at High Hrothgar.

The Trial of Loki - Brian Tyler
Annika visits her house in Kynesgrove and witnesses Sahloknir's resurrection.

Betrayal - Brian Tyler
Annika infiltrates the Thalmor Embassy and escapes with Esbern.

Kingslayer - Ramin Djawadi
Ulfric tells Annika about his interrogation at the hands of the Thalmor.

Thenns - Ramin Djawadi
The battle for Fort Sungard.

Let's Kill Some Crows - Ramin Djawadi
The battle for Markarth.

Goodbye Brother - Ramin Djawadi
Galmar's funeral.

Wind Guide You - Jeremy Soule
Annika tells Ulfric why she returned to Skyrim, and they make love. (Up to 3:25)

As the Hammer Falls - Brian Tyler
Annika witnesses the Tongues battle Alduin.

Untouchable - Brian Tyler
Annika and Paarthurnax battle Alduin; Paarthurnax sacrifices himself.

Black of Hair - Ramin Djawadi
Annika discovers that Jorleif is the traitor.

The Dagger - Ramin Djawadi
Ulfric and Jorleif debate the war.

You'll be Queen One Day - Ramin Djawadi
Ulfric and Annika's goodbye before she leaves for Skuldafn.

You Know Nothing - Ramin Djawadi
Annika and Ralof's flight over Skyrim.

North of the Wall - Ramin Djawadi
Annika and Ralof fight their way through Skuldafn.

Three Blasts - Ramin Djawadi
Annika and Ralof battle the dragon priest and two dragons.

Breaker of Chains - Ramin Djawadi
Annika arrives in Sovngarde; Annika speaks with Galmar.

He is Lost - Ramin Djawadi
Galmar sacrifices himself so Annika can reach the Hall of Valor.

Sovngarde - Jeremy Soule
Annika gathers her army in the Hall of Valor.

Dracarys - Ramin Djawadi
Annika and her army battle Alduin.

Finale - Ramin Djawadi
Alduin dies and Sovngarde is restored.

The Real North - Ramin Djawadi
Annika awakens in Skuldafn.

I Am Hers, She is Mine - Ramin Djawadi
Annika and Ulfric reunite.

Last edited:

Latest posts