Will this computer run Skyrim well?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Opium_Bunny

Hey...I was wondering if this computer will be able to run Skyrim well without any stuttering problems/lag etc.

AMD A6-Quad Core, Windows 7
6 GB DDR3, 1TB SATA HD
Radeon HD 6350D, DVD
QP773AAR#ABA

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
I don't want to start a big debate, IMO you're better off with Intel CPU and Nvidia graphics card, you can probably afford them!

evoliphant

Hey...I was wondering if this computer will be able to run Skyrim well without any stuttering problems/lag etc.

AMD A6-Quad Core, Windows 7
6 GB DDR3, 1TB SATA HD
Radeon HD 6350D, DVD
QP773AAR#ABA

I have the same setup except I have only 4 GB Ram but I have the Raedon 6720 G2 (1GB) and I can run it on high settings without any problems at all. I'm not totally sure but 'Raedon 6350D HD' sounds like an integrated chip and if it is, those are never very good. If that is a dedicated graphics card with decent memory (1GB or better), you will be fine on high settings. If it is integrated, you'll probably have to run it on the lowest settings possible and even then there's a good chance you'll still get some lag/skipping.

Edit: if this is a desktop computer, buy an ATI radeon Graphics card with 1 GB or better. There is an AMD program that can use BOTH your integrated chip and your new graphics card when playing games or high demand graphics. I have it on my laptop and it is sweet. My laptop came this way, so I'm not sure if you have laptop if you can upgrade with a graphics card. A desktop upgrade should not be a problem at all.

Texaz2008

Veterans love to Game too!
im aware but we learn what we want to learn where we want to learn it..i thought building computers would blow but they kind've don't. its easy just keep the power off be gentle and take your time. you dont just start off building computers.. you practice by .. switching out a hard drive... or dvd drive or something like that.. adding more ram .. getting used to the feel and look of a computer before anything big. so that way when you have an issue where skyrim doesnt run as fast you can be like well ... ill just get some ram and a better vid card .. install that.. run the drivers.. bada bing bada boom.. wow farkas is really one ugly dude!! lolol

Opium_Bunny

Yeah I totally get what you mean, however...things like that tend to freak me out because I never know if I am going to mess up my computer and screw up all that progress. Usually I just force my little brother to do it...he's like the smartest 13 year old I have ever met!! haha.

Texaz2008

well what you do is self help vidoes.i mean what happens when you and your brother arent near each other.. some one like me who knows this stuff and does it for a living will charge you like 100.00 bucks for something that takes 5 minutes to install.. its just a pain in the ass so i got mad at paying money.. and learned how to do it on my own and a great investment of time it was. :) .. (youtube has alot of nerds who help out lol) or just google it, and like i said the biggest thing is taking your time not forcing things to go into places.. and having the power completely off on the computer.. (unplugging it=best)

Texaz2008

mhm well i guess it depends on some things where you live, because i dont feel like driving 9 hours to upgrade a computer and if you have the parts already because i dont feel like buying hardware that im not going to personally use lol.

or seeing we are on a skyrim forum you could give a reward.. like a leveled weapon.. some gold or something.

--hail sithis.

SuperAxilla

Article Writer
I'm in the same boat. I keep going back & forth with configs. 1st I started thinking about the "Black Pearl" setup, but then I heard the AMD 7970 was released. Not exactly sure if this is a good choice, but any advice would be appreciated. Below is the cyberpower config i came up with. Trying to get the best card and I don't really know if the AMD 7970 is good or if I should go with an Nvidia GeForce. My thing is, I want it to be able to overclock and future upgrade ability is really important. Later I want to add a second internal HD and video card.

Configuration #: 1DYGMD

Configuration URL: http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1DYGMD

Product Name: CyberPower Gamer Infinity 8800 Pro SE

Price: $2,144.00

*BASE_PRICE:[+1739]

BLUETOOTH:None

CARE1:Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution - Protect Your Dream System During Transit [+19]

CARE2:CoolerMaster Thermal Fusion 400 Extreme Performance CPU - Thermal Compound Optimized for Thermal Dissipation [+10]

CARE3:professional Wiring for All WIRING Inside The System Chassis - Minimize Cable Exposure, Maximize Airflow in Your System [+19]

CAS:NZXT Switch 810 Hybird Full Tower Gaming Case w/ Dual 140MM Pivot Fan Slots and Front USB 3.0

CASUPGRADE:Flexible LED Interior Light Strip [+19] (Blue Color [+0])

CD:LG UH12LS28K 12X Blu-Ray Player & DVDRW Combo Drive (BLACK COLOR)

CD2:None

COOLANT:Standard Coolant

CPU:Intel® Core™ i7-3820 Quad-Core 3.60 GHz 10MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011

CS_FAN:Maximum 120MM Color Case Cooling Fans for your selected case [+15] (Blue Color)

ENGRAVING:None

ENGRAVING_MSG:

FA_HDD:Vigor iSURF II Hard Disk Drive Cooling System [+21] (1 x System)

FAN:Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Single Standard 120MM Fan)

FLASHMEDIA:None

FREEBIE_CS:FREE! NZXT Sentry Mix Fan Controller w/ Six 50W Channels & Five LED Color Switches [+0]

GLASSES:None

HDD:2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)

HDD2:None

IEEE_CARD:None

IUSB:Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

KEYBOARD:Xtreme Gear (Black Color) Multimedia/Internet USB Keyboard

MEMORY:16GB (4GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Quad Channel Memory (Kingston HyperX)

MONITOR:24" Widescreen 1920x1080 Asus VS247H-P LCD [+157]

MONITOR2:None

MONITOR3:None

MOTHERBOARD:* (3-Way SLI Support) Gigabyte X79-UD3 Intel X79 Chipset Quad Channel DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ UEFI DualBIOS, Dolby Home Theater 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III RAID, 4 Gen3 PCIe X16, 2 PCIe X1 & 1 PCI

MOUSE:XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse

NCSW:None

NETWORK:Intel Pro Gigabite 10/100/1000 Network Card [+34]

NOISEREDUCE1:Sound Absorbing Foam on Side, Top And Bottom panels [+29]

NOISEREDUCE2:power Supply Gasket [+5]

NOISEREDUCE3:Anti-Vibration Fan Mounts [+9]

OVERCLOCK:Extreme OC (Extreme Overclock 20% or more) [+49]

POWERSUPPLY:800 Watts - Standard Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready

RUSH:NO; READY TO SHIP IN 10~15 BUSINESS DAYS

SERVICE:STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT

SOUND:HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

SPEAKERS:None

TEMP:None

TUNING:None

TVRC:None

USB:None

USBFLASH:None

USBHD:None

USBX:NZXT Internal USB 6-PORT Expansion Module [+19]

VIDEO:AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB GDDR5 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card (Major Brand Powered by AMD)

VIDEO2:None

VIDEO3:None

WNC:None

_PRICE:sadface:+2144)

_view_:{B55CD6D3-A326-44E0-B43F-6825C4DE2E97}

_load_:2/20/2012 6:40:30 PM

Texaz2008

• Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
  • 4 GB System RAM
  • 6 GB free HDD space
  • DirectX 9 compatible NVIDIA or AMD ATI video card with 1GB of RAM (Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 or higher; ATI Radeon 4890 or higher).
  • DirectX compatible sound card
  • Internet access for Steam activation
And here's the minimum requirements to get the game up and running:
  • Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)
  • Processor: Dual Core 2.0 GHz or equivalent processor
  • 2 GB System RAM
  • 6 GB free HDD Space
  • Direct X 9 compliant video card with 512 MB of RAM
  • DirectX compatible sound card
  • Internet access for Steam activation

Texaz2008

that is what skyrim requires minimum... to run on its lowest settings.. if your configs dont equal that... then its time to upgrade lol

SuperAxilla

Article Writer
that is what skyrim requires minimum... to run on its lowest settings.. if your configs dont equal that... then its time to upgrade lol
That's for the minimum, but do you think the config I posted with the AMD 7970 would run on maximum settings? Plus I I'm not sure if the Sound card is Direct X compatible. It's a minor thing for me, but should I change that?

Texaz2008

well the above post has the minimum and what you would need to get the most. personally direct x for me is something id like just because things are based off of it and seem to work well with it.

I have this in my box , an i7 a plops ton of ram and everything runs fine for me. but ive been looking for the amd piece youve shown i cant find a link for it.. post one and i can compare.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1823334&CatId=7387

Texaz2008

WAIT WAIT im feeling slow.. that is what your talking about using right? what i had posted?

SuperAxilla

Article Writer
Oh yeah, I just checked that link and that's it. I just don't get if the whole steam compatibility would work. Or if it is even relevant to this.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts