Will mods mess up save files?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ketatrypt

I am intrested in installing a few graphical mods that I forgot to install before I started the game (nothing that should effect any storys)

Im wondering if they will mess up save files in any way? It doesn't seem to say anything about that in the files themselves...

Thanks!

Nighthiker77

Uninstalling mods is a lot more problematic than installing. I wouldn't think graphics mods would touch the save at all, as long as they are just textures and rendering.

ketatrypt

Uninstalling mods is a lot more problematic than installing. I wouldn't think graphics mods would touch the save at all, as long as they are just textures and rendering.

Ahh ok great! very good to know ! thankyou for the speedy response!
Now for modding madness!

ketatrypt

after having an immense epiphany, I came to the realization that if I install 1 mod at a time; then go try said mod, and if I do not like it, I can just remove it & revert to a save from before I had the mod. the save would basically have no realization of a missing mod, because it never existed on that save?

Is this how the saves work? or is there something I'm missing?

ketatrypt

I would make an extra save right before just in case. What mods are you looking at?

Thats what I have been doing; and so far I have had sucess with the process.

the mods ive so far installed are :

Enhanced Lights and FX by Anamorfus
Enhanced Blood Textures by dDfinder
Enhanced Distant Terrain 2 - Trudgement Day by SparrowPrince
WATER - Water And Terrain Enhancement Redux by SparrowPrince
A Quality World Map - With Roads by IcePenguin

And the one Ive tried but got rid of because I didn't like is
Real Clouds by Soolie

With Nexus's mod tool its easier then ever to install/uninstall mods, but would hate to loose savedata doing so :p Im not too far into the game, as I prolly spend more time modding the game then I do playing :p

Thank you !

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
graphic mods will have no affect on saves as long as you don't save, I constantly remove mods, I use the rogue script remover that's supposed to clean saves, I think it works you should try it

Slijkster

You know how when you select a dialogue option it is grayed out so you know which questions you've asked? After some graphics mods I found that they had all been reactivated. Kinda annoying.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts