• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

IniquitousPrawn

My wife got killed in a dungeon, her corpse was left there (can't remember the cave) so i can't retrieve it. How can I remarry?

Thankyou.

FenrirofSatan

TheMan TheMyth TheLegend
I am in the process of experimenting with this as well. Do you have a PC or an Xbox, because if you have a PC it is a lot easier cause you probably can enter some commands or what not.

Windress

Yeah, PC users have a mod that allows them to reset their marital status after 24 in-game hours.

I think FlamingTaco is correct. Stay in the town where you lived with your wife, and after about one in-game day a courier will bring you a letter of inheritance. At that point, you'll be eligible to remarry.

brandon

oh i didnt know about the letter. i did hear you had to talk to the jarl and clear your name if you kill her. then you can remarry. but i lost my wife in the sameway and never got the option to remarry.

Xiomn

I am sorry for your loss. I am at a loss for words and have no idea how you feel right now. I want you to know that I am available for you to talk to anytime. ;)jk

Oren74

Why remarry? Just find some other chic you don't like and give her half your loot instead...speed up the process.

Windress

Why remarry? Just find some other chic you don't like and give her half your loot instead...speed up the process.

Ooooh, sounds like someone has let real life taint their Skyrim Experience. C'mon Oren, this game is one of the few places you get away with murdering your spouse! Live out that fantasy! :D

brandon

cause i had found those sexy tavern clothes and i couldnt get any of my housecarls to wear them.

brandon

Ooooh, sounds like someone has let real life taint their Skyrim Experience. C'mon Oren, this game is one of the few places you get away with murdering your spouse! Live out that fantasy! :D
i still feel bad. aela had always been invincable. then after we got married i left her at home for a few weeks. she said she missed the advetures one day so i took her out and the first dungeon we go into bam. shes dead.

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
This has been a burning question for me for a while now. Can you remarry on PS3? I mean I married for the gold. but now I am flush with Septims so I REALLY want to marry someone who WILL wear the chest full of clothes I am collecting for her to model. Umm yeah, did I say that? LOL

brandon

This has been a burning question for me for a while now. Can you remarry on PS3? I mean I married for the gold. but now I am flush with Septims so I REALLY want to marry someone who WILL wear the chest full of clothes I am collecting for her to model. Umm yeah, did I say that? LOL
ive heard you can after they die. and this is where i get confused. you either have to talk to the jarl if you killed her or wait for the courior to bring a letter. not sure which. but this time i casted a fury spell on my wife and lydia killed her. but i tried the waiting thing. i waited three days in another town. walked back to my house. i found a dead curior with a troll near him but the letters wernt for me. then i waited three more days still no letter. then i went to the jarl and couldnt talk about my wife.so i dunno. maybe when i get internet i can get the patch and then hopefully i can remarry. but im with you on the clothing part. i found 3 sets of tavern clothes for her to wear for me.

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
The only follower I have had wear anything interesting/sexy was Lydia who donned the Falmer armor one time on her own. Been collecting clothes ever since. Now if I could just get past her attitude I might take her as a follower again and see what she will wear. Truthfully though, I am attached to Jordis and can't think of having anyone else as a follower just yet.

Cicero in the Tavern Wench outfit just didn't do it for me. : )

brandon

yeah i havent used a follower since i deleted my first character. i did get camilia to wear the ancient nord armor and she looked hot in it. but then she said it stunk and when i told her to go home she took it off.

Sentinala

Premium Member
I am so sorry you lost your wife :sadface:

Remember, you promised to love her, for now, and forever.

Patience my friend, soon you will see her again one day, and it will be an amazing experience

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts