Why won't the Thieves Guild Send me to Markarth?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Bad-People

Supreme Overlord of the Barbarian Tribe of Hothor
I've been trying to rebuild the guild and I've done the big jobs for all the other cities already. I've done about 50 jobs for the guild not including its main quest line and I've robbed the same HOUSE in Riften over a dozen times; and in the middle of all that I've been sent to Markarth ONCE! I've been sitting here re-loading a save in front of Vex for the last hour and I've gotten 45 offers for Riften, 29 for Whiterun, 18 for Windhelm, 10 for Solitude, and ZERO for Markarth! I'm about to bust a blood vessel!

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
When that happens to me I usually cancel that mission and get another one, maybe Delvin will send you to Markarth

Bad-People

I'm going back and forth re-loading a save asking both of them for jobs and rotating the job types. I've gotten a coupe of runs to Markarth since the original post but it seems really un-balanced.

Saozig

Hippy
They are random so they aren't going to come up in ways that are more advantageous to you--yes, it's stupid but hat's how it is. I suggest doing what i did: stick one type of job from each Delvin and Vex. With me I did only do the Numbers Jobs for Delvin and the Shill jobs for Vex because they were easier and less likely to get me hassled. Sticking to 2 certain types of jobs will limit the options that you can get so you're more likely to get jobs in the city that you haven't built up enough "rep" in yet.

You can also go back to Vex or Delvin and tell them the job's too hard and you don't want to do it. They'll grumble but then you can get a different job from them. Do that instead of reloading an earlier save.

Bad-People

No, what I did was save, ask for a job, then if it wasn't in the city I needed I immediately re-loaded the save and ask for a different job. I did that for nearly two hours at about 45 seconds per load and I still only got two jobs in Markarth.

Clau

The Fateless One

Morgan

Ask for bedlam jobs. Those don't have specific targets; you just steal a bunch of stuff in that hold. The others are chosen randomly from among specific targets (stores, NPCs, or wealthy homes), and there simply aren't as many of those targets in Markarth as there are in the other holds. Bedlam gives you an even 20% chance of getting Markarth, while the others are 14.29% for the ones where the target is a store or 13.79% where the target is a wealthy home (data on possible targets are taken from UESP, and don't include Dragonborn targets). I can't find a quantitative list of Fishing targets, so I don't have numbers on that.

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
I've been trying to rebuild the guild and I've done the big jobs for all the other cities already. I've done about 50 jobs for the guild not including its main quest line and I've robbed the same HOUSE in Riften over a dozen times; and in the middle of all that I've been sent to Markarth ONCE! I've been sitting here re-loading a save in front of Vex for the last hour and I've gotten 45 offers for Riften, 29 for Whiterun, 18 for Windhelm, 10 for Solitude, and ZERO for Markarth! I'm about to bust a blood vessel!

I feel your pain... I've had a similar experience before. Thankfully, on my latest guild master, Delvin and Vex were kind enough to send me to different cities pretty much all the time, so I rebuild the guild very quickly.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts