Why is my weapon downgrading?!?!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

mamosley2

Ok, this has happened twice now. I'm using a glass battleaxe, and the damage is downgrading for no reason. I'll get done with a fight, just happen to check my stats, and see that like 22 points of damage has been taken off the weapon. I reload, play again, and it's fine. This is really starting to piss me off... I have no adverse status affects, and it is the same weapon. What in the hell is happening?
Oh, and killing dragons and not getting their souls is BS.

Brother

I'm not very experienced with the game yet and have never even heard of a glass battleaxe, but maybe the battleaxe breaks a bit each time you use it? Just wild speculation. Sorry I can't really help. Also, dragons don't give you their souls?

3v3r

I have scale-itch... Don't ask how I got it.
Thou have a disease. Cure it at a shrine or potion.
You have to be next to the dragon then it turns to ash and you get the soul.
Edit: you can get diseases from traps, wolves, and foxes.

mamosley2

Yeah, I'm doing nothing wrong. I killed a dragon, stood next to the body, and it wouldn't give me its soul. It was a frost dragon. I even reloaded my save four times and killed it, and it wouldn't turn to ash.
And I reloaded my save for the dungeon I was clearing, and my battleaxe didn't lose damage the second time. I have no idea what kind of bug it is.
If you don't believe me about the dragon, there's multiple videos on youtube with people having the same issue.

Pestilence

Uneducated guesses since 1983
I've also had the same issue with a couple dragons, but I've killed so many that it doesn't really bother me. I'm sure they'll fix that with a patch eventually. As far as the damage reduction, other than having a disease then I can't think of anything that would reduce its damage output. If it's fine now then great, if not then I would try to reequip it if it happens again.

Silhouette

Yeah ive killed a ton of dragons, couldnt absorb a blood dragon and a frost dragon that was side by side. reloaded, killed them again and same thing. So i looted the bodies, sold the bones and went back to my own buisness.

Im sure it will get patched you shouldnt get grumpy about it, as for the weapon thing i had a WH of absorbing that did the same thing, couldnt find a fix for it sorry but at least your not the only one with these issues :-) and no its not a disease, that was the first thing i thought of.

mamosley2

I'm not too worried about the dragons either, because I fight a bunch of them and most give me their souls. The damage reduction, however, it for the birds. I figured out what I did the second time the reduction took place: I went to an enchanting table, selected an enchantment for my axe to do shock damage, but decided not to implement it. I guess it reduces the amount of physical damage your weapon does when implemented, but even when choosing "no" on option to enchant the item, it takes away from its physical damage. The first time, however, I was just attacking a castle in Skyrim and my weapon just lost 20 points of damage. Sooo... Yeah. Hope it gets patched! I don't want to find out my axe has been doing 20 points less physical damage hours into the game.

Touchstone

As an additional comment to this thread, weapons and armor do not degrade under normal use (unlike previous TES games).

GIL420X

Ok, this has happened twice now. I'm using a glass battleaxe, and the damage is downgrading for no reason. I'll get done with a fight, just happen to check my stats, and see that like 22 points of damage has been taken off the weapon. I reload, play again, and it's fine. This is really starting to piss me off... I have no adverse status affects, and it is the same weapon. What in the hell is happening?
Oh, and killing dragons and not getting their souls is BS.

This has happened to me before, and it was because I didn't have anything equipped on my hands like gloves or gauntlets.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Welcome to Skyrim Forums.

Try to resist the urge to engage in thread necromancy. :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts