Why is Lydia loved by everyone?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dr.Madness

Overlord of the Void
I just don't understand, she is like the rest of the housecarls. Plus she will make the sarcastic remark "carry my burdens". I prefer more entertaining followers like Eola and Cicero.

Torok

I never really liked Lydia either.

Saozig

Hippy
I don't care for Lydia either. Of the Housecarls, Argis and Jordis are the one I prefer.

BTW when I downloaded Hearthfire, the response Lydia gives when you ask to trade things with her was changed! It's now "I am at your command" or "How can I be of service?" and it's in a much more pleasant tone of voice too. I'm currently using her with my newest character because I'm at the level that I need a follower who won't get killed so easily, and I wasn't in the mood for shelling out the 500 gold the Dark Elf mercenary Jenassa (at The Drunen Huntsman) asks for, although she is a pretty good follower. Lydia's more tolerable now, but I still find her boring. I'm going to send her home once I unlock other holds with this new character and can get the followers I prefer.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
1. Cuz hot.

2. Cuz seckshual in-you-endo.

3. Cuz gud fiter

4. Cuz ferst how's Carl?

5. lots uv james bonding tim

Haru

I always found her annoying, to be honest. "Long life to you, my thane. Long life to you, my thane. Long life to you, my thane. Long life to you, my thane. Long life to you-..." *shoots in the head*

Octavia

~ Ryla <3
I personally don't care for her at all, she may have been the first but she feels too boring for me, and I'm not a fan of her looks either. When I first met her however, I was all over her, probably because she's kind of the first 'companion' the player is given, for most people anyways.

Now I just put her near the front gates in Whiterun to help fend off vampire attacks whenever they happen.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
I like how whenever someone posts a thread asking why people love Lydia so much, 90% of the replies are from people that don't love Lydia so much.

KritikalPT

All of the Housecarls are, well, bland. Personally, I like a follower that has something to say besides "Look at that cave, I wonder what's inside" AFTER getting out of said cave, like Mjoll. Good amount of health, interesting dialogue and set as essential, so you can use her as your, ahem, meatshield later on.

Why have Lydia when you can have any other follower you could possibly want with mods?

True, however, if you don't add a mod to makes them actually level up properly and without any sort of cap, then they're simply cannon fodder.

Dr.Madness

Overlord of the Void
All of the Housecarls are, well, bland. Personally, I like a follower that has something to say besides "Look at that cave, I wonder what's inside" AFTER getting out of said cave, like Mjoll. Good amount of health, interesting dialogue and set as essential, so you can use her as your, ahem, meatshield later on.

True, however, if you don't add a mod to makes them actually level up properly and without any sort of cap, then they're simply cannon fodder.
Eola and Cicero are good choices for more entertaining followers.

PrisonerLizzie

I started a new character and for the first time ever used Lydia as a follower. I have to say that while I have no love for her I was impressed by the amount of gear she can carry and that I was enraged when the imperial army killed her. As you may have guessed we ran off together and joined the Stormcloak rebellion, she was touched when I told her the sordid details of my experience in Helgan, my head on the chopping block and for what? Business as usual? I told that General Tulius NO EXCEPTIONS...but that's neither here nor there. Our plan was to make our way to my home back in Hammerfell and start a "business". The men down there would have loved her dry humor and pale skin....but it wasn't met to be. Now I am off to avenge her death.

Tamriel

I find Lydia a very good beginning follower. I never really got that attached to her. I remember watching a let's play skyrim episode by GAM3VIDZ and Corey was in the middle of a Dwemer ruin when Lydia was killed. He actually reloaded the save from before she was killed. I personally think that is a bit to far and i do not like her that much. Seranna is by far the best follower. My nord werewolf and seranna the vampire are an awesome team

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
I find Lydia a very good beginning follower. I never really got that attached to her. I remember watching a let's play skyrim episode by GAM3VIDZ and Corey was in the middle of a Dwemer ruin when Lydia was killed. He actually reloaded the save from before she was killed. I personally think that is a bit to far and i do not like her that much. Seranna is by far the best follower. My nord werewolf and seranna the vampire are an awesome team

On PS3 I always reloaded a save when a follower died. I'd rather lose some progress temporarily than a follower permanently.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts