Spoiler Why is Hadvar following me?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rhubarb&Custard

I've just this minute completed the Civil War questline on the Legion's side, after the hour long speech Gen Tullius gives, I head out of Windhelm and Fast travel to Dragonsreach to see the Jarl for a spot of tea, walk two seconds, turn around and Hadvar's there, weapon drawn rambling about me being dragonborn and who killed more rebels, I walk to the Bannered Mare thinking he'll just walk off and it's just a glitch, but he starts following me, like the way a follower would if you'd hired or asked for their help. :confused: I don't get it, and aren't you meant to get 20k septims for helping in the civil war questline? All I got was a lousy ebony sword of leeching which I've already made myself and is WAY cooler than Tullius' cause it has a GERMAN NAME!!! :mad: (Lebensauger if anyone's interested, Life Sucker, thought it sounded cool. :cool:)

Any thoughts?

Xivia4

Pay off any existing bounties and then exit out of Whiterun. If he's still behind you then walk to Riverwood and from there go back to Whiterun. He'll go away sooner or later.

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
Maybe Hadvar just has a crush but has difficulty expressing it?

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
An extremely common glitch. I think that you have to get as close to him as possible. Save the game. Restart. When you do he should say something and head off. I did something to this effect and he left me alone after that.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
It's a glitch of the Legion's side of the quest. Hadvar follows you but only in Whiterun, fast-travelling to other places and then returning may fix it

Rhubarb&Custard

I'll try that, thanks. :D I also recall on my last playthrough getting 20,000 septims for the Legion side of the questline upon completion, I did have a pretty high bounty in Windhelm before doing the final battle (fus ro dahed loads of food at Ulfric. teehee :p ) any ideas why I didn't get it? Do I need to serve time or pay a bounty in Windhelm?

I've had the same glitch, but he seems to hang out mostly in Dragonsreach, sometimes follows as far as Witerun City, but not beyong the gate. No in-game affect, so I ignore it.

DaniWulf

I'll try that, thanks. :D I also recall on my last playthrough getting 20,000 septims for the Legion side of the questline upon completion, I did have a pretty high bounty in Windhelm before doing the final battle (fus ro dahed loads of food at Ulfric. teehee :p ) any ideas why I didn't get it? Do I need to serve time or pay a bounty in Windhelm?

did you ever get your septims?? i didnt get mine either...

Clau

The Fateless One
In my game, I have finished the Civil War Quest line. Hadvar does not follow me at all. He is located in the Sleeping Giant Inn over at Riverwood and just drinks and drink.... He is wearing the heavy version of the Imperial armor.

Rhubarb&Custard

Thanks for all your replies! Sorry for such a late reply, and this probably will bump more important topics down, sorry, last time I played was the date I posted this which was my birthday, so I got a new laptop shortly afterwards and let my PS3 and Skyrim collect dust..:oops: Anyway, Hadvar's no longer following me, still haven't got my money, but I still have the main questline to complete (for a second time after my main level 48 got overwritten somehow by making a new save. Q.Q) so now I'm playing with my redguard (Level 37 if I remember correctly) Anyway, I think Hadvar's gone off to drink away his sorrows. Fine by me, I got Marcurio to go do awesome things with. :cool:

Annageckos

I have only done the civil war once (working on my second play through), but I don't remember getting any gold for finishing it.

Gandalf The Boss

Pupil of Nienna. Defender of Middle Earth
Throw potatoes at him!!!

Rhubarb&Custard

Lucky! Hadvar is dreamy. <3
Really? I find him a sweetie, but he's not compatible with my redguard. :p Much prefer Marcurio, he's sassy, starting to think I should've married him instead of the merc you get from Markarth..

Mikesmart117

It worked for me as well I have had the same issue
An extremely common glitch. I think that you have to get as close to him as possible. Save the game. Restart. When you do he should say something and head off. I did something to this effect and he left me alone after that.
That actually worked thanks I have had that same issue

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts