Why does everyone hate Astrid

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lucid

Astrid brought about the deaths of those closest to her because she couldn't handle a little competition from the new kid. She didn't keep the Tenets, and the DB was floundering under her leadership. Plus I wanted to do dirty things to her gruff, barefooted husband. These are the reasons I don't like her.
A little bit of were-love, eh? Now that I can get with!

And then when he was dead I tried to thrall him, unsuccessfully of course. I still think bitterly of that long ago day, and haven't joined the DB since. I'm about to with a new-ish character and will try to interact positively with Astrid without hearing my old Bosmer yell "You did this to us" in my head. :)

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Astrid brought about the deaths of those closest to her because she couldn't handle a little competition from the new kid. She didn't keep the Tenets, and the DB was floundering under her leadership. Plus I wanted to do dirty things to her gruff, barefooted husband. These are the reasons I don't like her.
A little bit of were-love, eh? Now that I can get with!

And then when he was dead I tried to thrall him, unsuccessfully of course. I still think bitterly of that long ago day, and haven't joined the DB since. I'm about to with a new-ish character and will try to interact positively with Astrid without hearing my old Bosmer yell "You did this to us" in my head. :)
I wonder what happens when you just kill her. Can you still interact at the Sanctuary? Does it even exist or do all those folks (and the spider) not exist any more? I would love to be able to kill her and then seek them out and take over.

Lucid

I wonder what happens when you just kill her. Can you still interact at the Sanctuary? Does it even exist or do all those folks (and the spider) not exist any more? I would love to be able to kill her and then seek them out and take over.

Do you mean if you kill her in the Abandoned Shack, or after joining? I've never tried the latter. In the former scenario (you probably already know this, krosis) the Pentius Oculus jerk Commander Maro gives you the phrase to open the door to the Falkreath sanctuary, but the DB members are all aggro when you go in. No option to join or lead them at that point.

Daelon DuLac

Do you mean if you kill her in the Abandoned Shack, or after joining? I've never tried the latter. In the former scenario (you probably already know this, krosis) the Pentius Oculus jerk Commander Maro gives you the phrase to open the door to the Falkreath sanctuary, but the DB members are all aggro when you go in. No option to join or lead them at that point.
I was talking about the 1st scenario, but, the second does hold some interest, of course, ya just know that, after you join you wouldn't be able to kill her (she'd be immortal like so many others), unless, of course you used that disintegration trick that they've noted (it took me almost a dozen tries, but I did manage to make an ash pile out of one of those jerks in Whiterun (I think it was that Pelagia chap, you know the one with the cold weather comment).

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

Daelon DuLac

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

Rimfaxe96

I hate both of them, Astrid an Cicero (and the rest as well) because damn the Dark Brotherhood. Don't know much of the questline story and I only just get the Penicus Oculatus or whatever their name was to destroy them, and to be honest, the death I give those NPCs is better than that of the alternative. Being burned alive or the other one who was just pinned to a tree by a whole bunch of arrows, good God, that looked pretty brutal. I'm actually glad I never played it, seeing a character going down like this though I luffle them to bits is just not going well in my books.

You were just cranky that it wasn't a handsome noble Knight, come to ride you off in the sunset.

Pah, I'd ride that knight beyond the sunset. :cool:

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
I usually open the DB questline just so I can get the Stone. Astrid leans against that wall waiting for me for the rest of my playthrough most of the time. The few times I have actually pursued the questline, it annoyed me. There is just something slimy about being so powerful, able to kill dragons and dragon priests... but now I gotta kill this homeless guy who's wearing rags living in a house with no roof? Just feels dirty. Then I get to go kill some defenseless miner.

So yea, I hate Astrid and the whole Brotherhood for that matter. Odd I've never destroyed them. Next time for sure.

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
Personally, I love Astrid, because of her sultry voice and good looks (thanks to various beauty mods), but my character, Black Orchid, despises her due to the fact that Astrid does not follow the Five Tenets and has forsaken the Night Mother, among other things.

tigerzeusy

In my opinion, Astrid is like a mother. She only wishes for the best for her family. However, that passion only blinded her into trusting Maro. I loved Astrid, heck, I loved everyone in the dark brotherhood! For her, these were her choices: Sacrifice her best assassin, only she doesn't know them so well; or have her entire family killed. Since the player was on the receiving end, many feel resentment towards her. But if it happened to someone else, you would only be slightly sad.

DragonQueen

Oh I actually like Astrid. It's Cicero I enjoy hunting down and killing. My first time doing the DB questline I was a bit mad at Astrid but ever since I kinda wish there was a mod to keep her from dying in the fire.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts