Why cant I move dead bodies? [xbox/ps3]

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
So i was stalking around Honeyglow estate the other day. I was pretty happy with myself, i was able to assassinate all the mercenaries inside the estate without being detected once. But, as i was looting the place at my own leisure. 5 more mercenaries come inside for no reason... maybe they felt like a mead? or a shift change? saw the dead bodies on the floor and freaked out. Found me picking through a chest and rushed me. Why 'o' why, can i go all 'super assassin with 30x backstab' yet i cant then hide the bodies? I would have happily moved all the corpses under the stairs or in a cupboard but i cant. Just seems silly that we can make ourselves into an assassin class, but cant clean up after ourselves.

Elgrif

Skooma Alchemist
Were they wearing heavy armor, or were they rigid-glitched into the floor(question mark) Weight affects the ability to lift I think.

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
They were like all dead bodies. rag dolled on the floor. They were also all naked (mostly) as id looted all their armour to sell. AFAIK you cant move bodies at all on consoles... which sucks.

Elgrif

Skooma Alchemist
I can move bodies just fine on 360, weird idk...(I just slightly tap a and hold it; dragging them around with any limb.)

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
really? then what am i doing wrong? id love to do it. *happy to be proved wrong at this point!

Jojobinks70

good question? You really can't move bodies in the console version? Is that true? I have the ps3 version, and I have noticed sometimes when you go to search, you will grab the body instead. Is this just a glitch? I was trying to figure out how to do it consistently.

Elgrif

Skooma Alchemist
Yeah, I move bodies like that by quickly and slightly tapping a or (x on ps3 not sure) and holding it down while dragging-lifting the body

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
well it looks like im just retarded... thanks heaps guys.

Yeah, I had no idea you could move corpses until I saw it in a video.

Turns out, wherever your reticule is matters. You will lift/move from the point you select. The head is very useful. And of course, all kinds of things get in the way of manipulating bodies. But for the most part...

Actually, figuring that out really helped me impose some order on my home, which was starting to look like a total sty.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts