1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Why can my CPU can only play skyrim smoothly on low graphics?

Discussion in 'General Skyrim Discussion' started by Theundyingzebra, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Theundyingzebra

Theundyingzebra New Member

I'm using an ATI Radeon HD 4350 for graphics card, and I'm wondering why it runs super slow if I set the game to anything above low graphics. Its really bothering me...
  2. NobleGoldKnight

NobleGoldKnight Member

How much RAM do you have?
  3. Theundyingzebra

Installed Memory (RAM) : 8.00 GB. Is that enough?
  4. bradavis

bradavis Member

yeah that should be enough for sure
  5. Theundyingzebra

Then why does it only play well on the lowest graphics? : / It's really dissapointing, and I have a new cpu. I feel like it should be able to play on Ultra, but...it doesn't. Any solutions?
  6. Flamingtaco

Flamingtaco Active Member

Skyrim doesn't use more than 2 gb. You have to use a program called cff explorer to modify it. http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=134
    What cpu do you have? You're graphics card would have been good several years ago. I just checked out a benchmark for it. With a good cpu, at 720p on medium settings it ran Crysis at 10 fps. There is no way you are maxing Skyrim. My radeon 6870 runs crysis at 45 fps on ultra and I can barely get consistently above 30 fps with Skyrim on ultra. My advice is to get a new card if you plan on doing gaming. A nvidia 550 gtx is a good budget card ($120) or if youre willing to spend around $200 then go for the card i have or an nvidia gtx 560 ti. It might sound like a little much if you only want to play Skyrim, but it will set you up well for the next few years.