Why can my CPU can only play skyrim smoothly on low graphics?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Theundyingzebra

I'm using an ATI Radeon HD 4350 for graphics card, and I'm wondering why it runs super slow if I set the game to anything above low graphics. Its really bothering me...

Theundyingzebra

Then why does it only play well on the lowest graphics? : / It's really dissapointing, and I have a new cpu. I feel like it should be able to play on Ultra, but...it doesn't. Any solutions?

Flamingtaco

Installed Memory (RAM) : 8.00 GB. Is that enough?
Skyrim doesn't use more than 2 gb. You have to use a program called cff explorer to modify it. http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=134
Then why does it only play well on the lowest graphics? : / It's really dissapointing, and I have a new cpu. I feel like it should be able to play on Ultra, but...it doesn't. Any solutions?
What cpu do you have? You're graphics card would have been good several years ago. I just checked out a benchmark for it. With a good cpu, at 720p on medium settings it ran Crysis at 10 fps. There is no way you are maxing Skyrim. My radeon 6870 runs crysis at 45 fps on ultra and I can barely get consistently above 30 fps with Skyrim on ultra. My advice is to get a new card if you plan on doing gaming. A nvidia 550 gtx is a good budget card ($120) or if youre willing to spend around $200 then go for the card i have or an nvidia gtx 560 ti. It might sound like a little much if you only want to play Skyrim, but it will set you up well for the next few years.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts