• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Well, I'm married to Aela because all the other badass warrior women look like cavemen.

Cazimir

Willah married Erik. Mostly because he has been with her for most of the game. I imagine that in the beginning their relationship kind of teacher/student like. After all, Erik had never been outside of Rorikstead. So, Willah kept pointing things out, some of it entirely useless. Eventually they began to trust each other and once when Erik was talking about Hammerfell, Willah admitted that she'd miss him. Then things just progressed from there.

Saozig

Hippy
My Bosmer ranger married Marcurio. Marcurio’s my favorite NPC so naturally he was the first NPC had had one of my characters marry. I actually designed that Bosmer character to marry Marcurio, as an opposites attract sort of thing as my character used no magic.

I had my Redguard testdrive Ghorbash as a spouse because i like him. He was a good spouse although a little boring and seemed terriby out ofplace at Breezehome.

My Dunmer first married Sadri, thinking that it would be a nice, pragmatic match for her. Oh god, he was just horrible as a spouse. So I had my Dunmer "dump" him (i.e. went back to the save right before she started the marriage quest, and had her marry Romlyn Dreth instead. Much better match. He gave my Dunmer no attitude at all and was a great spouse, especially since he kept selling blackmarket Black Briar mead after they were married.

The only other marriage among my characters is my Rogue who married Gilfre after he failed to convince Carlotta Valentia that he was the guy for her. He married Gilfre as a Carlotta substitute in a way. They ended up making a pretty humorous couple--he’s a total trickster who couldn’t tell the staight truth if someone wrote down and had him read it off the paper, and she’s a no-messing-around , go-chop-some-firewood kind of woman. They could have been a sitcom. But then I had to restart that character’s game, so he’s still unmarried at this point.

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
On past files, I hadn't married anyone. Now, I deem it (mostly) necessary:

I'll be marrying off Nendir to Jenassa once he wraps up his burglarizing/assassinating/Mephala boot-licking.

I'm still undecided on whether or not I want to make Freyja bi-curious. I adore Mjoll, and Freyja would be the most viable character for marrying her. But at the same time, I feel like crushing on women would be just a tad out of character for a well-to-do Nord woman like Freyja. We'll see.

Shaadi's honestly too much of a sociopath to tie the knot with anyone. xD (Although Aela might be a close contender. Or someone magical. Brelyna?)

Rhubarb&Custard

In order;
Marcurio for my very first playthrough on the PS3 (which sadly got overwritten somehow. :sadface:) Cause I loved his sassiness, and he ain't bad looking either. ;)
Vorstag on my second playthrough, cause he's a good warrior and I thought he was sweet.
Marcurio AGAIN, with my high elf mage, because I needed a good partner to go through the Dragonborn quests, and he wouldn't follow me without marrying him, (weird glitch)
And I think my thief will remain single for a while, she's gotta flirt her way into getting higher prices for her stolen loot. ;)

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
Saadia.

Khasrin

Fusozayiit
I married Onmund from the College of Winterhold. He's a little goofy, but there's something endearing about him (and he's reasonably attractive, I suppose). He's actually quite useful on quests, so I take him everywhere with me; he's got a mean shock spell that's saved my butt on several occasions. He'll also use any staffs you give him, so that's fun to watch.

Onmund looks great in the Blades armor, but then I sort of killed that by making him wear the Stormcloak bear hat:

Skyrim_zps9fefff58.jpg.html
Skyrim_Onmund.jpg

Spidey-Man

Just hangin' around
I tend to go for the ladies who can actually handle themselves in a fight so they can protect my kiddies whenever I'm gone. Uh...not that their dear old dad leaves them out in the middle of nowhere with only a wooden sword for protection for days on end.

Willow

I married Vilkas because he's a badass. He now babysits and cooks me dinner. I like to think I "tamed" him but he's probably just whipped.

I've been married three times in Skyrim so far.

First time, in my first playthrough, was to Ysolda. Because come on, look at her. This was my favorite marriage so far.

Second time, for a change of pace, I tried Lydia. Problem was, she kept calling me thane and she was always dressed in full heavy armor even when I had her just chilling in one or another of our houses.

Third time, I married Muiri. I thought she'd be more like Ysolda (i.e. wearing civilian clothes and not calling me thane), but every time I walked through the living room she'd thank me for murdering that girl in Windhelm, which eventually got old, no matter how cute she is.

Now I've started a new playthrough, my fourth. My new character is a Dunmer, and I'm looking for a Dunmer mate, ideally. Though I'm considering Ysolda again. The reason being that not only is Ysolda one of the prettiest women in the game, but she's the only wife I've had so far who both (A) didn't have broken dialogue and (B) dressed in civilian clothes. A secondary reason being that there's a shortage of Dunmer marriageable characters (and non-human marriageable characters in general).

One marriageable Dunmer woman I really like is Jenassa, but she'll probably be dressed in armor, which is fine when we're out killing stuff in the wilderness but a little weird when she's just knocking around the house. So I could just bring her along with me, but then I'd constantly be worried about her getting killed lol.

So I'm kind of leaning toward either Jenassa or Ysolda, though I'm also thinking about the Dunmer woman Brelyna in the College of Winterhold. There's also Avrusa, the girl with the nirnroot farm in the Rift. So I'm still pretty undecided. It's early in the game though (I've only just bought the Whiterun house), so I have time to think it over.

Last edited:
Well, Ysolda may be a drug dealer, but my character is a one-man crime wave spreading theft and murder across the land, so frankly she'd be the one getting the short end of the stick here lol.

By the way, I ended up marrying Brelyna this time. I like her, but she seems to be stuck with College of Winterhold dialogue even while she's in my house in Whiterun. I wonder what will happen when I complete the College quest line.

Grishnag

Lets see I married , Camilla , Ysolda , Jordis , Lydia and Aela .

Camilla seems like a snob to me , I also dont find her too pretty but has the best looking dress . She was my first and well it was first come first serve .

Ysolda is my favorite . I think she the prettiest girl in Skyrim . Nice voice and personality . I feel the girls in dresses NPC,s like Camile and Ysolda get a rank up in Skyrim if they marry . Thats the only other cool thing they are capable of after they give you a quest or two . You marry them they become more alive ? They have a new story now ? For Camilla and Ysolda , it makes sense for them to open a shop on the side . Camilla,s brother is a merchant , Ysolda wanted to be a merchant .

For Jordis , Lydia and Aela , with their strong persona,s adventuring with you .
Marrying seems like a step down for them . They are not no name NPC,s , they have their place in the world . They also have a job , why are they opening a lil shop on the side , it makes no sense .

Poor Aela having to move from splendid Jorvasker to humble Breezehome , its a crime .

Jordis and Lydia are your butlers , so you are technically married to them anyways . XD .

Aela . Well thats interesting . I dont find her attractive . I married her cause she and I are the last of the werewolves in Skyrim .

Skor is dead still walking the companion halls , Vilkas and Farkus are cleansed . Old man Harbinger is both dead and cleansed .

For me as a player who wished to indulge in the whole werewolf adventure including Companions quest , Hircine ring quest , gathering the totems of Hircine quests .

Marrying Aela seems to be a nice closure to all that .

Now if you think my marriage is complicated . You should see my brother . He plays a female Kajit , He married an Argonian . Thats not the strange part . The argonian works in a mine or some such on the other side of the world and thats the supposed reason for running as fast as he can out the door every morning ........ XD

Last edited:

TheDreamersverse

Brit Fahiil Vahdin
Ooh I've married too many men to count and only two women. The men I've married some dude that I fought because my character was a badass and liked that he was strong. Forgot his name tho. Cosnatch (or something) the drunk from Markarth. He had sweet marriage dialogue such as when I asked him to cook for me he said it added a little mead it in because it made it taste better. Both if the werewolf brothers. But my favorite male (as I'm on Xbox and can't marry Brynjolf, that tease) is Argis the Bulwark. That voice tho it kills me. Even if he does call me thane all the time One of the few times I've played a dude I married Lydia because she was the companion I had all the time so they had chemistry. But she was annoying so I ended up making a new character a female and married yosolda because she was smart and independent and I just loved her.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts