• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

bananban

I feel like the Thieves Guild was something of a favorite target of trollin' too. No marriage legit candidates, no legit (and non-quest-tied) followers...da hell Beth? o_O

Yup. They also appeared to be the friendliest fellow guild-members of them all, too! All the Thieves' Guild characters would compliment you and say they were happy to see you.

The Companions? Well, I gave up on them pretty fast, so I don't know if they ever warm up to you. Dark Brotherhood? I didn't really expect much from them. Winterhold? Well, it seemed more like grudging respect to me, aside from Tolfdir, who I actually really liked.

Some characters like Niruin I can understand why you wouldn't be able to marry, but really? I can't even marry Etienne? I saved his life from the Thalmor! :mad:

We've had this conversation together before, not that I'm complaining. I could use a little Thieves' Guild rant again... XD

Docta Corvina

We've had this conversation together before, not that I'm complaining. I could use a little Thieves' Guild rant again... XD

LOL, that we have! I just...am sorta passionate about my Thieves Guild, so I go off on related tangents often. :p I'm glad someone else relates to my irritation though! xD

Thieves Guild peeps are the coolest, hands down. <3

bananban

LOL, that we have! I just...am sorta passionate about my Thieves Guild, so I go off on related tangents often. :p I'm glad someone else relates to my irritation though! xD

Thieves Guild peeps are the coolest, hands down. <3

I love the Thieves' Guild, too. I'm sure there are many others the same as us out there! Thieves' Guild was definitely the most rewarding questline for me. Best one of them all.

Docta Corvina

I love the Thieves' Guild, too. I'm sure there are many others the same as us out there! Thieves' Guild was definitely the most rewarding questline for me. Best one of them all.

Yeah, I definitely found it a lot more lively than even the main storyline, actually. It definitely has many of the most interesting characters in the game.

Speaking of Etienne, poor thing...he's so skittish in battle, I feel bad taking him with me as part of my merry band. We went after Potema (for the second quest part) and in that one final room at the end of the dungeon with all the Draugr, he resorted to looking for caskets to hide in! I felt so bad, I thought he might die of fright! :eek:

The fight didn't take long though and all was well. But still, I always feel slightly guilty about taking him on these wild adventures. But really, he has no need to fear - Bryn and Mercer make real quick work of everything that comes our way. :p

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Sylgja was the first person I married. There wasn't any particular reason, other than the fact I wanted to see what marriage was like in the game. I also married Aela the Huntress, Aeri, Camilla Valerius, Ysolda, and one or two others. All in means of testing. I was rather unhappy to find out just how superficial marriage was in Skyrim. Just a few minor perks but nothing with real value. Not even RP worthwhile since personalities seem to get drained from them after marriage.

I'll probably give it a second go should a decent mod come out that enhances marriage. Until then I may give it another shot, for RP purposes and just do my best to work around the shortcomings.

Morgan

Well, Camilla, rather unfortunately, keeps some of her personality after marriage: )

Harperlarp

I'd marry the woman with the prettiest face and the biggest boobs. Unfortunately the female folk in Skyrim all tend to be rather lacking in the latter category for my liking.

Neriad13

Premium Member
I've usually had my gal marry Vilkas. The werewolf thing is just cool, at least until he gets cured. Why him and not his brother? The voice is different. I like the guy's accent. :D

His brother can get cured too. You just have to keep asking him for quests and he'll eventually give it to you.

Arachnodite

My female Khajiit, Nitali (and my first and only character so far), married Ghorbash the Iron Hand. It took me a while to find someone (I'm level 48 now), but that's mainly because I hadn't found most of the people that are flagged as available. There was only some drunkard and Ysolda that wanted me, and both of those were a big fat "NO".

So, I looked up the NPCs that you can marry on UESP. With that list, I narrowed it down to four: the three orc males (Ghorbash, Gat and Moth) and Roggi Knot-Beard. I then found out that non-followers can't have their clothes changed, so Gat and Moth were out.

I visited Ghorbash first, and after talking to him and finding out he misses travelling (making him a kindred soul), I beat him in a brawl to earn his respect and his blade (then beat up his chieftan brother immediately after just 'cuz). Orcs may not be the sexiest out there, but I liked his personality. And I really loved that he loved to go adventuring and fighting and exploring caves. However, not wanting to settle on the first one I met, I then visited Roggi.

First off, I couldn't even get Roggi's quest that flags him as a follower. Not sure if it's a bug or what. Second of all, he uses one of the whole two (maybe three?) voices for nords. I get so sick of hearing the same voice all the time, that I knew it'd drive me insane if I had to listen to it every time I went home.

So, back to Dushnikh Yal I went. Not wanting to marry someone after having just met, I took Ghorbash out for some adventuring and quality time in the form of killing stuff. One hapless cave bear and two draugr fell to our combined might (well, I had to re-load once because Ghorbash died - curse his sucky default gear!). Satisfied with our time spent together, I asked if he was interested. He said I was brave and clever (and who doesn't love flattery?) and something along the lines of, he'd be honored to spend his life with me, if I felt the same way. Yes, Ghorbash, I do!!!

One marriage ceremony later, Ghorbash and Nitali were orc-man and kitty-wife. :) I gifted him a finely-crafted set of dragonscale armor (since my heavy armor-enhancing sucks) and a dragonbone axe I named Frostcleave. I like to think that he is deeply impressed and honored that his wife gave him a set of armor crafted from the bones of dragons she's slain. Now we spank whatever foe is foolish enough to cross blades with us. :D And once we're home, I get a nice home-cooked meal and some...R&R...later. -wink wink-

To be quite honest, the main reason I had my heart set on an orc was not because of their appearance (though Ghorbash's bod is pretty nice), but because a khajiit with a human seemed a little too...bestiality...to me and it just didn't sit well with me. At least with orcs, they're humanoid like me, but not so much so that it seems like a human getting it on with an animal. And, I find myself drawn to their personalities. That, and this is purely from an RP standpoint, I figure an orc can handle being clawed by a khajiit in night romps way more than a squishy human could. ;) Heck, he might even like it.

Also, if you name your character Tristan, you basically have no other choice.

Dammit, why didn't I realize that?!?

I already married Aela, since I became a werewolf right away and I figured since neither of us would get resting benefits, we probably have the same priorities...

The Rook

Make a fine rug? I don't crochet.
Proposal 1.jpg

Proposing to Jordis.

She is nice to Fehl'Varra, never complains about carrying stuff, cooks, greets her sweetly (ok, sometimes she doesn't recognize her as she enters their home, but what the hell, she's nearsighted). I fully support same sex marriage and even did a wedding for a couple in Pittsburgh when I lived there.

So I found my Khajiit a woman...now I have to find ME a woman.

(Living gratuitously through my character for way too long.)

The Rook

Why Bethesda, have you forsaken us with no Khajiit to marry in Skyrim? :[
Fehl'Varra prefers human women anyway. Gives her wife all the best armor and interjects herself between Jordis and any threat all the time. Chivalry is not dead, even in an assassin's heart.

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
Married Lydia. Pretty, sassy, and I grew attached to her during my adventures (hooray, crushing on a video game character).
never complains about carrying stuff, cooks, greets her sweetly
I dunno, for some reason Jordis always came across as a freakishly obsessive fangirl to me. Something about her just rubbed me the wrong way the first time I met her.

Aquillus

Muiri from the DB questline. She's attractive, and I like the fact that she's shorter than my Imperial. (Being shorter than my gf is a pet peeve of mine irl too.)

The Rook

Muiri kept thanking me for "solving her problem" that and the imagined cheating blew it for me...but she is cute.

So far my first two characters have married Mjoll and Camilla. My third wanted Ysolda, (She's so hot) but something or someone killed her; her body is outside her house. So I guess I'm saving myself. If you can marry Sapphire, I would. Hot.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
I used to be married to Serana, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

I haven't tied the knot yet, but I'm torn between Aela (she's a werewolf AND a boss), Ysolda (did her two side quests and rescued her from vampires in Dawnguard), and Jenassa (the blade for hire Whiterun, very formal though).

Templar of Talos

Bane of Elves and Vampires
Got married once in game, Ysolda... Only got married for the achievement. I play the game to kill dragons, Trolls and Altmer, not to get into a relationship with a grouping of polygons... Not my thing TBQH...

Bretbattmage

Aela the Huntress died SO many times in dungeons with my Breton battlemage ... I gave up reloading saved games. Now, I hope she will "reappear" after 30 Skyrim-days at Jorrvaskr so that I can start the Totem quests! (PS3)

But ... falling in <3 with *Brelyna Maryon, at the moment. She is currently using Gaulder Blackbow, Ebony arrows (though she sometimes stops equipping them - glitch?), and two saves: Staff of Fireballs & her original Staff of Lightning Bolts. She accepts enchanted jewelry but no luck yet on armor. She sometimes duel-wields the staves after casting Mage Armor, and prefers conjuring Frost or Fire Atronachs and uses Augmented Flames well. She is a Battle-Ranger-Mage!

Skyrim:Brelyna Maryon - UESPWiki

* Side note: her voice actress is CORRI ENGLISH, same as "Elisif the Fair" of Solitude (listen to them both)

Check out "Voice Over" below:

Corri English - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dinkleberg

I don't take myself seriously half the time ^_~
I married Brelyna also. At first, just for the achievement, but I got used to her traveling with me eventually. But I hate how since she's a student at the College, you can't "technically" move in with her lol.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts