Spoiler Who Made Who ? (Dark Brotherhood Contracts)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

feliciano182

So, who made who ?

From all the contracts you get from Nazir, who do you think did The Black Sacrament for each of target ?

To begin, I was reading a little on Anoriath in the wiki, and it says that he has a special dialogue with Olfina about her relationship with Jon, it inmediately clicked on my mind that perhaps it was she who sent the Dark Brotherhood against him, quite funny since I was always wondering who would want Anoriath dead.

Now Narfi ? No idea, I can only go by Pziberker's good theory that it was someone in Ivarstead.

Neriad13

Premium Member
As far as Narfi goes, my money's on Wilhelm, the innkeeper. That guy seems to have his hands in quite a few pockets, not all of them savory. And just how did he end up with a dragon claw? Also, when you talk to him about Narfi, he's the only character who seems to care that he exists, though not quite enough to give him a hand. Maybe in his twisted way, he thought that sending the Dark Brotherhood to end his misery would be a kindness.

feliciano182

As far as Narfi goes, my money's on Wilhelm, the innkeeper. That guy seems to have his hands in quite a few pockets, not all of them savory. And just how did he end up with a dragon claw? Also, when you talk to him about Narfi, he's the only character who seems to care that he exists, though not quite enough to give him a hand. Maybe in his twisted way, he thought that sending the Dark Brotherhood to end his misery would be a kindness.

Good thinking, it occured to me that perhaps it could've been Klimmek or that chick's father......wazzisname ?

Cylos

The Last Dragonborn
The most difficult question- Lurbuk, the Orsimer bard in Morthal
I'd met him before but Nazir's little comment about Astrid holding bets as to who they thought ordered the assassination, priceless.

feliciano182

The most difficult question- Lurbuk, the Orsimer bard in Morthal
I'd met him before but Nazir's little comment about Astrid holding bets as to who they thought ordered the assassination, priceless.

Is that irony I detect in your post good sir :p ?

Anyways, hilarious stuff with Lurbuk.

Neriad13

Premium Member
As for the others:

- Beitild was most probably killed by either her ex-husband's order or by that of one of her own workers, whom she abused in order to one-up her ex's mining business.

- The hit on Ennodius Papius was most likely ordered by one of the millers he once worked with at Anga's Mill, in order to ensure that he wouldn't give up his reclusive lifestyle and return to work, wresting control of the mill from Aeri. At a guess, I'd have to say Kodrir did it, as he seems so suspicious of strangers and unfriendly. Maybe he's been playing mind games with Ennodius all along and is going to be after Aeri next in his bid for ownership of the mill.

- I've at least got a pretty good idea of who didn't want Lurbuk killed. :p Jonna, the keeper of the inn in which he lives doesn't seem to mind him too terribly.

- Hern was most likely killed on the orders of a traveler who passed through the area once and had a bad experience with the vampires in the mill. Or maybe it was even someone in Falkreath. As he couldn't trust the Legion, Stormcloaks or the incompetent local authorities to take out the threat, the Dark Brotherhood may have been the most logical choice for once.

- Deekus' contract was probably made by someone who wanted the treasures he'd scavenged all for himself. Or maybe it was someone who was trying to keep a secret buried beneath the waves of the Sea of Ghosts.

- As for Ma'randru-jo...hard to say. A lot of people don't take kindly to Khajiits and if he cheated someone once on a sale, who can say that the one on the losing end of the bargain wouldn't want to kill him?

- Anoriath - Olfina's a surprisingly good theory. 0.0

- Agnis' death was probably ordered by the men she's been cleaning up after, as evidenced in a couple of letters. After how long she's been stubbornly living in Fort Greymoor, there was literally no other way to toss her out.

- The reason for Maluril's death was probably the bandits with whom he'd aligned himself. Or some of them at least. Maybe they wanted more of a share of Mzinchaleft's loot but were too afraid of his magic power and the opinions of the other half of the group to take him out on their own.

- Maybe Helvard's death was the result of a remnant of the bandits Jarl Siddgeir had murdered getting their revenge on him.

- Safia's a pirate. What else is there to say? :p

feliciano182

I like that Hern was an act of revenge, vampires receive no quarter in Skyrim, that's for sure.

Interesting bit on Ennodius Papius, no idea anyone wanted him dead for those reasons at least.

Ma'randru-jo is indeed the biggest mystery..........perhaps an internal rivalry ? I'm pretty sure Rizzad (sp) could affort his death.

Wildroses

I don't think Narfi and his sister were as harmless and innocent as they looked. Things I've found in the sister's satchel and things Narfi has given me for finding her necklace include daedra hearts, briar hearts, human hearts and human flesh.

feliciano182

I don't think Narfi and his sister were as harmless and innocent as they looked. Things I've found in the sister's satchel and things Narfi has given me for finding her necklace include daedra hearts, briar hearts, human hearts and human flesh.

Maybe his sister was bad, but honestly, what the hell could Narfi do to anyone ?

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
You know, I have never stopped to think about this. I just get my contracts and go on my merry way to kill people, never wondering who they are or who might have wanted them dead. What in Oblivion does that say about me?! This makes me want to start the Dark Brotherhood questline again, and really pay attention to all the targets, and try to solve the mystery of who ordered the hit.

feliciano182

You know, I have never stopped to think about this. I just get my contracts and go on my merry way to kill people, never wondering who they are or who might have wanted them dead. What in Oblivion does that say about me?! This makes me want to start the Dark Brotherhood questline again, and really pay attention to all the targets, and try to solve the mystery of who ordered the hit.

Thou are a true child of Sithis !

Skyscraper2015

Maybe his sister was bad, but honestly, what the hell could Narfi do to anyone ?
I have heard a theory that narfi could be a werewolf and it might explain his overabundance of faicial hair, claw marks in his hut, why he lives by himself on the opposite side of the river and why he has a collection of hearts that he gives as rewards among other reasons im sure. Just a theory that actually seems to have a lot of validity in my mind.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts