• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

CottonCandyDeath

High Elf--Imperial--SweetRoll Thief
My first Steward was Iona. I brought her from my Proudspire manor house to be the steward at the home that has the area with the giant and mammoth just around the corner. Well i had just brought Iona there and I had only fairly recently started using her as my companion when doing quests. i was really enjoying her actually. Then one day i decided we would walk around the corner and off that giant and mammoth. All was going well until the mammoth started chasing me farther into the woods. I had to leave Iona to take care of the giant. When i killed the mammoth and got back to the giant he was still alive and Iona was missing. I killed him but never found her.I had to just assume she was dead.

The death of Iona was confirmed when i brought Jordis back to the home and she wanted to be the steward.I figured she wouldnt have brought the dialogue up if Iona was alive.I was kinda sad and for a few days i would just go out there and walk around in the area hoping to locate a body to really prove it, but no such luck. Well Jordis may be an idiot, but shes managed to help me alot so ill keep her around.

Kaige

I've had Vilkas, Farkas, Gregor, Lydia, and Eola as my stewards in previous games I usually only marry Vilkas or Farkas so sometimes, the brother gets to be the Steward, depending on the one I marry.

Although, with Lydia and Eola... I always come inside and have them say things like "You lost, friend?" ... It's my house. But that doesn't seem to happen with the others.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
I have Iona. She is tough, but luckily there are no giants around to test the extent of that. I'm troubled that once made steward, she insists upon wearing her steel armor over the armor that I equipped her with while traveling with her. Sometimes when I come inside she asks if I'm lost, but then quickly realizes it's me and recovers with a "How may I serve you, my thane?"

Lucid

My most recent Steward is Erik the Slayer. He may be my all-time favourite NPC, and I want to come home to him always. He takes care of my spouse and myself, our kids, the house and Meeko. And I think he has something going on with the Bard - the lucky girl.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
My most recent Steward is Erik the Slayer. He may be my all-time favourite NPC, and I want to come home to him always. He takes care of my spouse and myself, our kids, the house and Meeko. And I think he has something going on with the Bard - the lucky girl.

A FEMALE BARD? WHICH HOUSE IS THIS?

Forgive me.. I am fine now.

Lucid

A FEMALE BARD? WHICH HOUSE IS THIS?

Forgive me.. I am fine now.

Heljarchen Hall in The Pale, her name is something like Oriella. A lot of people hate her, I am not certain why.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
I used Brelyna as my first steward, since I was a mage and needed a fellow mage to look over my house, especially since I made a mage's dream house with an enchanting tower, alchemy tower, and a library tower (everything a mage could need).

sticky runes

i nearly always have Golldir as a steward. He's a reliable fighter, and it's nice to have him in a useful location instead of hiding away in his family tomb every time I want to use him.

Likewise, Uthgerd is more useful at one of my houses instead of always pissing it up in the Bannered Mare.

I also tend to use Faendal and Eric the Slayer a lot as stewards, although sometimes Eric will not offer himself as a steward.

If I've already joined a guild, such as the Dawnguard, Mage College or Companions, I will use some of those members as stewards, so it's like having different branches operating throughout Skyrim.

Sometimes I use some of the vanilla housecarls as stewards (Lydia, Calder, Iona) so they are more useful actually attending my property instead of sitting at one of my other homes.

I never use any of the new housecarls as stewards (Rayya, Gregor, Valdimar) because I like to maximize my household.

DestroyerDevourMaster

"Zu'u Alduin. Zok sahrot do naan ko Lein!"
I have yet to get around to building my homes but I've already decided that Faendal will be steward of Lakeview manor in Falkreath, Roggi Knot-Beard will preside over Windstad Manor, and as long as she doesn't bug out on me I'd like Illia to be the steward of Heljarchen Hall in the Pale where my family will live.

sticky runes

My newest character has joined the mage's college, and made Onmund steward of Winstad. He and Valdimar are lovers!

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
My current character married Jordis, moved into Winstad Manor so Valdimar is the housecarl. I decided on Iona as the steward because I've neglected her up until now. The bandits who attacked didn't stand a chance, especially when Sonir the bard weighed in with some Ice Spikes. I had to sit on Shadowmere to stop him joining in and enjoy the action.

zuko514

Uthgerd and Lydia. It is my way of thanking them for saving my ass so many times. Thanks for taking the blow for me, here is a cushion job and a nice retirement plan.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
I think a steward should be able to help defend the property but also be comfortable and not wear armour when dealing with tradesmen and shopkeepers.

Therefore I have Illia the Ice mage as my Steward, she also wields her mothers Staff of Hag's Wrath which is immensely powerful (50points of fire damage per second!) flame barrier effect.

The only problem is now she cant be my follower as well....

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
For my second reply in this thread, I state that I employ Lydia and Jordis along with Iona. My housecarl women are all strong fighters who've fought by my side in many quests. They all make good stewards, and they are beautiful women. Reasons enough for me. I still call upon any of them from time to time, to travel at my side just like old times.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
For my second reply in this thread, I state that I employ Lydia and Jordis along with Iona. My housecarl women are all strong fighters who've fought by my side in many quests. They all make good stewards, and they are beautiful women. Reasons enough for me. I still call upon any of them from time to time, to travel at my side just like old times.

I love Honeyside but I absolutely hate Iona. She has never lasted more than 2in game days before I sacrifice her to Boethiah. Her constant speech whenever I enter Honeyside makes me so cranky and I tried taking her on a mission to see if she got better while travelling, but that ended up us going up to a Deadric Princes shrine near Windhelm... I love Jordis and Lydia is ok... when she isnt munging out on bread in ma bedroom :rolleyes:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts