Who is the most powerful companion that can assist you

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
I am a sneaky sneak and all of them seem to noisy for me... been thinking about getting the dark elf from the drunken hunter in whiterun seems like she might been a sneak

varem

The best and only companion I've had is Brother Verelus from Markath. He's immortal and has powerful spells and knifes like a boss. You can get him to follow you by finding him in Understone Keep and accepting his quest to clear out the Hall of the Dead. When you're there, don't kill the cannibal lady and side with her. Then when you move on to the next part of the quest, talk to Brother Verelus but don't go the cave because he will die. Just go do whatever else and enjoy your new and powerful companion.After I a while I just ddin't feel like killing him for a plopsty ring. We had been through so much, so after I got strong enough I didn't need a companion, I went to the cave, told him to wait and killed everyone. So I forfeited a quest, but i saved my bro :D

thecelticlatino

Based on who I've experienced:

Good:
Lydia- She's fairly standard, tanks and snipes when need be. A few times I dismissed her simply because she stole kills. I'd say she's pretty useful.

Stenvar- Excellent fighter-tank. Probably one of my favorite companions simply because he's got a cool personality and most of my characters aren't tankish.

Jenassa- Very deadly and can handle her own. Give her a pair of swords and let her do her thing. Very effective for mage/stealth characters.

Marcurio- Very effective mage, highly recommend if you're a tank/melee character. Definitely useful for taking enemy casters out.

Unthegard/Valkas- Pretty effective melee fighters.

Faendal- Very useful archer, a shame he got lost the first time I had him as a follower.

Sven- Believe it or not. I armed him with heavy armor and a greatsword and he took damage and gave it back very, very well. Maybe I just got lucky but he's pretty good despite having bad starting equipment. Must be the Nord in him.

Njada- I'd say she's more on the decent than really good level, but she can handle her own quite well.

Not so Good:
Aela- For a woman that looks so badass she's actually subpar. Lydia's a better archer imo despite Aela being geared towards archery. Aela is also pretty weak when it comes to taking damage.

J'Zargo- Weakest companion ever. Died the first time he ever followed me. Would love to conjure him and ask him to boast of his abilities again.

Oblo

#swag
J'Zargo- Weakest companion ever. Died the first time he ever followed me. Would love to conjure him and ask him to boast of his abilities again.
J'Zargo actually lived a while for me. He has some pretty fricking decent spells at least and can 3-hit a sabre cat with his ice spells. This is great because he shoots out like a spell like ever second. I didn't give him any armor, however so he died after a long run. Try giving him some enchanted armor or something. I think out of all the companions he has the lowest health but he's a great mage.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I've recently been using Calder from Windhlem, he's the Housecarl you get from that city. Pretty much like Lydia, but less whiny. So, I'll stick to him for awhile.

I think the Kahjiit companions are weak overall. I had a supposed Kahjiit warrior with me and he keeled over in seconds upon entering into enemy territory.

Gaidren

The Dark Brotherhood Initiate is literally unable to die. That's probably a bug, but it makes her/him the best in my opinion. The others are just too fragile to bother with, even with upgraded gear.

Beodix

Thane of Winterhold & Windhelm, Harbinger
+1 on Marcurio, After I lost Lydia (my 3rd dead companion) just outside of Riften to a Dragon Attack, I hired him to support me on a mission. The guy blasts lightning bolts like no ones business, often sending enemies flying through the air. Once I was clearing out a Forsworn settlement and we got separated, and all of a sudden I see these fireballs erupting from down below and hitting archers up on the ramparts. By the time I got up there they were all crispy and quite dead. The guy is one BadAss Mage. Plus we killed some of those Thalmor elves and I gave him the Judicator's robes and he looks PRO. So I'm going to keep him around for awhile.

Also, I just finished the Companions Sidequest and all of the companions are now able to be a follower for me. So far I've only run with Farkas, Vilkas, Aela, and Ria. I will try out the others and give my feedback.

Vrael42

eh? everyone is strong the more you wait until you meet him. if you wait till level 81, they have level 81 if you meet them first. Doesnt matter if Lydia is good or not good, if you meet her level 10 its over lol

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
I like aela b/c she's hot, lol! Vilkas and the other dude who looks just like him from the companions have both died on me and have not come back, she has lasted much longer with pretty much the same equipment.

skoldzer

+1 on Marcurio,

Boethiah's Calling ... he served his purpose for a well deserved set of ebony armor ... i never used a companion in the game ... Lydia is safe guarding my treasure ... the road was long and hard without one ... but at Lv35 i think i am doing better now.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts