• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

WVUbeerman

I got ripped off on my Apple
Alright, not to sound like a man that hates kids or anything, but I guess I should get the wife in the game some kids, but I don't want kids to be annoying me at all. Are there any adoptable kids that I can get that are "cool" aka not annoying and also is there a nice 19 yr old smokin hottie nanny that I can also hire, perfer if she would wear a maids outfit, but I can just steal off her clothes if that is not a viable option?

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
I had runa fair-shield from the orphanage and sophie the flower girl from windhelm, both were nice but every time you come home they speak to you and try to get you to play, I think all kids are the same though, just tell them to do their chores and they go away

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
So in other words, a dovahkiin has to act like a parent when they adopt? (Heavily sarcastic) How unexpected.
yeah it sucks :p
I did the adoption thing once to try it but never have on any playthrough since, there's no real benefit aside from the roleplay aspect, my high elf justiciar doesn't have time for games, there's nords to be tortured :D

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
You guys really give us Altmer a bad name. You know that?
What better way to spend an afternoon is there than strolling from your manor to the nearest town to electrocute a few Nords? Then make them your thralls so they can serve you to repent for their sins, filthy talos worshippers! We're here to enforce the law :cowboy:

Gowsh

Old Fart
What better way to spend an afternoon is there than strolling from your manor to the nearest town to electrocute a few Nords? Then make them your thralls so they can serve you to repent for their sins, filthy talos worshippers! We're here to enforce the law :cowboy:

For gods' sake, at least have the decency to capitalize the "T" in "Talos."

You may not think he's a god, but it's a proper name and deserves at least some respect for founding the Empire, which, for a couple of hundred years, included the Altmer.

Nyaaa! :p

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
For gods' sake, at least have the decency to capitalize the "T" in "Talos."

You may not think he's a god, but it's a proper name and deserves at least some respect for founding the Empire, which, for a couple of hundred years, included the Altmer.

Nyaaa! :p
Don't say for God's sake, there's no Gods being mentioned here. This talos blasphemy is at an end!

Gowsh

Old Fart
Don't say for God's sake, there's no Gods being mentioned here. This talos blasphemy is at an end!

I was invoking the Nine (minus 1?). Note the possessive plural.;)

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
I was invoking the Nine (minus 1?). Note the possessive plural.;)
Ok I'll put a stop on that execution order, just remember it's 'by the 8' not the 9 :)

Karen

boop.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't all adopted children say and do pretty much the same things once adopted? It seems like they have the same pool of dialogue to me, or maybe I'm not spending enough time with my kids. :p They all seem super grateful and polite to me.

Also, I'd take one of the kids living on the streets. Assuming you've taken care of Grelod, those at Honorhall at least have a roof over their heads and are being fed; they don't have it too bad.

But either way, I think all of the homeless kids added to Hearthfire and the default orphanage kids are all right. They've all been given sad backstories to earn sympathy points, and are all equally thankful if you choose to adopt them. I'm not sure if that's the same for the children you can adopt if their parents are killed in-game, though.

WVUbeerman

So i am seeing they are all annoying, another question, with me building a house, does that mean that the wife can be killed from outside source and if so will it then allow me to remarry?

WVUbeerman

Well I went with the homeless orphans, those annoying brats , I mean less fortunate kids better appreciate what a great man I am and servant to skyrim. The ladies better start to line up, oh wait I am married to some woman with a pickaxe that still wont put on sexy clothes. Wish bandits could kill your wife and I could remarry.

CottonCandyDeath

High Elf--Imperial--SweetRoll Thief
I always adopt Sophie. Her story seems the most sad to me, plus shes very sweet and so grateful to have a home and not sleep out in the cold anymore. I do rotate which other child i adopt with her. Sometimes its another girl, sometimes it s a boy.

TheGreenMage12201

I just thought I'd let you know that if you kill Braith's parents, she'll get sent to the orphanage in Riften and you can adopt her and then she'll have the same dialogue as the other kids.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts