Who is the best Follower you had?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Neriad13

Premium Member
Marcurio. He's astonishingly polite when I'm changing in whatever inn room I'm staying in. Other followers just barge in and gawk at my naked body when I'm halfway dressed. Marc tends to wait patiently outside until I'm ready to go without me having to ask him.

bananban

I used to use Lydia all the time but then she became weak as my level and enemies levels grew higher. Also, I focus almost entirely on sneak attacks and I haven't found a single follower who can even remotely compete with my sneak skills and don't detect me against .

I kept Barbas for a while, just because he was invincible and would never stop fighting but then his barking and shoving me around started to bother me so I finished his quest.

since i am archer thief....

best tanker follower = Mjoll

best non-controllable follower = Esbern

I like to bring the both of them and go on quests before i send Esbern home to sky haven :p but lots of conflict kind of happened during that time haha.

Ajones2323

The Black Knight
Marcurio has been by far the best for me. I used him with my first character who was a blademaster of sorts, while also a good archer, so Marcurio complemented my playstyle perfectly.

Just to save making a new thread:
I have lost Lydia, she was last in Dawnstar but I may have told her, wait here, but she's nowhere to be found, even after fast travel. Do followers get bored eventually and return home? Is it worth waiting for her for day after day?
Yes> You should have seen a message saying that she grew tired of waiting.

skyrimaddict1323

Dovahkiin1323
I mostly use Aela. I know she's meant to be in light armor, but i put her in daedric and we walk around matching, looking like bosses, and just F'ing Sh... up lol. Murcurio was pretty boss too, and some of the stuff he said was pretty funny, but you can't really make him look cool so i dropped him

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
I'm starting to like Jordis the Sword-Maiden. She's the first follower I've tried who accepts my dwarven bow of soul stealing and continuously uses it to snag souls for me. Every other follower so far has pretty much refused to equip it, opting instead to use their fists or whatever weapon they'd find on the ground. I dunno if it's because Jordis is a bow user by default or because I gave her about 200 steel arrows along with the bow, but either way I'm not complaining! That, and she's not an eyesore like my previous follower, Ghorbash Iron Hand. I got sick of him and his ugly mug and those horrendous burping noises he'd make all the time at the most inappropriate occasions. Like when I'm at home in Honeyside with my wife.. he stands right next us going *gurgle gurgle burp burp*. With such a romance-killer in the house, it's no wonder I never get any action from the missus!

The Fallen Hero

Master Assassin; Hybrid
Derkeethus isn't the only immortal follower in the game.

I am going to have to say the Female Dark Brotherhood Initiate. She doesn't die, and she's a great warrior/archer. She does get me caught sometimes but her benefits trace over her faults.

skyrimaddict1323

Dovahkiin1323
I'm starting to like Jordis the Sword-Maiden. She's the first follower I've tried who accepts my dwarven bow of soul stealing and continuously uses it to snag souls for me. Every other follower so far has pretty much refused to equip it, opting instead to use their fists or whatever weapon they'd find on the ground. I dunno if it's because Jordis is a bow user by default or because I gave her about 200 steel arrows along with the bow, but either way I'm not complaining! That, and she's not an eyesore like my previous follower, Ghorbash Iron Hand. I got sick of him and his ugly mug and those horrendous burping noises he'd make all the time at the most inappropriate occasions. Like when I'm at home in Honeyside with my wife.. he stands right next us going *gurgle gurgle burp burp*. With such a romance-killer in the house, it's no wonder I never get any action from the missus!

I used Ghorbash on one character and like you, i got sick of him. So i decided to piss off a couple giants and mammoths and hide on top of a cliff they couldnt get to. He killed them all.. 2 of each. So on that character, he's still my follower.

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
I used Ghorbash on one character and like you, i got sick of him. So i decided to piss off a couple giants and mammoths and hide on top of a cliff they couldnt get to. He killed them all.. 2 of each. So on that character, he's still my follower.

Man, he's hard core! :eek: A lot can be said about the quality of his company, but you gotta give the repulsive bastard some credit for having survived that!

skyrimaddict1323

Dovahkiin1323
Man, he's hard core! :eek: A lot can be said about the quality of his company, but you gotta give the repulsive bastard some credit for having survived that!

Most definitely. I thought he was done when the first giant orbited him, but he landed and kept going..

Janessa's pretty hardcore too, she got launched by a giant twice in like a minute and survived. After the second one i figured i wasn't getting her back so i went on her way. A few minutes later i turn aroung and there she is trottong back up to be... Actually, as much as people like her, Lydia is the only follower that has consistantly died on me. So she's a blade now.

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
Most definitely. I thought he was done when the first giant orbited him, but he landed and kept going..

Janessa's pretty hardcore too, she got launched by a giant twice in like a minute and survived. After the second one i figured i wasn't getting her back so i went on her way. A few minutes later i turn aroung and there she is trottong back up to be... Actually, as much as people like her, Lydia is the only follower that has consistantly died on me. So she's a blade now.

I've never tried Janessa myself.. she's gotta be tough to live through that, though! Lydia kept dying on me all the time, too. She had a terrible track record of running into every single trap in every dungeon. I guess her frail constitution could be attributed to her low level (hadn't figured out the wabbajack thing yet when I was using her). In my current game she is actually permanently dead. She got killed in action in some dungeon and I didn't remember to reload. By the time I figured out she was gone, I had played probably 100 hours after her demise so it was too late to reload.

I like Aela a lot right now. I am playing a warrior class currently, and since she is very proficient with archery, she just sits back and picks people off while I chop them up with my greatsword. It is quite nice. She doens't get in my way, and she is willing to make me sandwiches.

Docta Corvina

Haha, I for one will never stop singing Marcurio's praises. He's a very strong destruction mage (and therefore a ranged fighter which is AWESOME), he's intelligent, not overly talkative, funny and eye/ear candy. You really can't go wrong with him. He's my husband and follower in my Xbox play files. =D

I've also tried Onmund and while he's also a ranged mage, I dunno, he doesn't seem as feisty. He seemed to get into trouble and need saving more often, which was cute but just not ideal. He's adorable though.

I currently still have Mercer Frey as a *temp* follower, though he's been my *temp* follower (in my Xbox and PC play files) for like weeks now lol. He's just too funny, not to mention he runs off and takes care of bandit bounties for me, even when I'm not in the immediate vicinity of the bandit camps. (Weird, but this has happened.) He's also a pretty strong swordsman and invincible - so those are also great bonuses. I dunno, love him or hate him, he's a good one to have on your side. Even if just temporarily. Not sure I'll ever finish the TG questline because I love having him around so much. He makes me laugh with his perpetual anger and his battle cries. Plus, with him in addition to my legit followers, I barely have to do any real fighting rofl.

In my PC version, I have Rune (from the Thieves Guild) as my husband and follower. He's pretty good, alternating between being an archer and a swordsman. He's also not overly talkative, but he's very sweet and good-natured, and appears to also be invincible (except when it comes to accidental sword hits from me OTL). Also eye candy (I love my Imperials, lol <3), which is yet another check in the positive column.

Vraek

I used to like Lydia for a while, but she vanished, never to be seen again. No tomb in whiterun, so she's not dead, and she's not in Dragonsreach, but she came to my wedding (with Mjoll) for some reason, and haven't seen her since. Had J'zargo for a bit, but lost him in the Imperial Questline without realising.

By far the best one I've found is the Markath housecarl Argis the Bulwark, kitted out in high-end heavy armour, decent weapons and a few health enchantments and he is completely unkillable. The only problems I've had with him is that until recently he could best me one-on-one, so if I accidentally pissed him off... :s

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

derkeethus, cause he NEVER dies and makes me giggle everytime he hisses at an enemy (dragons the funniest)

tigersauce

Caravan Guard
Probably Mjoll the Lioness. She's invincible and great with 2-handers. Give her a set of Legendary Daedric and a Legendary Daedric battleaxe and she's rearing to go.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts