Who else hunts the Thalmor for sport?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JoeReese

Something odd. Normally, I can pick off Thalmor with impunity, but the other day I got a group outside Fort Greymoor and, when I got back to the Western Watchtower, the Whiterun guards drew and attacked. No bounty, no offer of arrest, just straight in for the kill. Is this because of the Thalmor? Should I be following them further out of sight?

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
Something odd. Normally, I can pick off Thalmor with impunity, but the other day I got a group outside Fort Greymoor and, when I got back to the Western Watchtower, the Whiterun guards drew and attacked. No bounty, no offer of arrest, just straight in for the kill. Is this because of the Thalmor? Should I be following them further out of sight?

If you throw the first punch then guards will fight against you. However if you go up to them and do the dialogue then they'l go "OMGZ U <3 TALOS!" then they'll attack you. I don't think the guards get involved, but Thalmor aren't hard to dispose of when you have your wide array of shouts and are armed to the teeth with daedric armor and weapons

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
The guards are milk drinkers for not helping you out during a Thalmor attack. Isn't that their job? to protect their citizens? I always wanted to tell them "WTF! Why aren't you doing your job you milk drinker?!?!?" after the battle between the Thalmor.

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
The guards are milk drinkers for not helping you out during a Thalmor attack. Isn't that their job? to protect their citizens? I always wanted to tell them "WTF! Why aren't you doing your job you milk drinker?!?!?" after the battle between the Thalmor.

Sjadbek: "Oh, don't think about it that way. Think of it as the guards politely stepping back to allow the Dragonborn to increase his/her Thalmor kill count."

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
As a wood elf I am not sure how I should feel about the Thalmor.

Should I hate them or help them?
Thalmor =/= Elves, not even Altmer. They are an Altmer faction of Alinor/Summerset Isle that rose to power and dominance during the Oblivion Crisis. You're free to have anti-Thalmor views regardless of your race.

Dagmar

With very few exceptions, any attack on a non-hostile NPC is considered an Assault and any killing is considered Murder.

I though wood elves were part of the Aldmeri Dominion? Are there any wood elves in the Thalmor that are not lackeys?

stagnant94

i will kill the thalmor, steal their wives, burn their land and salt it to stop anything for ever growing or surviving there.

does that answer your question?

stagnant94

Why do you want their women? Their just as bad as the men. Just check out the bitches in solitude.
I HAVE A TORTURE ROOM

Dagmar

I though wood elves were part of the Aldmeri Dominion? Are there any wood elves in the Thalmor that are not lackeys?
Valenwood is part of the Aldmeri Dominion. Anyone living in the Empire, regardless of race, can be presumed to be a citizen of the Empire unless otherwise stated or apparent.

ShangTsung

i hunt and kill just about everything the game will let me without getting a bounty, thalmor ofcourse are on the menu.. i just hate it when you come across those annoying npc's that have nothing what-so-ever to do with the story but just to be asshats bethesda gave them inf health, it is beyond aggrevating!

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
Aaaaaaaw, the poor little guys. I'm going to spread the love for definite next time I see them!
Then ill kill them.
No mercy and all that. :p

Loose ends, and all that.

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
I've taken out tons of Thalmor. Sometimes I'll visit the embassy again just for the heck of it.

But every prisoner I rescue says that the next Imperial he sees is dead.
I'm an Imperial, in both race and allegiance. It's a little awkward, really.

By Imperial he means enforcer of the banishment of Talos.

Who says Legionnaires (like my Leksandr) can't worship Talos secretly?

Had exactly the same experience: Thalmor at Greymoor followed by guards attacking in Whiterun. Very odd, considering I have killed Thalmor all over Skyrim without any repercussions, just Whiterun.

Dagmar

Had exactly the same experience: Thalmor at Greymoor followed by guards attacking in Whiterun. Very odd, considering I have killed Thalmor all over Skyrim without any repercussions, just Whiterun.
It's just simple game mechanics. If you attacked and killed them and it wasn't in self-defense, it's murder. If there are no witnesses left after you kill them then the crime is removed from your status. Unless you kill all the bandits in Fort Greymoor you are guaranteed to have surviving witnesses to your crime. Even if you kill all the bandits as well, if the fight carries over too far to the east the guards at the Western Watchtower may become witnesses as well.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts