• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

seeker23

Looking for the Snitch in Skyrim...
Who did you adopt or plan to adopt in skyrim? Why did you adopt them? Are you happy you did adopt?

I adopted Lucia from Whiterun and Sofie from Windhelm.

Lucia because I truly felt sorry for her. I mean chased out of you own farm and all. Wasn't able find her aunt and uncle or I would have slaughtered them. And no child should take to begging for a living. It is the same for Sofie. She was selling flowers. Who could live on Skyrim by selling just flowers? And the kids at the orphanage at least have a place to stay and food to eat. For these two it is hard to get I suppose.

I like having the two of them at my home. They are great.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
(This should have been posted in the Hearthfire sub-forum)

I adopt no-one, they all have the same face and it creeps me out.

Rimfaxe96

Sofie from Windhelm. It's just heartbreaking when you watch a girl sleeping in the backyard on a heap of straw in the middle of a blizzard.
And Blaise from Solitude's stables because he lives worse than the animals that live there.
I considered Lucia too but in the end, Whiterun is a much better living place for a beggar than Windhelm, and at least Lucia even gets to beg in a rather wealthy city for a Civil War than having to work all day to get some food, or at least the food the animals get...

Lord Aethok

I adopted Blaise and Lucia.​
Although Blaise has a home, the conditions he's in are awful.​
Lucia, well, I adopted her because I just saw her sitting on a bench in Whiterun, staring into the distance...​

Manmangler

Who did you adopt or plan to adopt in skyrim? Why did you adopt them? Are you happy you did adopt?

Lucia because I truly felt sorry for her. I mean chased out of you own farm and all. Wasn't able find her aunt and uncle or I would have slaughtered them. And no child should take to begging for a living. It is the same for Sofie. She was selling flowers. Who could live on Skyrim by selling just flowers? And the kids at the orphanage at least have a place to stay and food to eat. For these two it is hard to get I suppose.

Same
Even Sofie talk about father, a stormcloak soldier who didnt get home. QUess who was Imperial side on war :sadface:

seeker23

Looking for the Snitch in Skyrim...

Thanks for pointing that out. Yeah I should have figured that out. Thanks for the poke.

Can anyone tell me how to move the thread? That is if it can be moved, I'm a little new around here. Thanks

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit

Thanks for pointing that out. Yeah I should have figured that out. Thanks for the poke.

Can anyone tell me how to move the thread? That is if it can be moved, I'm a little new around here. Thanks
As far as I know you have to have a moderator move it. Try asking Rayven and see what she says.

Khasrin

Fusozayiit
Tora the Wolfborn adopted Sissel, mostly because I killed her father and felt slightly bad about it. I left her horrid sister Britte in the orphanage though (there's something very Children of the Corn about her). I also adopted Runa Fair-Shield. I hate children IRL, so I don't know what made me think I'd like having them in a game. Never again. o_O

Tora and Onmund are terrible parents anyway. Tora is barely ever home (too busy completing vampire side-quests to turn her husband). She only comes home to feed on him or put things in storage.

Actual conversation I had w/a friend while playing:
Corey: "What are you doing? You can't drink your children's blood!"
Me: "Well what good are they, then?!"

Onmund doesn't seem to be coping with fatherhood very well either. His M.O. seems to be to stay as far away from them as possible, even if that means standing outside all night, staring at the beehive.

*reads all of the posts above and realizes how much nicer everyone else is* :eek:

Khasrin

Fusozayiit
(This should have been posted in the Hearthfire sub-forum) I adopt no-one, they all have the same face and it creeps me out.

THIS. And they're all the same age. Not sure if any of you are Doctor Who fans, but this puts me in mind of a (10th Doctor) episode called "Forest of the Dead", where Donna is watching the kids on the playground and realizes they're all identical to hers... o_O

Wildroses

can you adopt more than 2 kids when you have more than 1 house?

Nope. You are stuck with two in the one house. Even if you install the mod which lets you adopt more than two they all have to live in the same house because of the way Bethesda designed the adoption mechanism.

Prior to finding the multiple adoptions mod it was always Sofie and Lucia as they didn't get as much food and shelter as Blaise and Alesan. But Blaise and Alesan's life of slavery really bugged me, until I got the mod. Now I always adopt those four because I am a big softie. Adopt ALL the street kids!

Stiffstaff

PS3 Albert-W-anker
I adopt something 2 be very annoying 2 me and it asks me money,
Btw if im a vampire can i suck on my kids when they sleep?
Im on ps3 and ve the legendary ed

Kaelbu

I adopted Blaise and Sofie.

Blaise's parents were in the Legion and killed in battle. Sofie's parents were with the Stormcloaks and killed in battle. I thought that was neat; kind of ironic.
Also, my character is a Breton, and I married a Nord, so I wanted one Breton child (Blaise) and one Nord (Sofie).

Benthos

Proud Mer
Since you're restricted to certain amount of adoptions, with me, it's first come-first served. As much as I hate seeing kids homeless, it's how the world is in every country and as sad as it is, we can only do so much. In the game, I find I start kicking myself after adopting a couple of kids when I find others in worse condition, I can't just pass up a kid in need, it's hard!

heyz0mbiez

I adopted Sissel (after I killed off her abusive drunkard of a father).

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

DestroyerDevourMaster

"Zu'u Alduin. Zok sahrot do naan ko Lein!"

I have to agree with this.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Lucia and Blaise, for no deeper reasons than they were the first two unfortunate children that I encountered. I didn't adopt them on the spot of course, twas still early in the game. But I remembered, and when I had the means, I sought them out.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts