Whiterun guards keep attacking me

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
So I killed heimskr, like I do on every new game I start and the whiterun guards keep trying to kill me. I used the I'm a thane option, but their still trying to kill me. This has never happened before, how do I fix the problem or is it a bug that can't be fixed?

General Charles Xander

General of the 11th Imperial Legion
So I killed heimskr, like I do on every new game I start and the whiterun guards keep trying to kill me. I used the I'm a thane option, but their still trying to kill me. This has never happened before, how do I fix the problem or is it a bug that can't be fixed?
This worked for me when Papa Battle-Born wouldn't stop attacking me.

Use a calm spell high enough to affect all the guards or guard attacking you, make sure they are all affected by the spell, then fast travel to the College Of Winterhold and wait 48 hours. Then go back. They should either not attack you, or their arrest dialogue will correct itself.

Hope this helped! ;)

♡Queen♡

If above doesn't work try stealing something in plain sight (like a potato from the market) and see if that triggers the guards usual arrest dialogue.

Cordelia

Global Moderator
Staff member
This usually happens if someone sees you commit a violent crime, like attacking someone unprovoked, or killing them. If you leave the Hold with the bounty (there should be a bounty on you) and come back after a while (probably 48 hours) they shouldn't be violent toward you anymore.

If you have a save from before killing Heimskr, you could reload from there and be fine.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I suspect in this playthrough that 'Ol Hemi has a grandson in the Whiterun guard. I also suspect that he is well liked amongst many of the guard because he used to bring them home baked Sweetrolls and spiced wine from time to time, you know, when his Talos preaching allowed for it. That's what I suspect.

You're screwed.

:p

Snake Tortoise

Here's For Your Trouble
You could join the Stormcloaks, take Whiterun and replace all of the guards. When I first played the game I had to do that in Markarth

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
They're attacking you for killing Hiemskr? Really? I'm sorry.

Personally, I would have thought they'd give you a parade. FINALLY! It's quiet!

That's why I always sneak in to his house at night and feed him poison.

General Charles Xander

General of the 11th Imperial Legion

I keep the man alive. I feel to sympathetic for him, so I gave him a cabbage. He loves that cabbage. He talks to it everyday.......now I feel sympathetic for the cabbage......Sh&$.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?

I keep the man alive. I feel to sympathetic for him, so I gave him a cabbage. He loves that cabbage. He talks to it everyday.......now I feel sympathetic for the cabbage......Sh&$.
Oh Wilson... Oh Wilson... Oh Wilson...

Suddenly I have an urge for coleslaw. Is that wrong?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts