• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I am collecting al the Daedric artifacts, and the only one left is Mephala's Ebony Blade. But I have hit a roadblock. Hulda simply will not tell me any rumors about the Jarl's children. She talks about the Face Changer, the Gildergreen, the kid in Windhelm etc. etc., over and over; but never a word about the kid. I must have returned to the inn 50+ times, so it is getting a bit annoying. I am on XBOx, so cannot use console commands. Is there any other way of getting this quest to start?

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
Staff member
I have encountered this problem frequently, and haven’t necessarily found a “good” fix. However, I would try to talk to the Jarl’s son directly, and see if that initiates the quest. It’s also important to keep in mind that if you have done the civil war quests and allied with the Stormcloaks, they will all be in the Blue Palace; but I’m not sure if that makes a difference.

Wish you the best! :D

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts