• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Prisioner

Daedric Mace (Legendary) vs Mace of Molag Bal (Max Update Available)?

I have lvl 100 Smithing plus all necessary perks for both weapons and a few Fortify Potions; which of these has the highest base damage? Currently my Mace of Molag Bal has a base damage of 57 without any upgrades.. Also, can I disenchant my Mace of Molag Bal and re-enchant it with different enchantments?

vincent

SC2: DudeMan 346
Daedric Mace is better.

A5ko

Dual-Wielding Dragon Destroyer
A simple mathimatical equation is available to answer this question.

Crafted Gear > Jesus.

Barryl85

Daedric Mace (Legendary) vs Mace of Molag Bal (Max Update Available)?

I have lvl 100 Smithing plus all necessary perks for both weapons and a few Fortify Potions; which of these has the highest base damage? Currently my Mace of Molag Bal has a base damage of 57 without any upgrades.. Also, can I disenchant my Mace of Molag Bal and re-enchant it with different enchantments?

I have the Molag Bal mace too its awesome, to answer your second question = No

When you disenchant anything its destroyed so you couldnt re-enchant it.

Doomy

Unenchanted Daedric (any weapon, but I think Duel 1 Handed Swords might be best) Crafted at 150% and the Shout that speeds up your attacks at level 3 is the most devastating attack I can think of. Nothing lasts longer than 2 or 3 seconds, even final boss

newbie001

Daedric and Ebony actually have the same stats for mace. I use Daedric swords though with dual enchantments. Usually a fire/electric combo. If you have full armorer and alchemist gear, the stats on them are pretty high. On my mace I do a +32 fire damage and a 2 second soul trap.

There is nothing better than crafted gear because you can suit it exactly to your game style. My only issue is that just training in alchemy, enchanting, and smithing you get your level up too quick. I hate being level 20+ and never killed anything yet. I prefer to get my levels by actually killing and hunting.

Swordsmansmith

Daedric weapons are always better especially if you have the smithing/enchanting skills to improve them. I have 2 daedric daggers (legendary ) with absorb health they do 43 damage each.

zane2453

The Bill Gates of Skyrim
Daedric sword isnt the most powerful, the daedric warhammer is.. but the sword is the most effective imo

Garrison

Legendary daedric sword is 117 base, before any enchantments. I need to enchant a new pair as mine were done with Soul Trap specifically for soul hunting. Now that the armor is enchanted, i'm looking forward to making new swords with damage modifiers.

SussMofo

Legendary daedric sword is 117 base, before any enchantments. I need to enchant a new pair as mine were done with Soul Trap specifically for soul hunting. Now that the armor is enchanted, i'm looking forward to making new swords with damage modifiers.

can i ask, the 117 base damage, is that with alchemy involved? because im 100 smith 100 enchant and im slowly levelling my alchemy, but my daedric mace is 75 damage (legendary with +33 fire damage and +27 health absorb)

i find the whole creating potions, then creating apparrell, then smithing new gear really confusing... :sadface:

Garrison

can i ask, the 117 base damage, is that with alchemy involved? because im 100 smith 100 enchant and im slowly levelling my alchemy, but my daedric mace is 75 damage (legendary with +33 fire damage and +27 health absorb)

i find the whole creating potions, then creating apparrell, then smithing new gear really confusing... :sadface:

No alchemy; I never paid much attention to those tutorials. I do have one-handed damage modifiers on some jewellery; I didn't think that was factored in when displaying damage to the weapon. I also do have all the perks in both enchanting and smithing, as well as most in one handed, so they may contribute as well.

SussMofo

could i ask you to tell me what those enchantments on your jewellery are? i think i am lacking the "knowledge" of those, so atleast ill know what to search for, so my weapons can be as strong as yours! :p

i have all the neccessary one handed perks giving extra damage, maybe im lacking some enchanting perks too...

appreciate your help and advise, this community friggin rocks! we are all skyrim nerds at heart! lol

Garrison

could i ask you to tell me what those enchantments on your jewellery are? i think i am lacking the "knowledge" of those, so atleast ill know what to search for, so my weapons can be as strong as yours! :p

i have all the neccessary one handed perks giving extra damage, maybe im lacking some enchanting perks too...

appreciate your help and advise, this community friggin rocks! we are all skyrim nerds at heart! lol

Sure, I'll see if I can figure out the breakdown of the 117.

Garrison

Sure, I'll see if I can figure out the breakdown of the 117.

Well... as per http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Weapons, damage is calculated as follows:

displayed damage = (base damage + smithing increase) * (1 + 0.5 * skill/100) * (1 + perk effects) * (1 + item effects)
Perk Effects = .2 * Barbarian or Armsman

However, I can't quite seem to get the math to work. My assumptions are:

Base damage = 14 (based on the same link above)
Smithing increase = 10 (based on modifier of +10, per UESPWiki for 100 Smithing)
Skill = 95 (ok, I know I got this one right, lol)
Perk Effects = 1 (Armsman of 5)
Item Effects = +40% and +26% on two different items.

So... (14+10) * (1.5*(95/100)) * (1+1) * (1+0.66) = 114.

godinabox

Anything is the best wep because skyrim has the most retarded broken crafting system (and im not even talking about the glitching way). Any wep u make with maxed smithing and an enchanted smithing set will make the hardest difficulty the easiest boring plops ever. I went 2hand which is not even close to as op as dual wield (whoever said swords with the speed perk has it nailed) and I 1 shot everything in game with no power attacks. Bosses need 3 power attacks to die. Just play get in the roleplaying of skyrim not the theorycrafting or power gaming cuz its fluffed stupid and brokenly easy.
edit- and I think ur theory craft above me is wrong cuz all i know is my glass 2hander (ya i went light armor smithing what?!?) I made with smithing gear and 1 smithing pot I bought from vendor (if u do alchamy ur trying to break the game) does 330 damage after 2hander perks

1 more thing how fluffing stupid is it that the best perks in this whole game are crafting mechanics?!?!?!

Panthera

Don Gato

LoL I still don't get it, so I'll do it my way. :D

Panthera

Don Gato
like everyone said daedric weapons are the most powerful... although I don't like their apperance exept for bow and mybe dagger is ok. It looks kinda plastic, too modern like...

Barryl85

Anything is the best wep because skyrim has the most retarded broken crafting system (and im not even talking about the glitching way). Any wep u make with maxed smithing and an enchanted smithing set will make the hardest difficulty the easiest boring pl*** ever. I went 2hand which is not even close to as op as dual wield (whoever said swords with the speed perk has it nailed) and I 1 shot everything in game with no power attacks. Bosses need 3 power attacks to die. Just play get in the roleplaying of skyrim not the theorycrafting or power gaming cuz its fluffed stupid and brokenly easy.
edit- and I think ur theory craft above me is wrong cuz all i know is my glass 2hander (ya i went light armor smithing what?!?) I made with smithing gear and 1 smithing pot I bought from vendor (if u do alchamy ur trying to break the game) does 330 damage after 2hander perks

1 more thing how f***ing stupid is it that the best perks in this whole game are crafting mechanics?!?!?!

I agree with a lot of what you say but you need to calm down dude !

I think compared to oblivion this game is easy, I dont even know how to select difficulty on console or even if you can? I've just been playing at the difficulty that was automatically selected.

Because I know how easy the game is with enchantments and smithing I am completely avoiding them (besides recharging weapons is increasing my alchemy) and levelling everything else up.

I have the dawnbreaker sword and mace of molag bal and I switch between them while using a dragon priest staff of fire that creates a wall of fire with 50 damage in the other. Its bad ass.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts