• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Urzek

Right now i have the Ebony shield of imminent blocking (block 35% more). I'm just thinking to replace my current shield with Auriel's shield. I love to shield bash, i don't know if it's worth it to replace my defensive shield for an offensive one.

Twiffle

one word, , , , Peryite, , , nuff said

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
For aesthetic reasons, I really like the look of the Dragonplate Shield.​
200px-DragonplateShield.png
It's got that battlemage shield vibe going for it, as well as a shield model that I think would look best for the Bonemold Armor that is to come with the Dragonborn DLC. There's also the Targe of the Blooded for offensive purposes. It's effect being similar to the War-Axe perks makes it ideal for buying time while at the same time dealing damage. Plus, I like how simple it looks compared to other shields. The best defensive shield in my opinion would be the Shield of Solitude you get from completing both Potema quests, especially at level 40+ where it has 30% magic resistance and 35% fortified blocking. I tried Auriel's Shield myself and had to wait until it chimed three times when blocking for its effect to kick in. It's only as useful as how capable you are of surviving oncoming attacks from a particular hostile NPC.

KritikalPT

Well, there are a few good shields out there that you might want to check out:

Spellbreaker - creates a ward that protects against spells, up to a limit;

Targe of the Blooded - it causes a light bleed effect when shield bashing;

Shield of Ysgramor - one of my favorite shields; it increases your magic resist by 20%, and it stacks nicely with the perk Elemental Protection, and it increases health;

Shield of Solitude - even better than the Shield of Ysgramor; increases magic resist by 30% and blocks 35% more damage

Later on, once you can enchant an item with 2 enchantments, you could make your shield block more damage and increase magic resist. In my mind, that's pretty much the best enchantments you can add to them, plus the fact that you get Elemental Protection and, of course, Shield Charge.

Urzek

Thanks for the suggestions guys. My problem with the solitude shield is its width or size. Can't block that many attacks with it because of its small size.

The problem with enchanting is, i don't have any enchanting perks. This is my RP character and decided not to put any points on the enchantment tree. All part of my armors have no enchantments. The only time i get enchantments are getting equipment from other NPCs.

But i would like to try the Targe of the Blooded shield. Thanks guys.

I usually dual wield for RP purposes, but on one of my first characters I used a shield called "Targe of the Blooded" that was pretty fun. Does 3-5 damage for a few seconds while bashing if I remember right.

KritikalPT

Thanks for the suggestions guys. My problem with the solitude shield is its width or size. Can't block that many attacks with it because of its small size.

The problem with enchanting is, i don't have any enchanting perks. This is my RP character and decided not to put any points on the enchantment tree. All part of my armors have no enchantments. The only time i get enchantments are getting equipment from other NPCs.

But i would like to try the Targe of the Blooded shield. Thanks guys.

As far as I know, shield size doesn't matter at all, they all have the same defense radius; it's just a matter if the archers shoot dead center, high or low, however, I could be wrong in that aspect.

Since you don't use enchanting, you might as well use the Shield of Ysgramor or Shield of Solitude, they're pretty much the best vanilla shields in the game.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
Targe of the Blooded is my favorite shield. I mean, it has giant spikes sticking out of it, how can you not love it?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts