Which plot of land is best for a family??

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Saozig

Hippy
I'm assuming you mean Hearthfire houses? It seems the kids like Lakeview Manor the best but it is the one attacked the most in my games (kids are unkillable, so hey).

If regular non-Hearthfire houses, I've only had kids move into Honeyside. They never left the house (I was hoping t se them running around Riften or at least in that garden I paid for), and Blaise complained the guards yelled at him and wouldn't let him swim in the canal. It got so annoying I wish I could have throw him into the canal myself.

I've seen comments from other player that kids like Breezehome and Proudspire, although in Whiterun Braith might pick on them. I hven't read anyone saying they had kids move into Hjerim or Vindral Hall.

XHardcoreX

Nord Warrior
I'm assuming you mean Hearthfire houses? It seems the kids like Lakeview Manor the best but it is the one attacked the most in my games (kids are unkillable, so hey).

If regular non-Hearthfire houses, I've only had kids move into Honeyside. They never left the house (I was hoping t se them running around Riften or at least in that garden I paid for), and Blaise complained the guards yelled at him and wouldn't let him swim in the canal. It got so annoying I wish I could have throw him into the canal myself.

I've seen comments from other player that kids like Breezehome and Proudspire, although in Whiterun Braith might pick on them. I hven't read anyone saying they had kids move into Hjerim or Vindral Hall.
Yeah houses in hearthfire, so would you recommend lakeview? Or another one?

MrDSL

I'm sure I got the name wrong but I would suggest Windstad Manor..

Great view and I think its a bit safer for the family..Hell in the back of Lakeview there is a conjuror thats pretty close and he doesnt look kid friendly.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
For a family I go for Solitude since they can run around with other kids and not have to worry about attacks.

Hearthfire houses I suppose Lakeview because they like it the most.

Willow

-Winstad Manor (closest to Morthal) has a nice view of Solitude, but every time I fast-travel there I get attacked by wolves, draugr, or bandits (could be just me though). I'm also not a fan of the swampy area, kinda creeps me out (doesn't seem very kid friendly to me, but just my opinion)

-Heljarchen Hall (closest to Dawnstar) has a really pretty snowy scenery and is close to a small farm so it doesn't feel like you're out in the sticks as much.

-Lakeview Manor (closest to Falkreath) is my personal favorite (it's my main house and where my family lives). I rarely get attacks there, sometimes dragons but not often. The scenery is the nicest, and there's a lot of trees that the kids play under. I would definitely recommend it

MadHatter

Guy with a cool hat.

I had kids in Hjerim. One comment that sticks out was one of them talking about the argonians at the docks being able to breathe underwater and wishing she could do the same.

Saozig

Hippy
I had kids in Hjerim. One comment that sticks out was one of them talking about the argonians at the docks being able to breathe underwater and wishing she could do the same.

That's actually kind of cool.

As for the Hearthfire houses, the Wiki says the kids complain about the swmp being scary at Windstad and it being too cold at Heljarchen. I know that at lakeview they run around outside, play by the stables and bring home animals that they ask to keep. Blaise brought home a baby mudcrab. At first I didn't like it but "Fluffy' grew on me. It was pretty cute how it slept next to Blaise's bed at night.

My favorite house--kids aside--is Windstad. Great view of Solitude, especially if you build a tower or patio wing. I ike the fishery. I like that the horkers respawn near by (one of my fav dishes to make of horker stew). And it's the most remote of the three. But I like that.

Heljarchen is in an odd place. I ended up using it as a waystation when I was heading back to Whiterun or Lakeview, and not really used it as a place of residence. The scenery is pretty boring too. And I had virtually no use for the stone mill. I liked the way the outdoor smithing area was set up through, although a little ways from the house. And I like the housecarl you get with it--Gregor. He's cool, although he really wanders when he patrols the estate. Sometimes I would freak out thinking he got killed and then I would spot him strolling through the grass halfway between the house and the Lorieus' farm.

Heljarchen is pretty close t one of the entrances to Blackreach so if you love going down there, it's a good location for that.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
If you play on a PC, Nexus has a mod that assigns three armed guards who walk the grounds of your property at Lakeview, giving you the best house AND home security!

My livestock remain unscathed even after a week on "the road."

Zyphur

I like Lakeview Manor it's in the prettiest area, I mean the other two are cold and barren wtf. I don't really care if it gets attacked because I have a mage stewardess, a housecarl, and two horses to back me up, lol. Plus the chickens respawn if they die.

The house in Solitude is my favorite one that's in a city.

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
Meeko's shack, Enviromentally safe, Kids can learn to fight by killing mubcrabs across the river, they can learn to swim in the swamp, Perfect guard dog.

Rinn

Sweetroll Kleptomaniac
Hell in the back of Lakeview there is a conjuror thats pretty close and he doesnt look kid friendly.

Kill him and the problem is solved. He was acting as a dick to me and told ME to go away. By the Nine, I built my house there and there is no way that someone else is telling me to get off my land. I was going to tell him who is in charge here, but he became all agressive and there was no other option but killing him. He didn't respawn or anything weeks after I took care of him, so that day was a good day.

But yeah, Lakeview Manor has a high chance of getting attacked by Giants, bandits or other baddies, so if you have children, it's not that safe around Lakeview Manor.

Wildroses

I am the only person on the internet who finds Lakeview Manor a quiet place to live. Spouses hate it there (if the option 'How are the kids?' appears, which it never has for me), but kids love it because the lake is so pretty. Kids don't like living in the other two places though. I move them to Winstad Manor and they get unhappy, complaining that this place is scary and their conviction a monster lives in the swamp. And if I move them to Heljarchen, they complain it is too cold to play outside. Spouses are happier in both those places though.

Ritterkreuz

So far I've only built Lakeview, but my wife Lydia and child Sofie both love it. Every time I ask they talk about how awesome it is and how the fresh air seems to be doing everyone some good.

Wildroses

It appears some spouses don't hate Lakeview Manor. I've seen a lot of posts complaining that about spouses demanding to know what you were thinking moving to such a dangerous place, normally followed by some ranting against Bethesda.

Zyphur

It does seem kinda creepy now that you mention it, a group of bandits can just come in while everyone's asleep and *slash* you're all dead. x.x

Rhubarb&Custard

I've had mine moved there, they comment on climbing all the way to the Temple of Dibella, but not being let in. Also about how one of the neighbourhood kids has a dog, and how they want a dog. I bought them a dog, but it didn't stay at home, there's 500 wasted septims for ya. Darn ungrateful kids. :mad:

Irish

Thane of Solitude
Of all the places I've lived with a family, Hearthfire plots included, I'm pretty partial to Proudspire Manor. I actually enjoy going to Solitude and seeing Samuel and Lucia running around with other kids (I know they do in Whiterun, but Breezehome's too cramped for my taste) and having fun. Plus I don't have to worry about my housecarls and husband getting axed by bandits, etc. I suppose if I had to choose a Hearthfire plot, Lakeview Manor would be the one I'd go for - best scenery, in my opinion. Even if there is a view of creepy Bleak Falls Barrow on the horizon. ;)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts