Which is better for conjuring? atronachs or dead thralls(zombies)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Archer

I have dremora lords. I'm going for the twin souls perk so I can have two at a time, I'm just not sure which tree to go up. The one that focuses on dead thralls, or atronachs?

ShadowGambit

First it depends on your style of play.

Zombies are for Necromancer... Dark/Bad.

Atronach are more for traditional conjuror ... Good.

Now, zombies has a default: YOU NEED A CORPSE to make a zombie. And when the spell last, the corpse turns to ashes so cannot be raised again.

But it also has qualities: with Dead Thrall, you can choose WHATEVER NPC to be your dead Thrall, with his own set of skills. Atronach set of skills are pretty basic. Also, Dead Thrall don't turn to ashes so can be raised over and over again. So level 40 dead Thrall are usually stronger than the Atronach you can cast, but more specialized.

I would say that At the beginning of the game, Atronach are better. At the end game, Zombies like are better. But if you want to go that way, you will have to go and invest perks in BOTH branches of the tree.

Note: if you want a necromancer follower, Eola is great... if you get over her bad habit.

sahqonsah

I went the atronach side of the perk tree because I was playing a full mage and I wanted something more reliable, with the dead you have. To actually kill someone before you can resurrect them and I personally find it tedious trying to cast a spell at a corpse whilst in combat, atronachs come out immediately and they benifit a great deal from the elemental potency perk, but yes 2 dead thralls are very powerful, but I think two dremora are better. So in my opinion atronachs first, then dremora.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
Well It matters on what you need, if you need a strong fire/frost/shock then I say Atronachs since they are best at this and when enemies come near to an atronach, they have an elemental cloak which deals fire/frost/shock damage, and in close combat they deal elemental damage

BUT

Zombies can vary since it matters on which zombie you resurect. You resurect a farmer, then you're gunna have a bad time. And they turn to ashes when dead. Dead Thrall does not turn the dead to ashes and it can be used on higher opponents and is permanent

Atronachs when die, explode in their elemental damage, so the person who killed em gets a taste of death. But be careful not to be too close to them because they can damage you too!

I prefer both dead thrall and atronachs since both are good but atronachs are much easier to cast

Xerkos333

Lol i only use Dremoras. 3 times tougher and dont blow up in your face on death or block door ways as badly as the larger Atronachs do. Also, you dont need a dead body to summor a Dermora. If you come up against ranged opponents then use the Storm Atronach. Only summon undead if you wanna feel like a necromancer or to stop others from bring the dead back to annoy you.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts