• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

reddeadfriend

freelance assassin
i was just wondering which dlc was the best to get, most fun, alot of stuff to get, new weapons/armor, story, ect..

Now i do have Dragonborn and i like it alot, ( except for the dragon flying <.<) so should i get dawnguard? is it worth the money? and should i get hearthfire? or should i wait for the supossed new dlc "Redguard"?

Falmer19

I would sit and wait because neither Dawnguard or Hearthfire are super necessary to buy. If "Redguard" never comes out, just buy Dawnguard, it has a pretty awesome story line.

Smarty

Dawnguard is worth getting, particularly for the aetherium artifacts. It also has nice repeatable quests.

If you're on pc I wouldn't get heartfire, there mods out there that does what heartfire does and even much more.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
Dragonborn is definitely the best, I'd say get both, Dawnguard has some nice quests and items and Hearthfire is great if you like to roleplay characters.

reddeadfriend

freelance assassin
ok i heard that some pepole think that dawngaurd wasnt that good of a bang for its buck

Rand Althor

Legionnaire
ok i heard that some pepole think that dawngaurd wasnt that good of a bang for its buck

I agree. Although I think Dawngaurd is the better dlc over all, you get much more for your money in Dragonborn.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
I agree^ Dragonborn adds a lot of stuff to the game, a large new island, new followers, a new home, new weapons, spells, a respec ability etc it's definitely worth the money. Whilst dawnguard offers a lot less for a similar price, I still think dawnguard is worth it, it's just that dragonborn is very cheap for all the content thats added. Some of the dawnguard quests and new areas were my favourite in the game.
I think all the content is worth it though for the amount you get out of the game compared to lot's of other games which are $60 for a few hours worth of content and 1 playthrough.

reddeadfriend

freelance assassin
so do you get no place to stay in dawnguard? like a home or something?

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
so do you get no place to stay in dawnguard? like a home or something?
SPOILER
If you side with vampires you get to be leader of volkihar castle and get your own quarters, if you side with the dawnguard you become a member but not leader and get your own room too.

reddeadfriend

freelance assassin
do you get any maniquens, display cases, alchemy table, enchanting tables, weapon mounts with those roooms?

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
I'd say Dragonborn. It has a whole new features , items , house , dungeons and a great but short storyline. Also Stalhrim looks awesome :D. Oh and , plenty o' quests too.

I don't know much about Dawnguard but just that , if you ever buy it , join the Dawnguard as after doing their quests (not all as some are radiant) , you can still become a Vampire Lord.

Hearthfire for the more family guy , plus greenhouses and gardens for you homes and I dunno if this is true , but you might also turn Meeko's shack into a house.

Panthera

Don Gato
SPOILER
If you side with vampires you get to be leader of volkihar castle and get your own quarters, if you side with the dawnguard you become a member but not leader and get your own room too.
Finally one faction that you don't become a leader of it... I wish for possibilety for not becoming a leader of each faction you join.

Snoball

23rd President of the United States of America
Finally one faction that you don't become a leader of it... I wish for possibilety for not becoming a leader of each faction you join.

Amen. That got really REALLY annoying. The previous leader is almost doomed to die.

Companions: Kodlak (dies)
College of Winterhold: Savos Aren (dies)
Thieve's Guild: Mercer Frey (dies)
Dark Brotherhood: Astrid (dies)
Volkihar Clan: Harkon (dies)

Knowing this, I'd never choose to be the leader of a guild :eek:

Darth Brogan

Sith Lord
Yeah, like when I first joined the College, I thought, all right, I'm gonna get to take some classes and learn some magic! My disappointment was massive when I discovered otherwise, only to turn out as the leader. Another thing that sucks about being the leader is that nothing really changes. Maybe people will call you something else or you'll have a nice room, but it means nothing to be the leader. I want to at least lead!

Panthera

Don Gato
Amen. That got really REALLY annoying. The previous leader is almost doomed to die.

Companions: Kodlak (dies)
College of Winterhold: Savos Aren (dies)
Thieve's Guild: Mercer Frey (dies)
Dark Brotherhood: Astrid (dies)
Volkihar Clan: Harkon (dies)

Knowing this, I'd never choose to be the leader of a guild :eek:
Yeah, like when I first joined the College, I thought, all right, I'm gonna get to take some classes and learn some magic! My disappointment was massive when I discovered otherwise, only to turn out as the leader. Another thing that sucks about being the leader is that nothing really changes. Maybe people will call you something else or you'll have a nice room, but it means nothing to be the leader. I want to at least lead!
You barley join some guild and after some quests you became leader of the guild... while there are others who actually have certain skills which are needed and they are longer there then you are in the guild. For example mages guild: I barley use magic, and all quest were done assassin style... after I've done all of quests I become mages guild leader... with no skill in magic.

I just wish leadership would be optional... depended of certain choices of responses or actions in missions.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts