Which Daedric Princes does the Forsworn worship?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Clau

The Fateless One
I was wondering on which Daedric Princes does the Forsworn worship? I tried reading the various TES and Skyrim wikis but all I can find are slight confirmation yet no specific Princes that they (Forsworn) worship Daedra. (Or have I missed something?)

In the game I got a phrase from an NPC "Daedra worshiping savages..."

Anyone got info? It's for RP purposes.

Clau

The Fateless One
Thanks for the response.

I read that the Forsworn revere Hagravens that are specifically described as "Conjoining of woman and bird". Could it be that Hircine (Father of Man-Beasts) is connected with them?

Clau

The Fateless One
Thanks for mentioning Namira. That got me thinking about more RP / story elements. :)

TheHaydz242

I'd hate to see how Hagravens where conceived..

Clau

The Fateless One
While I'm interested on knowing the "ceremony" on how a hag becomes a hagraven. I remember the quest Repentance where Illia's mother needs a sacrifice to become a hagraven.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
It wouldn't surprise me if they worship Namira but Hircine can be another Daedric lord that they worship. Can you imagine them turning into werewolves in order to retake back the reach? that would be something else.

You see some Breton citizens of Markarth are at Namira's coven; the war dog vendor and meat salesman. While not explicitly Forsworn they may be following their tradition. So Namira and possibly Hircine (IDK if he is behind Hagravens), both are pretty good as they both represent the perversion of nature that Hagravens cause. The statement may just mean that they worship the Daedra in general, giving you a lot of options. For a light armor character the armor of the old gods is an obvious choice.

If you want a heavy armor / two hand character I just assembled a black knight type with ebony armor with the ebony mail, wielding the ebony blade. She is also a werewolf with the ring of Hircine and the ring of Namira. The aestethic matches very well; the shadows on the ebony mail are virtually the same as the werewolf transformation ones. This does make more of a shadow warrior than a forsworn combatant.

I'm curious, what is your character going to be? Please post your character card when you have it :)

Clau

The Fateless One
You see some Breton citizens of Markarth at Namira's coven, the war dog sells and meat salesman. While not explicitly Forsworn they may be following their tradition. So Namira and possibly Hircine (IDK if he is behind Hagravens), both are pretty good as they both represent the perversion of nature that Hagravens cause. The statement may just mean that they worship the Daedra in general, giving you a lot of options. For a light armor character the armor of the old gods is an obvious choice.

If you want a heavy armor / two hand character I just assembled a black knight type with ebony armor with the ebony mail, wielding the ebony blade. She is also a werewolf with the ring of Hircine and the ring of Namira. The aestethic matches very well; the shadows on the ebony mail are virtually the same as the werewolf transformation ones. This does make more of a shadow warrior than a forsworn combatant.

I'm curious, what is your character going to be? Please post your character card when you have it :)

That is interesting. Namira's coven could possibly be natives of the Reach and are possibly descendant and thus related to the Forsworn in that realm. Not that I'm labeling Forsworn as cannibals, but the could have brethrens out there that are twisted and worship Namira.

While I think Hagravens do eat people and is somewhat a slight case of cannibalism that represents one of Namira's worshippers. I remember the Hagraven Petra referring to me as meat and nibble. Being that Hagravens are former people who transformed, Maybe cannibalism is a prequel or requisite to being transformed into a hagraven over time and via worship.

Indeed, I plan on getting Armor of the old gods. I plan on making a semi mystic rogue for my Forsworn experiment.

Light Armored
1 Armsman
Archery
Fire Destruction magic
Necromancy via conjuration

I am still thinking of a backstory though.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
That sounds fun, sorry for the horrible grammar in my post :eek: bad moment, lol.

Clau

The Fateless One
NP. Thanks for sharing your views. :)

AS88

Staff member
Obviously Aedra not Daedra, but a lot of the forsworn have shrines to Dibella, with twisted forms of worship like sacrifice evident around the shrine. They capture the Sybil, too

Clau

The Fateless One
I thought they defiled those Dibellan shrine instead? Plus the game's scripts had me believe that they worshiped Daedra.

Though I find your views rather interesting and a fresh twist wherein twisted worship from madmen of the reach.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Obviously Aedra not Daedra, but a lot of the forsworn have shrines to Dibella, with twisted forms of worship like sacrifice evident around the shrine. They capture the Sybil, too

Yeah, that's very true, I suppose that they still revere that divine to some extent.

Clau

The Fateless One
So I have been wrong all this time? :D

I'll kill that NPC who said Daedra worshipping savages. :D

Haru17

Lost Falmer
So I have been wrong all this time? :D

I'll kill that NPC who said Daedra worshipping savages. :D

No, no, while he is obviously bias he's still probably correct to some extent (Edit: the guard, I mean). Hagravens certainly didn't come from Kynareth. The "old gods" seem to be some form of paeanistic belief system. They hold this primarily, with their Daedra worship factoring in at some point.

Clau

The Fateless One
No, no, while he is obviously bias he's still probably correct to some extent (Edit: the guard, I mean). Hagravens certainly didn't come from Kynareth. The "old gods" seem to be some form of paeanistic belief system. They hold this primarily, with their Daedra worship factoring in at some point.

To me this deepens the mystery. I'll try to delve in some in-game books and the internet. I really am interested in the in-game lores.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
I'm pretty sure they have their own pantheon of gods, many of which are lesser daedra. They also worship some daedra and aedra, or at least believe in them, but mainly they worship their gods.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
This is what I picked up:

The Forsworn actual worship the same Eight Old Divines (Akatosh, Arkay, Dibella, Julianos, Kynareth, Mara, Stendarr, and Zenithar) as the rest of Tamriel, just under different names. If you look at the Lore the Divines are under many different names and all races worship them to some extent, besides the Dunmer who are true Daedra worshipers, and the Forsworn may even simply worship the Animal analogs of the Eight rather than then by their more traditional names. I have seen actual evidence of Daedra worship by the Forsworn and so I discard that NPC comment is pure rumor. Similar to how the Christian faiths used to call the Native American and African Tribes demon worshipers early on.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
There is no overt physical evidence of Daedra worship by the Forsworn. While it's true that at least one NPC in Markarth states that they worship Daedra there is a tendency among Nords to vilify the Reachmen so the statement has to be taken with a grain of salt. The Imperial Scholar Arrianus Arius, in his book The "Madmen' of the Reach: A Cultural Treatis on the Foresworn is dismissive of Imperial and Nord writings describing the Forsworn as "...worshipping old, heretical gods...", regarding them as "victor's essays".

We know that the native Reachmen had their own distinct culture and worshipped their own pantheon, but in as much as the pantheons from one culture to another in Tamriel seem to simply be constituted of different aspects of the same gods there's nothing particularly compelling to make one believe worship of Daedra is any more common among the Forsworn than it is among the other cultures in Tamriel.

We do know that the Forsworn associate with Hagravens, who are dark magic users, and that they undergo some form of dark ritual to become Briarhearts, but there is nothing in the game that associates the dark magic with any specific Daedra or Daedra in general.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts