• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Which Build?

• Total voters

Kryptic

With dragonborn hitting PS3 and my chronic re-rolling addiction arising I am starting a NEW build that I plan to take to at least level 50!

I will have a poll but here is a brief rundown on each build:

1. Alteration/Restoration focused Battlemage. I really wanted to play a support type class so this build will rely heavily on a companion that I can buff with Alt/Resto.

2. Illusion Vampire Assassain. Standard Nightblade build will use a lot of invisibility and crowd control spells like frenzy and fear will also be a vampire.

3. 2-handed warhammer wielder (Orc). Standard 2-handed warrior with heavy emphasis on enchantments.

Kryptic

Seems people want the vampire assassain! Anybody played through the other 2 builds?

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
I've played every version of warrior and it's always my preferred build. I look at relying on enchantments as a security blanket. If you want a really fun time, don't enchant anything yourself. It's ok if you find a weapon you want to use with an enchantment, but don't do the smithing perk that allows you to upgrade it. I also institute a policy of not allowing myself to wear armor I find because it probably wouldn't fit.

My point is: two-handed warrior is fun as hell, but if you throw enchanting into the mix it can get pretty over powered.

Kryptic

Could you explain this illusionist beserker build more?

Could you explain this illusionist beserker build more?
I don't know if it's the same idea, but lead with Frenzy, or Mayhem, then wade into the moshpit with everyone fighting everyone, and lay waste. It's truly a blast, but kind of tricky with the transition, and whenever the duration wears off. I prefer 2H, and Cloak Spells personally (Like my Avatar.)

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
I don't know if it's the same idea, but lead with Frenzy, or Mayhem, then wade into the moshpit with everyone fighting everyone, and lay waste. It's truly a blast, but kind of tricky with the transition, and whenever the duration wears off. I prefer 2H, and Cloak Spells personally (Like my Avatar.)
That's one strategy an illusionist berserker could use. Then there's the Fear/Rout Spell to single out targets that you want to eliminate.

That's one strategy an illusionist berserker could use. Then there's the Fear/Rout Spell to single out targets that you want to eliminate.
I generally use Paralysis spells/effects for pretty much the same idea. I don't like Terror effects, because it makes me have to chase them down, especially with a melee type fighting style. By the time you catch up, they've worn off, especially with multiple targets. Battle Cry is useful for a save your bacon button when you get overwhelmed, though. I've used Dismay similarly in the past, but for a primary tactic, I found it unworkable without Range to shoot them from afar. Works fine with a Battlemage, though.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts