Which armor is better?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

OdinTheNord

Blades Armor : 112
or;
Dwarven Armor of Eminent Health: 88 BUT +50 health.

I'm having a hard time deciphering on which to use. Any help or opinions would be gladly appreciated.

Belial666

Depends on several factors;

1) What other armor you're wearing. There are perks that give bonuses if you wear the same armor class (light or heavy) and the same armor type. So if the rest of your armor is dwarven and you got the perks, wearing dwarven armor gives a bonus of something like +50% to every single piece's armor.

2) What your actual health is. If you have 300 health, another 50 is going to be only +16% so you might prefer the higher armor bonus. If you're a mage with only 100 health though, +50 health is a huge bonus.

3) Which armor looks cooler.

OdinTheNord

1. I'm wearing the Blade as of now. But I've been wearing the Blade armor since you decipher the prophecy in Alduins layer with Delphine and Esbern. But for the last 10-12 hours of gameplay I've been wearing Dwarven boots which increase fire resistance 40% and Dwarven gauntlets that give 25% increase to two handed weapons. So it's pretty much 50/50. In your opinion, what should I do?

2. It's 250.

3. Blade XD

Belial666

If you have the "+25% armor if wearing same type" perk then it is definitely better to wear the dwarven armor. Because that perk will increase not only the dwarven armor from armor 88 to armor 110 but also give similar increases to the dwarven boots and the dwarven gauntlets. But that's the easy and quick path.

The harder path is to go to cities that have a blacksmith next to their entrance and buy all the iron and leather they have, use their forge to smith items and then seel them and buy more iron and leather till you train your smithing skill up to 100. (it should take 4 hours of work or so) Then you buy Ebony and craft Ebony armor, boots and gauntlets and then improve it as far as you can.
(I have over 400 total armor at the moment)

Pestilence

Uneducated guesses since 1983
Your armor rating has nothing to do with your hp, it in fact is what is referred to as a damage reduction factor. Here is an algorithm you can use to determine the exact value of the reduction in damage you'll receive. For example, and this is just numbers that are completely made up on the spot: If your armor rating is 400 (total) and your armor reduction is 48%, and an armor rating of 366 gives you a reduction of 44%, then at 250 hp someone that hits for (physical damage only) 50 will hit you 10(9.6) times before you perish; and with 366 armor and 300 hp will hit you 11(10.7) times before you perish. So, armor at higher levels is preferred to increase in hp, but it really depends on your play style, perks, enchantments and skill.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts