• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

MrDSL

It depends on what you want to do with them..

You could get all 3 houses and all wings or the same for all..

The kitchen/library and grow room seem more RP related..

Myself I make all my wings enchant/trophy/armory.

Wildroses

It depends on the playstyle of yourself and your character.

West Wing choices:

Enchanters Tower: If you have a character who enchants a lot or wants to grind enchanting, then this one is a no brainer. You can build an arcane enchanter in the main hall, so don't feel this wing is your only hope of an arcane enchanter in your house.

Bedrooms: Seeing as you can build a double bed and two single beds in the main hall, the only reason I can see for anyone wanting bedrooms is if they want to RP cozy family life, which many people do. In fact, there is a guy working on a multiple adoptions mod which requires the bedroom wing to be built.

Greenhouse: My personal favourite. If you are an alchemist, or like making potions, then this one is the one to go for. You can plant rare plant ingredients or ingredients with rare effects there to make it easier. However, even if you don't build a greenhouse, you can still plant things outside in your garden, so it isn't like not choosing this option means you can't ever grow your own ingredients. It is also, in my opinion, the prettiest wing. Having a room full of flowers and butterflies is nice.

North Wing choices:

Alchemy Tower: Like the Enchanter's Tower, a no brainer if you have a character who does a lot of alchemy or wants to grind alchemy. I always build it for this reason as you get a nice amount of ingredients if you build it. Again, it is possible to build an alchemy lab in the main hall so you don't have to build this wing to do alchemy.

Storage Room: I consider this choice a useless one as I find that with the main hall, basement and whichever choice for the other wings you pick, you are going to have SO MANY containers anyway.

Trophy Room: Fun if you enjoy the appearance of Skyrim monsters, and would enjoy the challenge of hunting and battling a wide variety of Skyrim creatures to gather materials to craft the trophies.

East Wing choices:

Library: A must for those who cannot stop collecting books, and there seems to be a lot of us (thank the nine).

Armory: You can make all the items required for smithing in your basement AND outside your home, but the armory is popular for those who like lots of mannequins and weapon racks to display their armors and weapons. You only get two mannequins (one in the basement) if you don't build the Armory.

Kitchen: The only place in Skyrim which has an oven and lots of new recipes with new effects. Unfortunately, they are pretty useless gameplay wise as it is hard to find lots of butter, and there isn't a huge amount of milk and flour either. But I have to admit the kitchen is my most popular East Wing choice for RP purposes. I like the idea of baking sweetrolls for my kids. Plus it's pretty. The people in my houses are always walking in to eat, cook, sit or warm their hands, which adds nicely to the homey feeling of it all. One time I was using the cooking pot and one of my kids came to sit next to me while warming her hands and talked to me for two minutes, which to me was as awesome as any battle I've been in. Aren't I boring? :p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts