where will the 3rd dlc take place, and what content will be there??

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

MaGiC_MaN95

I've just completed the Dawnguard DLC and have also got hearthfire on the go when i got wondering about the third DLC for skyrim. I was thinking it would allow you to go to somewhere like black marsh or maybe morrowind again, but aswell as going there there would be a few more faction questlines like for instance a war/invasion from the Thalmor or perhaps a better appearance from the snow elves. This is just my opinion and i would love to know what you lot think.:Dragonborn:

brovahkin!

i would love an invasion of the thalmor after the civil war! as my role playing high elf hates the thalmor!

Howarthee

Qa'Darri - The unknown thief
I would love to see something Thalmor related, especially after completing the civil war questline with the Stormcloaks. I would love to kick some Thalmor butt!

TechieGuy

I agree with the Thalmor. Considering the huge role they played between Morrowind and Skyrim, they seem to have been relegated to a minor one in Skyrim. I'm thinking many people would like to battle the Thalmor, at least from what I have read on various forums.

Although traveling to the province of Morrowind would be cool too, especially if we can visit the coast and see the remnants of Vvardenfell.

Gandalf The Boss

Pupil of Nienna. Defender of Middle Earth
There may be a problem with a Thalmor Dlc.
The DLC's Bethesda produce often does not merge itself with the main game.
As in Oblivion there was the Nine Divines and Shivering Isles. And then we have Dawnguard that is also something that you can just start the first thing you do when you get outside Helgen.
Same with Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

And the Thalmor is way to integrated into the main story and other quests to be able to simple become a DLC.

What I have seen atleast when it comes to Bethesda DLC's is that a Thalmor one is very unbelievable.

Belle

Fool of Hearts - Laughter Incarnate
Well with cheat codes you can access Morrowind and Cyrodiil on Skyrim, so maybe it'll take place there?

*hoping*

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
I'd like to have the option to join the Thalmor or fight against them. My vampire Thalmor Sorcerer, after all, is a Thalmor.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
I think it will take place in a post-apocolyptic wasteland far into the future, and be called Fallout 4.

In fact, forget the DLC part!

xFrostey

Everyone has been suggesting a war with the Thalmor but i agree that it seems to be way to big of an event to be a single dlc. Perhaps elder scrolls VI? anyways I do wish they will have more unique weapons and armor. and make it look badass.

I read on another forum on the site where someone suggested a whole new monster/ creature that invades. I would really like the idea of something like this
where you hear rumors of a new found island cursed or something but before you go on it you have to get some type of epic badass armor and weapons just incase. and then the island is infested with some type of ancient undiscovered creature. You then learn they are planning on to invade Skyrim and you must take a premeptive strike upon them. You must in the name of max brooks "Organize before they rise!" Ending with a huge LOTR type style war.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
Everyone has been suggesting a war with the Thalmor but i agree that it seems to be way to big of an event to be a single dlc. Perhaps elder scrolls VI? anyways I do wish they will have more unique weapons and armor. and make it look badass.

I read on another forum on the site where someone suggested a whole new monster/ creature that invades. I would really like the idea of sopmething like this
where you hear rumors of a new found island cursed or something but before you go on it you have to get some type of epic badass armor and weapons just incase. and then the island is infested wiht some type of ancient undiscovered creature and there is a total LOTR style war along with some stealhy missions.

If Bethesda joins the zombie craze I will officially be boycotting them.

Are we certain there will be a 3rd? i dont know how Bethesda works so im asking...
Anyway its like that guy before said, unfortunately DLC's usually don't have anything to do with the main storyline, its usually something you go out there and do it, even if they wanted to make DLC attached to skyrim storyline, the thalmor are more of a bigger faction for it, they'll probably save that for the upcoming elder scroll..
What i really like to see is some changes in the world... like the jarls declaring a moot to elect a new high king, depending on your progress in the game, some new side quests for some of the factions, maybe more people coming to the big cities and living there, to make up for the NPC's that died by dragons or other circumstances, more interactions with some of the already existing NPC's...
Although this is probably not gonna happen, but these are good small stuff to add to the DLC along with the main quests the DLC will have.

xFrostey

I do want to bring up gamejam i think it was? Where bethesda got to do anything they want for a week and so far Dawnguard and Hearthfire have been ideas taken straight from it. I remember people giving their opinins about hearthfire and saying building a house and adoption would never be apart of skyrim but they were way far off on that. The next dlc will also have ideas from gamejam such as spears or seasons?

Gandalf The Boss

Bethesda said before they released Skyrim is that they will be focusing on BIG DLCs like in Fallout NW. Hearthfire was probably not really to be a DLC. What I think is that they already had a plan to get all the stuff from HF into the main game. BUT because of the "11.11.11" nonsense they did not have time to put it in. That also explains a lot of the bugs in the game because they just didn't really finish it.

The question is now if there is something else they missed that they will put into a DLC or if they will focus on new stuff.

rederror

Silent observer
Oh well there is a youtube video of all the stuff they might have added to the game, spears being one of them...
Anywho, it should be real godamn amazing, but I have no clue as to what it will be about. maybe it'll add a bunch of cool stuff.
What I'd like to see (apart from spears) is new spells, like the ones from oblivion, some more race armor, a 'focus' graphics option, monstahs, fish, the ability to fight underwater (cus slashing wildy at the edge of a lake is not an effective way of killing slaughterfish) There's loads of stuff they could potentially add. :D

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
As in Oblivion there was the Nine Divines and Shivering Isles. And then we have Dawnguard that is also something that you can just start the first thing you do when you get outside Helgen.

And the Thalmor is way to integrated into the main story and other quests to be able to simple become a DLC.

What I have seen atleast when it comes to Bethesda DLC's is that a Thalmor one is very unbelievable.

Good points, but you also have to take things into account of expansions like Morrowind" Tribunal. The Tribunal wasn't the main storyline of Morrowind, but they had a huge influence in it, with a good storyline that could be picked up. I could compare that to Skyrim being about "Dragons" before it's about the Civil War.

..and the End of the Civil war leaves the Thalmor story as open as a Drunk Paris Hilton on Saturday night. I recently played both Endings to both Civil war Quest lines and both end with a very heavy " Who's the real Enemy" and "We gotta deal with the Thalmor" feel to them. They both even tend to say "How is Skyrim going to deal with the Dominion" instead of "Hows the Empire/and or Stormcloaks going to deal with the Dominion", so I do think there would be a good idea for a "Thalmor DLC" there.

But with that being said, I have no Idea how they would do it, if just to not do it at all. The point you have said that the characters are Way to intergrated is pretty true. There are so many "This guy is here at this time" and "This guy wasn't here are that time". in everyones game that it's even hard to think about. (Paying the fee's for the High-profile voice actors again would be a problem alone, even if you could get them to do it.)

I do see it being an interested thought though. Maybe the Dragonborn could choose between two factions again. They could choose "Skryim liberation" or "The Thalmor Dominon". I could see that one part work nicely...

Gandalf The Boss

Good points, but you also have to take things into account of expansions like Morrowind" Tribunal. The Tribunal wasn't the main storyline of Morrowind, but they had a huge influence in it, with a good storyline that could be picked up. I could compare that to Skyrim being about "Dragons" before it's about the Civil War.

..and the End of the Civil war leaves the Thalmor story as open as a Drunk Paris Hilton on Saturday night. I recently played both Endings to both Civil war Quest lines and both end with a very heavy " Who's the real Enemy" and "We gotta deal with the Thalmor" feel to them. They both even tend to say "How is Skyrim going to deal with the Dominion" instead of "Hows the Empire/and or Stormcloaks going to deal with the Dominion", so I do think there would be a good idea for a "Thalmor DLC" there.

But with that being said, I have no Idea how they would do it, if just to not do it at all. The point you have said that the characters are Way to intergrated is pretty true. There are so many "This guy is here at this time" and "This guy wasn't here are that time". in everyones game that it's even hard to think about. (Paying the fee's for the High-profile voice actors again would be a problem alone, even if you could get them to do it.)

I do see it being an interested thought though. Maybe the Dragonborn could choose between two factions again. They could choose "Skryim liberation" or "The Thalmor Dominon". I could see that one part work nicely...
Agreed. I don't say that that would be completely awesome!
I am just saying that some people are getting there hopes to high.
I am totally sure that SOMETHING will happen around the Thalmor.
But if its going to just be another DLC.. I do not know.
It would be intressting if they made it an Expansion and not a simple DLC. So you could buy it in a store like SI and KN in Oblivion.

DeclanR93

not necessarily, broken steel from fallout 3 was an expansion of part of the main story of the original story, so it could well be a thalmor expansion! although in broken steel there wasnt much in the way of new land in the dlc so i hope whatever comes next is more along the lines of say shivering isles and point lookout with an added landmass!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts