• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

PauletteDova

Royal Assassin----
I wasted all my ebony ingots on the Ebony Armor and Weapons!
It hasnt been a month yet in skyrim and I unlocked Daedric armor. Got the hearts and everything but now im traveling all across skyrim to find ebony ingots.. I scraped/stole the ore scattered around the Orc Stronghold near Windhelm. Some infront of the door to the mine in the cart. And down the slope by the smelter is a cart with a bucket and another item, in the bucket were ores. :eek:

Barely had enough for a Daedric Greatsword! :Dovahkiin:

It is hard to come by ebony if you are not level 25+. However. after level 20 the only place I have found that sells it, is Solaf (owner of Graypine Goods in Falkreath.) who sells them 1-3 at a time. It's a rare occasion, but if you have dedric smithing at level 20, getting the mats is hard. Also, the Mage (name slips my mind) at the college of winterhold, (woodelf merchant) sells Deadra harts. I hope this helps.

Had or ssuf to blow yourself.

Also, a note on mining ebony. (Or any vein) Cancel your mining animation after you get the first stack. then start up again. It will allow you to mine 3 times instead of 2.

All materials are level dependent, so the answer is, "Any Blacksmith, or general Vendor, if you qualify." It's rare, though, so there will never be all that much. You're usually better off mining, and smelting your own for making large items, like shields, and body armor. Just for an ingot, or two to improve items, you might get enough from vendors.

Saozig

Hippy
In my Bosmer game, after he married his spouse (marcurio) open a "shop" with the dialogue option to buy things from him. He always has 2 Ebony ingots in his inventory for sale, even when my Bosmer was still in the 20-30 range level-wise. Because my Bosmer character is a blacksmith in my RPing, I'd buy them and hoarded them to improve Ebony gear and weapons once he started finding them as loot. Marcurio would always restock them after a couple of days.

So if you char's married and the spouse in running a little shop, check out their shop inventory.

For gold, go to Halted Stream camp. They have a ton of iron ore and a book of Transmute spell that changes iron to silver to gold.

Im currently playing on xbox. You can find them anywhere, personally I like Whiterun because you can buy supplies from 3 different people Adrianne Avenicci(outside Warmaiden's), Ulfberth War-Bear(Warmaiden clerk) and, Eorlund Gray-Mane(behind Jorrvaskr).. I just buy it all and wait 24 hour cycles..

But you can also fast travel between Riften and Solitude blacksmiths, which in between gives the shops enough time to re-supply. No waiting needed. :)

Pijack

Also, a note on mining ebony. (Or any vein) Cancel your mining animation after you get the first stack. then start up again. It will allow you to mine 3 times instead of 2.

Wrong. Although the game shows the message that you have acquired the Ore twice, you have actually mined it three times. Take a look on your inventory when you do that. You can also attack with the Pickaxe to mine ore, which is much faster.

Wrong. Although the game shows the message that you have acquired the Ore twice, you have actually mined it three times. Take a look on your inventory when you do that. You can also attack with the Pickaxe to mine ore, which is much faster.

That's what I'm saying, You mine it 3 times. instead of twice. After you get the first stack, stop mining, and start again. I've gotten 3 ebony ore from 1 vein doing this.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
That's what I'm saying, You mine it 3 times. instead of twice. After you get the first stack, stop mining, and start again. I've gotten 3 ebony ore from 1 vein doing this.

You don't need to stop mining, you only get the message twice but you still get it three times, every third swing of the pickaxe you will hear it make a noise, you hear all three, no need to waste time by stopping then mining it again.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts