Where are the best places to buy spells?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Grace Hagger

I haven't explored everywhere yet but I've been to the three big cities and a few of the smaller towns. I was wondering where people have found the best place to purchase tomes and scrolls for spells?

The College in Winterhold have people that sell various disciplines of spells, also i know Farengar Secret-Fire sells alot of spells in Whiterun, i havent checked yet but perhaps all the Court Mages sell spells.

something to check!

Grace Hagger

Yeah, I was just searching through the UESP Wiki and saw that Farengar Secret-Fire has some spells. I'll make sure to pick some off up him when I'm playing tonight!

Im archmage and still find the best varity of spees come from Farengar Secret-Fire. also theres a mage in the pub in the town next to the collage that seels some decent ones.

SaveVsBedWet

I'm actually finding it far more difficult to figure out who the mages are and what is passing for a Mages Guild in Skyrim than it ever was with the earlier games. Is it just me or are there far fewer visual aids making it clear where and who things are? It could just be me forgetting how Elder Scrolls works to an extent due to playing so much Mass Effect, lol.

Eturnus

In the hall of elements i got a nice little grin when i noticed the "Eye pf Ra" symbol that they used in the previous games to denote where the mages guild was. and was a bit disapointed i didn't see the eye near the door when i 1st entered the college, but i supose the Mages guild was 200 years ago. A lot can change in 200 years

demujin

I forget the name, but the major Dwemer ruins inside Markarth, there is a mage dwemer researcher who gives you a quest to kill a large spider inhabiting the ruins. He has a good selection of spells as well. Better than what I have seen at the college.

ooo that will be handy. do you mean the ruins with the massive glowing mushroom trees lol, from the mission where you have to get the scroll?
i think thats the best place ive found so far, it looks awsome!

demujin

It's the Markarth Excavation site. All of the Dwemer ruins are cool though. I loved the dwemer ruins in Morrowind too. I'm glad they're back again. The dwemer are a lot cooler than the Ayleids, I think.

gafthrt

I think that one of the best people to buy from is the person in the upstairs of the palace in Whiterun, forgot his name. I use magic alot, and buy from him when I am not buying from the College.

Jaeger

The kooky elf at the keep in Riften also has some that the Whiterun wizard doesn't have (water breathing and a few more).

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts