1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

When Will the Next Elder Scrolls Come Out?

Discussion in 'General Skyrim Discussion' started by TheQuietCommentatorUTube, Dec 3, 2012.

1. TheQuietCommentatorUTube Busy Being A Boss

Message Count:
    Lakeview Manor, Falkreath, Skyrim, Tamriel, Nirn
    Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Skyrim, but deep down I'm yearning for more. When do you thing the next Elder Scrolls will come out?
  2. Osiris Child of the Sky

Message Count:
    ehh, probably in like 3-4 years..they are coming out with Elder Scrolls online pretty soon.
  3. TheQuietCommentatorUTube Busy Being A Boss

Message Count:
    Lakeview Manor, Falkreath, Skyrim, Tamriel, Nirn
    I guess that's what I expected. Hopefully the DLCs will tide me over until the release.

(I don't have a PC, or else I would definitely play the sh** out of Elder Scrolls Online)
  4. Lycan Supremacy Freelancer of Tamriel

Message Count:
    Since it was 5 years between the releases of Oblivion and Skyrim. My guess would be 2016. It makes sense to me. Plus, we are most likely going to be seeing Fallout 4 be released after the Elder Scrolls Online. So, really can't expect another title until the next console generation.
  5. NikolaTesla Admiral Sunna Kyndai

Message Count:
    It's likely that Fallout 4 will be a next-gen title, there have been tons of rumors flying about new consoles for years now, and it's looking like some of those rumors and ideas are coming into fruition, Windows 8, PS Vita, and I hesitate to say it............ Wii U. It's likely the next-gen consoles will be released some time around or before the holiday season of 2013 (That is if we make it past the 21st of this month, :p)
  6. Lycan Supremacy Freelancer of Tamriel

Message Count:
    Yeah, with all the current speculation that the next Xbox is soon to be unveiled and Sony's next PlayStation most likely to be unveiled at E3 next year. I would suspect we see them around the holidays if not early 2014. This would give Bethesda some time to get to know the new hardware and maybe give all console users a good product.
  7. Osiris Child of the Sky

Message Count:
    lol, i'm getting a gaming pc soon and TES online is gonna be one of my top games for sure :)
  8. Ritterkreuz Active Member

Message Count:
    Given that there were five years between II and III and then another five years between IV and V, I'd say you've got a wait ahead of you. My guess is that it'll be another 3 to 4 years before the next numbered TES game. Most likely it'll come out on PS 4 and XBox 720 (or whatever they'll end up calling it).
  9. Chowder138 Proud member of PAHAAA.

Message Count:
    I was going to post but then I saw this. Pretty much what you're saying. I'm more excited for Fallout 4 than anything :D