When Should I Start The Main Story?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dragon

Level 81 Legendary Frost Dragon
Im A Level 52 Nord I Have Completed The Main Story Already But Thats On My Other Character (Retired)

Tilse

Spellsword
Whenever you want to. I don't think I completed the main story (or really paid all that much attention to it) until I was nearly level 30 on my main character, I think. I dunno, it was awhile ago. There's no time limit or anything so just do it whenever.

ThriceHeart

Last Hunter of Toru-Manawa
When you get Skyrim for the first time you are pretty much compelled to play through the main quest just to see how everything pans out. With me I have created and role-played about 7 or 8 characters now but only about 2 of them have fully completed the main storyline. The choice is really left up you if you want all of your Dovahkiins to follow in the path of the ones from before.

Shyrith

Ebonhawk
How I usually do it is I finish the companions quest line first, then visit the greybeards, then do all the other side groups, do the main story til I get the elder scroll, then work on dawnguard. Then I do the civil war, and then finally finish the main story.

With dragonborn out, I still plan to do all that first, saving it for last. But it's really up to you. There in an event that happens in the main story if you haven't completed to civil war quests up to a point. But that's the only notable difference that comes to mind.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Dragon

Well, Ive completed The Dark Brotherhood quest line i'm also in theives guild, companions and college of winterhold but the main reason i haven't started is because dragon priests

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
On my first character, I didn't begin to the main quest-- I hadn't even gone to see the Greybeards!-- until level 40 or so. You can begin it at any time, but caution: the higher you go, the harder it gets. My level 40 ran into almost all Draugr Deathlords near the end, not a single regular Draugr. So keep that in mind and prepare yourself accordingly every time you do a main quest mission.

Dragon

On my first character, I didn't begin to the main quest-- I hadn't even gone to see the Greybeards!-- until level 40 or so. You can begin it at any time, but caution: the higher you go, the harder it gets. My level 40 ran into almost all Draugr Deathlords near the end, not a single regular Draugr. So keep that in mind and prepare yourself accordingly every time you do a main quest mission.
i can kill a giant with 3 hits. i have 2 dadric maces that do 125 damge and 30 fire damge i can kill a guard with one hit. Note: When you get to level 50 all guards levels are 50+

Dragon

I Dont Play Skyrim That Much Thanks To My Tv So I Have All The Time In The WORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRLDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Dragon

I Like Killing Dragons But They Are Everywhere At The End Of The Game I Thought There Would Be Less Dragons But Theres More But I CALL My Pet Dragon For Help Note:This Is On My Retired Character.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts