Open When in Skyrim, Do As The...?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Rathalos_lord_of_the_sky

-Bnahabra King-
    Rath hopped out of the caravan, stretching his aching legs. "I think I'll stick with you Thorek" He said as he bowed slightly out of respect. They walked around town for a bit in silence. "Truthfully." Rath said, "I'm bored, it's been awhile since I have hunted." With a evil smile Rath stopped and looked at Thorek. "Care to join me?"

TomLeViking

Call me Tom; or don't
    Thorek looked and Rath and nodded. "Sure, it's been a long time since I've hunted as well." He went back to the caravan, opened his bag and took out his hunting supplies; a hunting bow, some iron arrows and a few provisions.
    "Know any good spots around here?" He said, turning to Rathalos.

Rathalos_lord_of_the_sky

-Bnahabra King-
    Rath shook his head, "I'm from High Rock. Never been here before." He closed his eyes and inhaled. "Deer, wolves... Humans." By the time he had finished his sentence he already had his sword drawn inspecting it for cracks or dullness, it being Daedric he found none. "Name your game. I hunt them all." A dagger floated out of the caravan and into Rath's hand, he quickly strapped it to his wrist and put on his robes concealing the steel plated armor.

TomLeViking

Call me Tom; or don't
    Thorek wrapped his cloak around his shoulders; a huge wolf, the size of a cave bear.
    "Some elk might be nice." He smiled, pulling the bow around his shoulders and strapping the quiver to his back. He pointed off out of town, down the road to Helgen that lead East, South and then West. The road was circular as the Throat of the World blocked any travel from the West or South.
    "There are many down that way, as well as a few road-bears." He said.

Rathalos_lord_of_the_sky

-Bnahabra King-
    Rath nodded happily, he shook his arms and swung them behind his back a couple of times loosening the muscles. He then lined himself up with a wooden post and raised his arm so that the forearm lined up with the post, he made a flinging motion a couple of times before unbuckling the strap that held his dagger to his arm, he lined everything up again and in a flash the dagger was lodged in the post with only the hilt out. "Little trick I learned." Without looking away from Thorek, the dagger flew out of the post and into his raised hand, "The daggers speed is accelerated with a bit of telekinesis, faster than using arrows, but limited on my ability as a caster and thrower."
    Rath checked himself over once more, "Lead the way." He said with a slight hiss.

TomLeViking

Call me Tom; or don't
    Thorek lead the boy out of Ivarstead via the Eastbound road.
    "They say there's an Imperial camp around these parts." He said, walking out of the town.
    When they had gone about a quarter of a mile down the road he suddenly stopped and pointed off into the distance - a large male elk was eating grass by the side of the road. It couldn't have been more than 50 yards from them. Thorek carefully took the bow from his back and held it in his hand, priming an arrow and keeping the bow facing downwards.
    "Who's going to have the honours?" He said, whispering to Rath.

((Just realised in this area is a good time to introduce Saloman, my second character. Are you guys ok with that?))

Rathalos_lord_of_the_sky

-Bnahabra King-
    Rath thought for a moment. He turned and looked at Thorek and nodded, hopefully he understood. He crept in closer moving at a snails pace until he was only a few meters from the animal. It stopped, raised its head, Rath froze and held his breath. The elk turned and looked directly at him, snorted, and went back to eating. Rath shook his head and continued further until he was only a couple feet away, a tree was felled on the ground behind the elk, Rath used this for cover. He sat for a moment silently praying for success in the hunt. Rath quickly stood up, the elk frantically turned around, The dagger flew through the air and implanted itself in the Elks neck. Rath quickly drew his sword and tackled the creature who, for some reason, was still standing there in shock.
    ((Reference to Skyrim's seemingly brain dead wildlife.))
    The Elk bucked around and kicked frantically knocking Rath off.
    As he lay on the ground beside the Elk, his sword flew from his hand and into the Elks neck, this time killing him.

Rath bowed, "Thank you Mi'lady."

TomLeViking

Call me Tom; or don't
    "Good kill." Thorek said, catching up to him. He looked around the area for any prying eyes. "Shall we go back with our spoils now or carry on?"
    He looked over yonder and spotted a little shack down the road. He seemed drawn to it and narrowed his eyes.
    "Or.... there's that." He said quietly.

Rathalos_lord_of_the_sky

-Bnahabra King-
    Rath pulled his sword out of the Elk.
    "Let's take what we can get from the kill and look for more. We need to be prepared in case we run out of food and not able to hunt." He crouched over the elk and took a bite, ripping off a chunk or flesh. He spit it out onto the ground and, from the hole he made, began to skin the animal. He removed the shoulder roasts and placed them in a bag. Then he removed the Lion placing it in the same bag. "I think this will be enough. Not like it going to go to waste laying here, there are plenty of wolves near by that would enjoy the meal."
    He stood up "Lead on."

TomLeViking

Call me Tom; or don't
    Indeed there were wolves. They picked up the scent of the fresh blood and could be seen a while back from them, however they were content with their meal and in no mood for a fight with the two hunters. They traveled along the road east a few hundred yards, stopping to shoot pigeon on the way.
    "Trust me, they're delicious." Thorek assured, planting the dead birds in his bag. Eventually and inevitably they came across the beaten-down hut Thorek had spied on the horizon. There was a humming in the air and Thorek felt the need to investigate. Creeping towards the door of the shack, they could see it was open and looked like it had been for some time.

Moving through the hut they saw it was a tiny operation with a meager bed and some shelves filled with alchemical supplies. The alchemist's hut led into a small enclosed garden where they saw a huge mount of moths fluttering about an alchemy table.

The moths seemed to be resting on some object, while many others flew about the place. Suddenly, with a great flutter, the moths dissipated from the table to reveal a little old man, bent over to examine his experiments with mushrooms. The humming stopped and the man began to speak;

"So, it is in this year on this day that I begin the beginning of the ending of my end." He said. He spoke with an unwavering pitch and authoritative volume, not revealing his face under a hood which adorned a dark blue cloak stretching to the soft ground of his garden. He did not move from his position other than to gently stir the contents of the beaker he was staring into.

"You talk in riddles." Said Thorek, a bit dumb-struck by the strange man. "Perhaps you listen out of context." He replied. "Your eyes point inwards and your ears are upside-down," He continued, as Thorek's face morphed into an even more confused expression "And your world is inside-out. Or you are. Or I am. It cannot be known. Or it can." He finished.

Thorek found himself speechless after this encounter and invited Rath to shed some light on the situation and speak to the man.

Rathalos_lord_of_the_sky

-Bnahabra King-
    Rath Marveled at the shelves full of colorful potions. Mushrooms and flora were all over the room. "Alchemist. Trying to turn lead into gold? Or are we out to cure The Blight? Noble cause whatever it may be, I'm sure."

Patricia

Not Death's Bitca
    Myra awoke sluggishly, a searing ringing in her ears, and a pounding agony in her head. Normally she would be out of bed and refreshed the moment her eyes opened, but this particular awakening had knocked her flat back down again. She'd never had a hangover before, and it's been said the first is the worst. Her joints ailed like an old woman's would, and her healing arm ached on every fracture. But when she flexed it out in front of herself to shield her eyes from the light, it did not hurt, or jut off at an odd angle. At least that worked out well, she thought to herself as she pulled herself from the bed. She grabbed on to the wall and slowly made it to her "cure-all" bag, which even now, it was still teeming with potions and the like for every ailment. She didn't see clearly so it took her several minutes before she downed the right one. She held on to the ground with a vicing grip, as if she let go of it, she would sink through. After a while, though, the pain was subsiding, and had faded away enough that it was no longer a boring (as in, boring a hole) pain that flowed through her brain as though her very blood carried it, and more of a nuisance that yapped behind her ears. She began to start the already half over day.

TomLeViking

Call me Tom; or don't
    The wizard laughed a bit before commenting;
    "Just I hobby of mine. Aromatics, mainly; men such as me don't usually have need of potions or pretty colours." He said, grinding the contents of his pot against the side and smelling the sweet aroma that came from it, emitted a honey-like scent around the garden. He reached down and grasped at the seed pods of a nearby dragon tongue and crushed them in his hand, letting them fall into the mixture.
    "So... out for a hunt?" He said, after silence had fallen upon them. "There is good elk around these parts, as I've been told. It's been a long while since I've been gifted some meat, however."
    He continued to brew his perfume awaiting possible queries.

Rathalos_lord_of_the_sky

-Bnahabra King-
    "Ah, I see. My Father was a healer for the Outlanders." Rath grabbed his bag and held it outward to the man. "We did go hunting. I got an elk." He said with a sort of pride. He smiled, but quickly forced it away when he realized how childish it was. "If you want we could cook the meat up for you. Been a while since I've had and animal."

TomLeViking

Call me Tom; or don't
    The robed man smiled and turned to face them for the first time. His hood stooped over most of his face so only his grey beard and thin smile were visible. He did his best to remain hidden, tilting his head forward. His hands clasped together though they were unseen as the robes were ill-fitting and looked decades old, the sleeves reaching far further than was necessary.
    "You are a good lad, tribal." He turned to Thorek, "Well speak up, soldier, or shall you have me talking to a boy all day?" Thorek was shocked and stumbled into a sentence;
    "Well, I'm Thorek of Eastmarch and this is Rathalos of the... something... skyclan?" He said with an elevated pitch.
    The old man looked quite amused and motioned towards a cooking pot inside his shack with a fire ablaze under it;
    "Feel free to cook up that elk while you remain." He said.

Rathalos_lord_of_the_sky

-Bnahabra King-
    Rath half growled half laughed at Thorek. "Rathalos, I do not use my Clan name, anymore." He shook his head and walked over to the cooking pot. It was a simple pot over a large fire, nothing fancy. "I'm guessing I'll make a stew, as I have no other options." He set the meat on the table and began dicing it into small chunks, and heavily seasoning it with pepper. "Hmm" He found a potato and onion and cut them up and dumped them into the steaming meat broth, along with a carrot and a leek. Throwing in what spices he recognized.

TomLeViking

Call me Tom; or don't
    "Be careful you don't touch my nightshade pumpkins." The old man laughed a bit. "The goblins around in these caves love pumpkin stews." Thorek laughed a bit with him, as he always appreciated playing pranks on the little blighters.
    "How long have you been out here, old man?" He said to the wizard.
    "Not long, I suppose. Longer than the lifetime of a certain tribal boy, though."
    "And your name is?"
    "It is."
    Thorek looked a little confused and then annoyed at the man's reticence. The man saw this and looked amused before he yielded; "Saloman."

The mage walked towards the shack and reached in, grabbing a cane. It was of dark wood, straight and narrow with a moth embossed in the handle. "Here," He said, walking into the shack on his cane and grabbing a handful of fire salts from an adjacent shelf. He tossed it into the stew and a puff of smoke was thrown out. "That should give it some kick!" The old man said with a giggle. He had nothing better to do all day than experiment with the wildlife, and this often included eating alchemical ingredients and seeing what recipes could be improved.

Rathalos_lord_of_the_sky

-Bnahabra King-
    Rath nodded, and continued cooking.
    Eventually the stew was done. He saw some bowls sitting on a shelf with other eating utensils.
    They quickly shot over to the pot and began filling themselves with stew. He turned around while they filled and looked around for some drink. "I have a bottle of Argonian Rum still, doubt it's enough for all of us though." The bowls finished filling and two floated to Thorek and Soloman. The last one remained by Rath. He rummaged around in his bag and pulled out a clear bottle, half full(or half empty?).

"Feel free to pour a glass if you want."

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts