When bugs become handy....

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Papoy

DON'T EXPECT SPOILER WARNINGS FROM ME
I have a problem, or IDK... I dont know how to call it, it helps me, but it also feels like I'm cheater. It's made of several problems:
1) I trap souls of draugurs, vampires, and all kinds of dark souls in soul gems, while I need to trap souls of bandits, forsworns and all kind of clean souls in dark soul gems.
2) About conjuration, it often happens that I "fail" to summon a dremora, atronaches... it kinda goes "puff" sound of summoning, but nothing apears, and in turn (if I fail) instead of returning excact magica cost I payed, duble amount returns (wtf!?)
3) Clorette wont sell "Guardian circle" I've read on forums that it isn't unusaul bug, and it can be fixed if you run stright to her once you finish Rest. rit. quest. But I dont have a save that is behind that quest, 'cause I have done soveral quests afterwards,... so I'm kinda screwed, I've tried with control command, but nothin' happens.
So, I kinda feel like cheater, and Gueardian circle is only master spell that I miss, and I realy want it!!! Can someone recommend me a patch that resolves these bugs, please???

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
you're on PC yes?

~

player.additem 000FDE7B 1

~

did you try that? it should add the book into your inventory, i think.

the other suggested solution is to cast Bane of the Undead in front of Collette Marcene. see the bug section here: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Guardian_Circle

Papoy

umm ill try it, thnx, i have tried to cast it in front of her,.. nothin.
Kay, i tried it, work, and my collection nww is comeplete, THNX! 2 more bugs left :/

HouseHosted

Mundus 9-5, Oblivion weekends
I can give reasons for these occurrences, but Console Commands and such I am ignorant of.

1. Black Soul Gems can hold any soul. Draugr and Falmer do not count as black souls. Vampires I am unsure of. Will check.
2. Atronach Stone
3. Colette will not sell Guadian Circle after the first day of completeing the Restoration Ritual. I think it's a day anyway.

It's good to hear there's a solution for Guardian Circle. I did not know about that...

edit: So apparently vampires' souls need Black Soul gems. Not sure if you lumped them into that list because of inconsistencies, however, if other soul gems are able to hold their souls, then I am guessing there is something off.

Last edited:

Papoy

I can give reasons for these occurrences, but Console Commands and such I am ignorant of.

1. Black Soul Gems can hold any soul. Draugr and Falmer do not count as black souls. Vampires I am unsure of. Will check.
2. Atronach Stone
3. Colette will not sell Guadian Circle after the first day of completeing the Restoration Ritual. I think it's a day anyway.

It's good to hear there's a solution for Guardian Circle. I did not know about that...

edit: So apparently vampires' souls need Black Soul gems. Not sure if you lumped them into that list because of inconsistencies, however, if other soul gems are able to hold their souls, then I am guessing there is something off.
So draugurs aint black souls to begin with? strange, then why should i take black star if strongest souls come from draugurs with are actualy normal souls? idk, rly confusing, ill try that thing with those vampires tough, and yes i do have atronach stone :O then i quess i should change it then? but i rly think its the best a mage could have D:

Harkin

Necromatic Mastermind
There's another bug that becomes handy, walking through walls!

HouseHosted

Doesn't mean you have to change the stone. Spell Absorption just means you'll often need to cast conjure several times before it works.

The strongest souls are those of sentient/humanoid types. Obviously there are creatures that require grand souls, but the fact a recipient of a Black Soul Gem is conscious makes them stronger, if you ask me.

The Black Star, if memory serves, is glitched to be able to capture any soul, whether black or white. This means you can catch a human beings soul, like a bandit or vampire (as their souls are considered black) - as well as a troll or Draugr, which I believe is considered a white soul. As far as strength goes, in terms of Enchanting, Black Souls and their gems are the strongest ones in the game and will make the strongest enchantments. Grand Soul Gems should be right under them I believe.
As for being a mage with the Atronach Stone active, I've done that myself and it is doable but takes a bit of work. You will need to remember to conjure something before entering battle or alternatively have a follower to take the heat off you and give you time to summon back up unaccosted. You will also need a fairly deep magicka pool and enchanted robes with the strongest possible magicka regen, or a lot of restore magicka potions as the Atronach Stone lessens your magicka regen by 50 percent. May not seem like much but it is. There is also a perk in the Restoration tree that lets you regen magicka 50% faster which should counteract it almost entirely.
Don't feel like a cheater. The fact you have the Atronach Stone on actually levels things out quite a bit. Hope this helps. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?

2. Atronach Stone

So draugurs aint black souls to begin with? strange, then why should i take black star if strongest souls come from draugurs with are actualy normal souls? idk, rly confusing, ill try that thing with those vampires tough, and yes i do have atronach stone :O then i quess i should change it then? but i rly think its the best a mage could have D:
Strongest souls actually come from Drauger Deathlords (or their super version!), Mammoths and people (and vampires, apparently!), the Grand Souls. You don't need a black soul gem for anything except people and/or vampires. From all of my enchanting experience (5K+ hours in), there is no real difference between a Grand Soul in a Grand Soul gem or a Grand Soul in a Black Soul Gem (or it's extremely negligible). I usually just don't bother. Mammoth souls are enough for me. I just collect the souls of my enemies in my black soul gems and store them away so I can finger them later and laugh evilly. :)

Papoy

HouseHosted

Strongest souls actually come from Drauger Deathlords (or their super version!), Mammoths and people (and vampires, apparently!), the Grand Souls. You don't need a black soul gem for anything except people and/or vampires. From all of my enchanting experience (5K+ hours in), there is no real difference between a Grand Soul in a Grand Soul gem or a Grand Soul in a Black Soul Gem (or it's extremely negligible). I usually just don't bother. Mammoth souls are enough for me. I just collect the souls of my enemies in my black soul gems and store them away so I can finger them later and laugh evilly. :)

Strongest in terms or charge perhaps. I still argue in favor of humanoid types, as to maintain one's consciousness separate of the body is quite notable.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?

Strongest in terms or charge perhaps. I still argue in favor of humanoid types, as to maintain one's consciousness separate of the body is quite notable.
I am now thoroughly confused and inspired at the same time! AH! Bliss! :)

Papoy

The Black Star, if memory serves, is glitched to be able to capture any soul, whether black or white. This means you can catch a human beings soul, like a bandit or vampire (as their souls are considered black) - as well as a troll or Draugr, which I believe is considered a white soul. As far as strength goes, in terms of Enchanting, Black Souls and their gems are the strongest ones in the game and will make the strongest enchantments. Grand Soul Gems should be right under them I believe.
As for being a mage with the Atronach Stone active, I've done that myself and it is doable but takes a bit of work. You will need to remember to conjure something before entering battle or alternatively have a follower to take the heat off you and give you time to summon back up unaccosted. You will also need a fairly deep magicka pool and enchanted robes with the strongest possible magicka regen, or a lot of restore magicka potions as the Atronach Stone lessens your magicka regen by 50 percent. May not seem like much but it is. There is also a perk in the Restoration tree that lets you regen magicka 50% faster which should counteract it almost entirely.
Don't feel like a cheater. The fact you have the Atronach Stone on actually levels things out quite a bit. Hope this helps. :)

Im grateful bout that thing that u explained me with soul gems, thnx, but when it comes to that summoning, all u said is excatly what i do, i have calder with full ebony armour, spellbreaker, and ebony axe that does 30 burn dmg, i have both pers in recovery in restoration, i have magica pool of 620 from items i get 200 so i aint worried about it. I just feel sad bout fact that when i fail to summon duble amout returns, but now that i see that it is common, I DONT CARE, I LOVE IT

Papoy

Piece of info, looks like i was wrong,....
I've just paid a visit to vamires in movarths lair, ive cast a soul trap on vampire thrall, i had a greater soul gem and 15 pretty ones, it says no s.g. large enough, so ye, they are black souls, or i should try it on classic "vampire"

Im grateful bout that thing that u explained me with soul gems, thnx, but when it comes to that summoning, all u said is excatly what i do, i have calder with full ebony armour, spellbreaker, and ebony axe that does 30 burn dmg, i have both pers in recovery in restoration, i have magica pool of 620 from items i get 200 so i aint worried about it. I just feel sad bout fact that when i fail to summon duble amout returns, but now that i see that it is common, I DONT CARE, I LOVE IT

Ah well you didn't say that on your posts lol. Good. :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts