Whats your favorite game and why?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

The Wandering Khajiit

Lvl 27 Nightingale
Mine is either Halo 1 Or Morrowind. I can never chose which one I love more. Both because you can see the passion and time put into it no matter how hard it was. Now it's mostly for money. Thats why the earlier games are better compared to nowadays.

trunkynugget

Xenoblade Chronicles is probably my favourite game I've played so far. There's just so much to do, I clocked in over 100 hours before beating it for the first time and I was completely immersed the whole time. I loved the characters, the story, and the soundtrack is sublime. JRPGs are my favourite type of games, so I might be a bit biased, but I had such an incredible experience with this game that I wish I could experience it for the first time all over again.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
Staff member
Gotta agree with Morrowind there pal. All the other ES fall in line right after Morrowind as well, but ESIII will always be the top of the list for me.

Chadonraz

Four years ago I would have said Skyrim, but since late 2015 the top spot has been held by Witcher 3. I have over 2600 hours clocked (I own the game on both Steam and GOG), and I've no intention of stopping playing it.

As for why... well, I'll just copy/paste my GOG review of the GOTY version. :p

---

Since I am reviewing the GOTY version, I will leave out some details.

As I write this review, Galaxy shows 1128h 39m clocked. More importantly, I do not regret a single second I've spent playing the game. That right there is the strongest recommendation I could possibly give.

Pros:
+ writing
+ music
+ audio and voice acting
+ combat (including skills & abilities)
+ story with its multiple paths & end states
+ meaningful choices with consequences (familiar feature from the previous Witcher games)
+ general gameplay
+ humour, though often dark
+ graphics
+ top-class performance optimization
+ characters
+ Geralt is awesome and deserves his own bullet point
+ the game world
+++ the expansions

Cons:
- ruins any social life you may have, for at least a couple hundred hours
- can make other games feel "meh"

(The quote function works differently than what I'm used to. Interesting, but also inconvenient as I had to remove it.)

Lonely-cactus

Witcher 3. I recall playing it the first time and reading through the fifth novel of the Witcher saga. Now every time I return to the game, it really feels like going home

itsmydragon

My favorite game is Morrowind and Heroes of Might and Magic III
Because they have a great atmosphere, great music and are a work of art among games. However, when it comes to MMO games, EVE Online is what I value the most - this game does not get old and has the most intelligent community of all MMO games I have ever seen.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts