What's the most expensive item you made and/or found in Skyrim?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr

mooby346

Daedric Battleaxe, worth about 10,200, with a soul trap enchantment on it. Can't remember exact value at the moment though as I'm not playing.

What's the most expensive thing anybody has ever found in game(aka no created weapons)?

Roentgen

Methinks you're keeping that one. No merchant out there can afford it.

I've got a closet full of Daedric weapons. Battleaxe, Warhammer, Greatsword, Bow, sword and dagger each enchanted with different things. Depends on what I'm in the mood for ... slice and dice or smashing.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
6912873646_504642ea11_b.jpg

Are Daedric weapons worth more then dragon armor? I have no idea, as I still can only smith elven weapons and armor..

I would think dragon armor would be worth more, as you can't even get it unless you have lvl 100 smith, and daedric is only 90.

I have no idea yet.. but im really looking forward to getting dragon armor, and daedric weaponry.

But that 12k warhammer is nuts! It would be epic to find that in a dungeon. But if I found that, I would actually be kinda bummed out, because where could you sell that??

Unless you bought a bunch of stuff off the merchant so they have the 12k first, then sell it... But even then, not many merchants have 12k worth of goods, even if you bought every item they have!

I think the most expensive item I have found is about 2-3k... Nothing compared to that war hammer!

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
With the fortify restoration potion glitch, that is if update 1.5 hasn't patched it yet, you can enchant any item and it be worth over a million gold coins.

Dagmar

Are Daedric weapons worth more then dragon armor? I have no idea, as I still can only smith elven weapons and armor..

I would think dragon armor would be worth more, as you can't even get it unless you have lvl 100 smith, and daedric is only 90.
Warhammers are worth more than Armor for any given material type and the enchantments Banish and Paralyze will increase the value of a weapon far more than any enchantments you can put on Armor.

As an aside Daedric armor has a better base armor rating than Dragonplate armor but Dragonplate is lighter, it's easier to get the material to forge it (given the abundance of Dragons in the game and the lack of Daedra's), and the better armor rating becomes academic if you improve either set with Smithing to give yourself an armor rating of 567 or higher because after 567 you don't get any more physical damage resistance from armor (it caps at 80%) (and it's pretty easy to improve either set to that level with Smithing and you have all the armor rating bonus perks from the Heavy Armor perk tree).
With the fortify restoration potion glitch, that is if update 1.5 hasn't patched it yet, you can enchant any item and it be worth over a million gold coins.
But it's pretty meaningless in every sense of the word since (i) it's an exploit and (ii) it gives no measure of what weapon type, material and enchantments will produce the highest value item in the game. A Daedric Warhammer enchanted with Banish and Paralyze using legitimate game mechanics is going to yield the highest value weapon.

D3adToU

Waiting for someone funny to photoshop the picture... and make it 500000000 gold... lol

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
fortofy-smithing-potion_528_poster.jpg

dr.derp

to the person above, how did you make that? and theoretically the most valuable item would be a daedric warhammer with a max upgrade on the grindstone and the banishment and paralyzation enchantments. also if you get the restoration perk necromage while you are a vampire, it allows you to break the enchanting-alchemy-enchanting-alchemy bonus cap.

Xivia4

^The alchemy and enchantment loop. Make fortify enchantment potion, drink, fortify alchemy on clothes set (use falmer helmet & circlet gltich), and keep doing this till you get that above.

ShadowGambit

The Fortify restoration potion abuse.

You can get whatever level of potion you want till the game crashes on you and reset.

Dagmar

^The alchemy and enchantment loop. Make fortify enchantment potion, drink, fortify alchemy on clothes set (use falmer helmet & circlet gltich), and keep doing this till you get that above.
No. It has nothing to do with the Alchemy- Enchanting loop which requires understanding of finer aspects of Alchemy and Enchanting. That Fortify Enchanting potion can only be made with the Fortify Restoration potion exploit. You can use this exploit with just a very basic understanding of how Alchemy and Enchanting work and, unlike using the Alchemy - Enchanting loop, you don't need to have 100 Alchemy and Enchanting skill and invest 7 perks in each skill perk tree to achieve the effects.

The Fortify Restoration potion is only supposed to increase the strength of Restoration spells but the effect also will increase the strength of Fortification enchantments. The effect stacks so you can continuously stack the effect on Fortify Alchemy gear to make the enchantment strength on the gear greater and greater. In addition to making ludicrously strong enchantments by making ridiculously strong Fortify Enchanting potions you can improve weapons tempered after taking similarly strong Fortify Smithing potions so they inflict tens of thousands of physical damage per hit.

While a lot of players play around with this just to see it at work and for amusement to watch their characters do things that shouldn't be possible in the game, most abandon the exploit and the gear created by using it in short time because it tends to suck the enjoyment out of the game once the initial amusement wears off.

Demoraj

I have a simple question can you do this trick with 100 alchemy but no perks in it? I want to do the unlimited shouts thing.
It's ironic that I'm a dragonborn that never uses shouts.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts