Whats the highest armor rating you've ever achieved?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
The potion glitches don't count! i'm talking purely no cheating and playing LEGIT!
Whats the absolute max armor rating number you've ever gotten? What level you were when you achieved it? And on what type of armor? ;)

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
I've once gotten an 1200 armor rating 100% legit. I nearly died in frustration when I learned the armor cap was 567.
holy crap man!!! that is BEAST!!! how did you manage that? i've only once gotten close to 400 and that was on my daedric character! also i didn't know there was an armor cap, thats news to me.

Azir L'Stros

"So much treasure, so little time..."
holy crap man!!! that is BEAST!!! how did you manage that? i've only once gotten close to 400 and that was on my daedric character! also i didn't know there was an armor cap, thats news to me.

Ah, thanks. I put a bunch of perks in smithing, enchanting, and heavy armor. Then I made a set of gear with Fortify Enchanting (each piece was 20%, so it added up to 80%, I think) and I bought a Fortify Smithing elixir, which fortifies Smithing and extra 50%. I did a quest (forgot the name) from an Argonian at the Riften docks, and the reward boosted Smithing 25% as well. It was Daedric armor, and I brought a TON of ebony ingots. I upgraded my armor a bunch, and that's about it. I also learned that you can upgrade armor past Legendary, but the name of the upgrade never changes.

AS88

Staff member
To just over the armour cap. Anything else is only a waste..

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
Ah, thanks. I put a bunch of perks in smithing, enchanting, and heavy armor. Then I made a set of gear with Fortify Enchanting (each piece was 20%, so it added up to 80%, I think) and I bought a Fortify Smithing elixir, which fortifies Smithing and extra 50%. I did a quest (forgot the name) from an Argonian at the Riften docks, and the reward boosted Smithing 25% as well. It was Daedric armor, and I brought a TON of ebony ingots. I upgraded my armor a bunch, and that's about it. I also learned that you can upgrade armor past Legendary, but the name of the upgrade never changes.
That is epic thinking there! i've never tried a method like that, did you get the full 1200? or did it stop at 567?

Azir L'Stros

"So much treasure, so little time..."
That is epic thinking there! i've never tried a method like that, did you get the full 1200? or did it stop at 567?

It actually goes to 1200. But at 567, you get 80% protection from attacks, thus making all armor ratings above that irrelevant.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
Nope. Getting way above 567 is not worth all the levels and time.
That sucks!! An all this time i've been getting pissed because its so complicated to get my numbers over the 300 something mark, when even if i did it wouldn't matter much anyway! Glad to have learned this now i can stop wasting so much time smithing and smithing and smithing some more, i knew that legendary was the top rank for armor but was never aware it had a cap, i always thought that armor was something that would continue to increase based on how go about it.

Nighthiker77

A 300 displayed armor rating is only reducing damage by 48%. So you are taking 2.5x as much damage at 300 as you would at 567.

Each point actually makes more and more difference the closer you get to the cap.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
A 300 displayed armor rating is only reducing damage by 48%. So you are taking 2.5x as much damage at 300 as you would at 567.

Each point actually makes more and more difference the closer you get to the cap.
Got any suggestions on how to cross over to 400? My smithing is maxed! and every skill filled in the tree! Only other tree's i got maxed is enchanting and speech, right now i'm at 384 and can't get any higher no matter what i do! :sadface:

Nighthiker77

Make some fortify smithing gear to wear at the workbench, and put some fortify light armor enchantments on your fight armor.

You can also buy fortify smithing and fortify enchanting potions, but they don't show up that often. Don't waste the ones you find in dungeons.

What armor are you wearing?

Nighthiker77

Yeah I missed that. I assumed by maxed he meant appropriately perked as well, and that is right about where an elven set would be.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
Full daedric heavy armor, only because its the highest stats i can get on anything, even dragon bone armor won't go this high. And i had planned on adding more perk points on the heavy armor tree but so far they all been added to smithing which is why its now maxed out, from now on every level up will be spent on heavy armor thats high enough and i'll see if that changes anything. Thank you guys for helping me with this.

Nighthiker77

If you don't have any perks in heavy or you are at 100, you could switch to light armor and still hit cap.

If you have lots of gold you don't need, you could hit Radiant Raiment for peerless smithing jewelry.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts