PS3 Whats the fastest way to make money in skyrim?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Whats the fastest way to make money in skyrim?

• Alchemy

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Enchantments

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Enchantments+Smithing(Takes time to level these up)

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry I'm new to this game, I'm wondering which way is fastest to make money in skyrim?

I've been checking sites the first one I checked said alchemy was,
but when I've been reading comments on YouTube and a few said that obtaining Banish enchantment and making daggers and enchanting them with this is the best way to make money, and even better if you put on a 2nd enchantment (with the enchantment perk).

Are any of these true?

If so which one is the fastest?(unless there is an even faster method)

*Ignore the fact that im new to this game and the fastest way to acquire money may require finishing quests, higher levels etc.

EDIT: Sorry I forgot to make it so that you can only vote for one so can you please only choose one?

EDIT:
"If you are mass enchanting your items, it is more profitable to do so with weapons. Weapon enchant prices are calculated by base uses; the fewer base uses an enchant has, the more expensive the enchantment will be. The Banish enchantment is by far the most profitable weapon enchantment."
Btw what does this person mean by base uses? (quoted from skyrim - Which enchants are worth the most? - Arqade )

ShadowGambit

in term of making money fast, you have to divide the game pretty much in 2 phases.

from level 1 to 40: Alchemy would be the fastest. The reason is that ingredients are, for most, not too hard to get and not expensive (most of them can be even free if you put a little effort in it.

For alchemy, the Giant Toe+Wheat + creep cluster will give you the most valuable potion. Everything with Giant toe will give you a big chunk of money too. Also, invisibility potion are pretty expensive.

Remember to ALWAYS make multi effects potions, they increase the value of the potion quite a bit.

To help you choose your ingredients:

http://www.endoftheweb.se/skyrim/index.php

Now, around level 40 it changes. You can then get your hand on Banish enchantment, as well as Absorb Health or Sneak.

From that point, Enchanting becomes a faster way to make money, as those enchantment sell for a lot of money. Just enchant your loot, smithing is not even needed.

Another way to make money: Conjuration.

WHAT??? You can summon gold? ... Well not really.

But starting at 90 conjuration, and finishing the Master Conjuration Spell quest, you can have access to the Atronach forge. You just need conjuration to use it, no need for smithing, even if it is a forge. You can create Daedric weapon and armor that are ENCHANTED and plenty of nice stuff that worth tons of money, with ingredients not that expensive.

PurpleShew has a pretty nice guide on this:
http://skyrimforum.com/threads/midden-the-astronach-forge-recipes.4306/#post-135696
Spoiler - Midden: The Astronach Forge Recipes | Skyrim Forums

Also, if you want to get more info on how to get gold, you should ask Adam Warlock on this forum. He is betting close to get 1 million septims :)

Valyn

I made so much money off of iron daggers and absorb health enchantment. I sold each one for about 200-300 gold, and I had like 180 of 'em. So that adds up to 180 x 200 = 36,000 gold in about an hour or two.
I had a hard time finding people to sell them to, but I just used an exploit so they have infinite gold :).

ShadowGambit

I had a hard time finding people to sell them to, but I just used an exploit so they have infinite gold :).

Take the Investor perk and then invest in the General store in Riverwood. He will have 10.000+ septims every 2 days to buy your stuff.

Aquillus

In the beginning, I typically take literally everything I can carry from each cave/area I explore. Then I sell everything to local merchants.

The Transmute Mineral Ore spell is really good for making money. You use it to turn iron ore to silver ore and silver ore to gold ore. A copy of the spell tome can be found at halted stream camp on the bandit chief's desk.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
Could we have questions like these moved to the help section? I don't mind helping but there is a section for questions.

Now as for money making I say enchanting and alchemy. But I find both kind of bland and repetitive. I prefer to run dungeons and sell my loot. At higher levels it starts to crank out the gold while allowing you to enjoy the game and explore. Money comes with time. Getting rich has no point besides the achievement and bragging rights.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts