• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ritterkreuz

So I'm running through the game with my second Dragonborn since installing, well, Dragonborn. I got thinking, what's my character's motivation? Think about it, you're attacked by a couple of cultists. So what? At this point in the game you've already hacked your way through Bleakfalls Barrow, been attacked by at least 2 dragons, fought your way out of Helgan. I mean, so many people have already tried to kill you, what's two more?

Now my real life motivation is obvious, can't let part of game go unfinished, but as far as my character goes, I could really see the Dragonborn reading the note and then tossing it aside without much thought.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
So I'm running through the game with my second Dragonborn since installing, well, Dragonborn. I got thinking, what's my character's motivation? Think about it, you're attacked by a couple of cultists. So what? At this point in the game you've already hacked your way through Bleakfalls Barrow, been attacked by at least 2 dragons, fought your way out of Helgan. I mean, so many people have already tried to kill you, what's two more?

Now my real life motivation is obvious, can't let part of game go unfinished, but as far as my character goes, I could really see the Dragonborn ready the note and then tossing it aside without much thought.
Maybe you just want to find out why the cultists are attacking you. If your character has accepted that he/she is dragonborn then being accused of being a fraud would certainly be a bee in my bonnet, even if other people have been trying to kill me, they haven't accused me of being a fraud.

Nighthiker77

My character just killed them, took their stuff, and dumped them in the river. After I've destroyed the vampire menace, I'll be bored, go through my spoils, notice there stuff, and go off in search of some more adventure.

Daelon DuLac

My character just killed them, took their stuff, and dumped them in the river. After I've destroyed the vampire menace, I'll be bored, go through my spoils, notice there stuff, and go off in search of some more adventure.
You bothered to drop them in the river? I just let 'em lay. Let the scavengers have 'em. The only time I ever moved a body was one in Markarth that I got tired of stepping over every time I went to see the smith. Him I threw over the ledge in to the river (of course I got yelled at for doing it too!).

Nighthiker77

They attacked me on the BBLS patio. I was going to throw them under he porch but the water was right there an I hung out for a little while and watched them slam into rocks.

Daelon DuLac

You didn't hide the Gourmet? Poor guy lol
Okay. I did hide him, but only because it was part of the Quest. I just hate putting in the effort to drag my victims anywhere. It puts a crimp in my killin' style. Wait, there is one incidence when I would do it - to the grinder to make lunch for my Death Hounds.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
You bothered to drop them in the river? I just let 'em lay. Let the scavengers have 'em. The only time I ever moved a body was one in Markarth that I got tired of stepping over every time I went to see the smith. Him I threw over the ledge in to the river (of course I got yelled at for doing it too!).

I agree. I would like that we have the power to burn them after we kill them. Some of them are nasty and when for example I kill vamps, that I hate so much, I would like to be able to burn their dead bodies. :mad:

Daelon DuLac

I agree. I would like that we have the power to burn them after we kill them. Some of them are nasty and when for example I kill vamps, that I hate so much, I would like to be able to burn their dead bodies. :mad:
I think I saw someplace that there was a mod that allowed you to do that. You'd think a fireball spell or something like that would do it.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
I think I saw someplace that there was a mod that allowed you to do that. You'd think a fireball spell or something like that would do it.

Unfortunately no. I tried everything, from incinerate to wall of fire and fire storm and nothing burn them when they are dead. The only magic that will make them disappear, is lighting storm if you are able to cast it without interruption, so they will be desintegrated, but if they are already dead, not even with lighting storm you should be able to do so. What a pity that Skyrim is getting infected with too many dead bodies and the freaking skeevers are happy ... lol ... ;) ... I hate rats .... :mad:

Daelon DuLac

Unfortunately no. I tried everything, from incinerate to wall of fire and fire storm and nothing burn them when they are dead. The only magic that will make them disappear, is lighting storm if you are able to cast it without interruption, so they will be desintegrated, but if they are already dead, not even with lighting storm you should be able to do so. What a pity that Skyrim is getting infected with too many dead bodies and the freaking skeevers are happy ... lol ... ;) ... I hate rats .... :mad:
I always have them in my basement but a Kyne's Peace keeps them at bay until I can kill them. You could always use conjuration and raise them and then just walk 'em off cliffs. Then they'd be out of the way and you wouldn't see them. Of course you could just walk 'em in to rivers and that would do the same thing (although I wouldn't want to see the outlet of those same rivers).

Hermaeus Mora

Now my real life motivation is obvious, can't let part of game go unfinished, but as far as my character goes, I could really see the Dragonborn reading the note and then tossing it aside without much thought.

If you only completed the first couple quest then Dragonborn DLC might be to hard. Dragonborn DLC was meant for people who completed the main quest line and have nothing else to do, not saying you can't play. You can still play Dragonborn DLC but I recommend getting to a higher level and getting your skills higher. I didn't complete the main quest and only did a few side quest and did Dragonborn DLC while I was half way done with the Main quest and I found Lurkers, Seekers and Miraak to be a challenge.

Ritterkreuz

I've played through it before. Like I said, I know the real reason why I have and will play it. I'm just thinking of it from the POV of the Dragonborn.

sticky runes

The opportunity to meet and learn about another member of your own kind, and to discover new shouts and expand your knowledge and powers. Sure, bandits and wizards and monsters try to kill you on a daily basis, but how many of them were sent by a fellow Dragonborn?

I'm currently playing as my dunmer character, so I think he'd be intrigued to visit an island inhabited by lots of dark elves.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts