What's going on with the alerts

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I know this is probably a question for the moderators, but, perhaps one of y'all knows.

I used to depend on the alerts drop down to let me know when there was new conversation going on, but now, I keep getting these alerts with just a picture and a little yellow star that don't lead anywhere.

What's up? What are these? If I'm right, they're just alerts that somebody actually looked at a thread?

Any answers from y'all with all the knowledge of how this thing works?

Frankly they're driving me nuts and really are just clutter as far as I'm concerned. They only started happening now that the Forum has moved to a new server.

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
I know this is probably a question for the moderators, but, perhaps one of y'all knows.

I used to depend on the alerts drop down to let me know when there was new conversation going on, but now, I keep getting these alerts with just a picture and a little yellow star that don't lead anywhere.

What's up? What are these? If I'm right, they're just alerts that somebody actually looked at a thread?

Any answers from y'all with all the knowledge of how this thing works?

Frankly they're driving me nuts and really are just clutter as far as I'm concerned. They only started happening now that the Forum has moved to a new server.

Yeah, it is frustrating indeed. I hope someone has an answer....

AS88

Staff member
I think the staff are working on it, but I suspect there'll be a few teething problems at first. At least we're able to quote each other again :)

Daelon DuLac

Also you can try to check your registered email for details on your alerts till they can fix the problem
That's no fun. I don't wanna check my email all the time... WAAAAAA!

Daelon DuLac

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Thank you! Sorry, I wasn't sure where to post this.

Suggestions/Feedback is where any and all comments, concerns and questions about the site should go.

That being said, if you do have questions like this, do make sure to use the @Rayven tagging feature so I see it as soon as you post it. Kind people reported your post to let me know you were also having issues.

Daelon DuLac

Thank you! Sorry, I wasn't sure where to post this.

Suggestions/Feedback is where any and all comments, concerns and questions about the site should go.

That being said, if you do have questions like this, do make sure to use the @Rayven tagging feature so I see it as soon as you post it. Kind people reported your post to let me know you were also having issues.
Many thanks. I'm still getting used to the Forum's dynamics. Overall though - awesome job guys! I love this place!

AS88

Staff member
I have to say, Rayven, that you always get on things quickly if there's a problem or you're tagged. What's more, you're always approachable and helpful instead of being some evil overlord of the forums

<3

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Several issues have been addressed with the forum upgrade. Please check your alerts again. Looking at mine, they all seem to be populated with the correct information. Make sure yours are likewise. Feel free to use this thread to test your alerts.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts