• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jetmann114

With the adoptable children, I dicided that once my kids grow up, alesan will grow up to be harbinger of the companions, while samuel grows up and gets into a relationship with Serana, she makes him a vampire and they live in my homestead for 8 years until it is burned down by vigilants of stendarr, then they move back to castle volikar, and take it back for themselves, they have a child, and then live in castle volikar for the rest of eternity.

andrew9300

I would rather my children live a "normal" life in Skyrim. I would like them to have a nice estate along Karth River and be good parents unlike me. I want Lucia to marry a Jarl and become successful with working with diplomatic relations throughout Skyrim and Tamriel. I would like Francois to become Jarl of a region, Dean of College of Winterhold, or even a business owner in Solitude.

Adam Warlock

Aleson will succeed Isran as the leader of the Dawnguard and Runa will run the Dragonborn Bed&Breakfast Inn in the rebuilt Helgen.
Of course both of them will be fabulously wealthy by way of inheritance when I become the first Altmer to join the heroes of Sovngarde. Talos be praised !

Toralf Snow-Song

Level ?? (Elite) Humanoid
I need a red headed boy to take after myself, have Runa, a blonde girl after her adopted mother, Mjoll, but having trouble fining one red head!
Also, to answer the question: Vampire royalty, of course.

Emzilla2

I would like my two little girls growing up adventuring all across Skyrim with their mother *myself* and Lydia and my husband to be at home with Argis keeping the place up together and killing giants and the vampires who keep trying to kill me. :eek:

My son Aleson is gonna be a Tyranasaurus Rex and my little girl whose name I cannot remember because she is insignificant will hopefully become an inn keeper or something but will probably instead become a prostitute in Riften selling her body so she can get her next skooma fix.

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
My children will grow up to be proud members of the Dark Brotherhood. When I first got Hearthfire, I was wondering if my character was too evil to adopt children (without getting out of character), but when I found out you can give your kids daggers and have them train on a practice dummy, all doubt was erased from my mind! I'm raising two assassins!

Odd Child

The Bronze Boar!
My son will be on his way to the college of WINTERHOLD where his remarkable gift of destruction shall flourish, and become one of the greatest mages in the history of Skyrim.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Vampire Hunters after their father. The house is basically a nice looking fort, Armoury, Storage, Cellar, bedrooms. Crossbows are in several locations in the house, stockpiles of food and arrows/bolts, armour, swords, maces, war axes etc. I also like it when that little Summoner appears down the bottom of the hill, always fun to send a crossbow bolt into their head while sitting on my porch enjoying the view. Amazed they haven't got the message not to do whatever it is they do down there, they aren't harming me but I just can't resist sending a few bolts down their way. Sadly my daughter is more interested in her toy doll than practice with the blade.

buggegirl99

i have a feeling lucia will be in the thieves guild, and lucia might be running an inn or something. at least one of my kids will fight with a blade and follow my irresistable urge to steal

buggegirl99

i meant runa will run an inn or something sorry:)

Adam Warlock

I think Runa is a natural thief and could possibly be a Thieve`s Guild love child.
She certainly craves gold and asks for money often
Jury is still out on Aleson

The children`s chest frequently contains flowers and other ingredients they pick up while playing but I`ve recently noticed a couple of Silver Rings in there which were not gifted by their pa !
Let`s just say I check my pockets now if my kid has walked up behind me

Adam Warlock

The kids will often be waiting outside the front door of Lakeview when you arrive home by fast-travel.
This is also a time when a random attack may occur.

Last time I came home , Runa was there to greet me at the same moment that a group of bandits raided the house.
Ignoring the charging foes and the cow getting killed behind her , she locked me into dialogue to ask for an allowance just as a Bandit Marauder was swinging a steel battleaxe down at her greedy little head !

Of course , I had to tell her this wasn`t the time to discuss money but she still took a lick before I could disengage from her and kill her attacker. Runa shrieked and ran into the house . the event was forgotten as quickly as it occured

kids will practice with their weapons on installed dummies but they won`t fight with them so any improvements to their wooden swords or daggers is for cosmetic purposes only

Samuel will grow up to be the Harbinger of the Companions after Kylus heads off the join the eternal hunt with Hircine, Runa will run an inn in solitude , because bitches belong in the kitchen

Primrose the huntress

Master assassin/nightingale
I'd like them both to be adventurers like me, and i could train them to be as good and maybe better than me...

Shoxus

Alesan seems to spend most of his time in the woods around his father Ashen's estate. Ashen gifted him a steel dagger, the same type he was gifted by his adoptive parents. Spending his chore free weekends out in the woods learning the land and his weekdays training with the bow and blade, Alesan is setting out to be a ranger just like his father. He often journeys out with his sister Lucia but always with his best friend and companion meeko the dog.

Lucia seems to shy away from the ways of the warrior, and spends her time apprenticing under her father in alchemy and craft. She and alesan both go into the wilds to gather ingredients for her studies. Also, as any daughter does, time being spent with mother in the kitchen baking and cooking is natural.

Octavia

~ Ryla <3
I shall train my children in the way of the assassin, teach them to be one with the shadows. Eventually we'll form our own brotherhood, and strike fear into the hearts of people all across Skyrim. They'll laugh at the words "The Dark Brotherhood". I've already started giving them dagger practice, soon I'll show them how to properly use a bow.

Baelor

With the adoptable children, I dicided that once my kids grow up, alesan will grow up to be harbinger of the companions, while samuel grows up and gets into a relationship with Serana, she makes him a vampire and they live in my homestead for 8 years until it is burned down by vigilants of stendarr, then they move back to castle volikar, and take it back for themselves, they have a child, and then live in castle volikar for the rest of eternity.

Can you really train your kids to grow up to do some particular profession in Hearthfire?

Octavia

~ Ryla <3
Can you really train your kids to grow up to do some particular profession in Hearthfire?

I don't think so, but it's good to roleplay! Although I wouldn't be surprised if someone decided to make a mod for that though.

Adam Warlock

I shall train my children in the way of the assassin, teach them to be one with the shadows. Eventually we'll form our own brotherhood, and strike fear into the hearts of people all across Skyrim. They'll laugh at the words "The Dark Brotherhood". I've already started giving them dagger practice, soon I'll show them how to properly use a bow.
YES ! Give your child the Blade of Woe when they ask for a present !
Then watch them train their assassin skills on the practice dummy.

The unfortunate thing is the kids don`t seem to graduate past daggers as weapons.
Bows never appear on their wish list and they don`t use the targets I`ve installed despite the presence of bows and arrows I`ve placed on the ground and in nearby weapon racks.

since I`m on Xbox , I guess I`m stuck with runts forever.
Neither Runa or Aleson has grown a bit during the 20 Skyrim months since they joined the family

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts