What will you do untill your twelve o'clock game pick up?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Travis

Hopefully I will have the day off on Fri so I can play all day long! In the mean time, I'll probably be madly trying to get some work done, and some posting done, so I am all ready for thu night. Tonight I'm playing Shogun 2 co-op with a buddy across the nation. Shogun is another one of those amazing games I just can't seem to get enough of.

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
Wait impatiently... >:/

EDIT: No wait! I have class in the morning, then I'll probably go home and hibernate for 12 hours til 11:30pm, then get up and speed to Gamers for my midnight pickup! :D

bradavis

Words cannot describe how utterly difficult it will be to remain at my house during the midnight launch, especially considering I don't even have classes on friday. I know though that my grades would plummet the second that game is in my grasp. Ugh.... At least the IGN review is up tomorrow.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I'll be studying for my midterm exam on Friday. Yeah, I'm excited but I'm also semi-responsible. I shouldn't play Skyrim all throughout the weekend because I got a lot of work for my classes... Another midterm next week too. This will be the greatest testament to my mental strength.

RyanJDavis

Probably just listen to this:
I didn't know people did this sort of thing for games of this sort, but it's pretty epic (unless you don't like the genre)

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Since I will have to go to work early the next morning I am not sure if I am even going to play it then. So I will probably wait until I get back and then let Skyrim consume my entire weekend :D

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Why not do both :D ?

By the way, that thought also crossed my mind but I can’t really miss a day after I’ve only been there for two weeks. Maybe if I’d almost been there for the entire year already ... but like this? No way.

P_SparQs

Sigh! 'Twas the night before Christmas and not a....oh I'm sorry am I loud?

I haven't slept a wink. What self loving TES fan can? And it's going on 49 hrs. So by midnight, I will be way past the zombie stage and be immersed in Skyrim for hours and hours and hours....yesssss!!!! WINNNNIINNNNNGGG!!!!

TheDesign

My schedule: Thursday Night Football, Pick up Skyrim, play for couple hours then sleep wake up at 8am, then Friday night staying up all night

Travis

I literally woke up dreaming about Skyrim last night. I don't think spending so much time thinking about it has been healthy for me :)

@bradavis and Hex :- You guys are better people than I am. I would totally let my grades go :)

I've actually managed to send my wife and daughter to my in-laws for Friday and much of Saturday. So the midnight release tonight, a few hours until I can't keep my eyes open, and then all day and all night Friday. :)

Why is time going by so slowly?! ;)

Travis

I've actually managed to send my wife and daughter to my in-laws for Friday and much of Saturday. So the midnight release tonight, a few hours until I can't keep my eyes open, and then all day and all night Friday. :)

Why is time going by so slowly?! ;)
Wow. That's amazing. How did you pull that off? Man, when you do something, you go all in huh? I mean, for a die hard fan I can see that, but for a guy who has never played an Elder Scrolls game before, you're really committed here :)

Well, part of it was the lucky timing of a craft fair at the in-laws place (they live in a town about 60 minutes North of here), but having them out of the house (not that I don't love my family, of course) will certainly make for an easier and more enjoyable gaming experience.

I just haven't had a game that really felt like it was going to provide this deep and this rich an RPG experience in years, but I think I've got my friends to thank for getting me really riled up about the game. Our weekly D&D game is often interrupted by an impromptu "ad" for Skyrim - the whole group is way into Elder Scrolls and has been discussing the game heavily anytime there's a little break. Someone will fire up the iPad or laptop and show off the latest gameplay video (usually more than once), and it's just impossible not to get caught up in that.

Travis

Well, part of it was the lucky timing of a craft fair at the in-laws place (they live in a town about 60 minutes North of here), but having them out of the house (not that I don't love my family, of course) will certainly make for an easier and more enjoyable gaming experience.

I just haven't had a game that really felt like it was going to provide this deep and this rich an RPG experience in years, but I think I've got my friends to thank for getting me really riled up about the game. Our weekly D&D game is often interrupted by an impromptu "ad" for Skyrim - the whole group is way into Elder Scrolls and has been discussing the game heavily anytime there's a little break. Someone will fire up the iPad or laptop and show off the latest gameplay video (usually more than once), and it's just impossible not to get caught up in that.
Yeah. Just being on this forum this week has really gotten me extra excited for this game. I mean, I really loved Oblivion, so I was stoked about Skyrim, but posting and discussing on here has made me feel double excited!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts