• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Xivia4

Not only that but there is a lot of repetition. Why build a forge, smelter, and a grindstone in the cellar when I can do that outside? That space could be the storage, trophy or armoury area. Also, the west bedroom wing is useless since there are beds on the second floor. Why not have the second floor be a library or combo alchemy/enchanters room?

Dallas-Arbiter

I went with a kitchen, storage room (for the extra deck) and bedrooms. I modded up the basement with my usual named wardrobes. What I mean is one wardrobe is named "Armor/Clothing", another is "Weapons", another is "Misc", (which is everything from ore to food), and the last is "Books". I put them in the alcove that the coffin goes in.

I hate putting things in just any container, then having to search everywhere for them later on.

T0MMY

if your building the lakeview manor, i recommend the storage room for the north wing because you get a better view of the lake

Cazimir

I went with Storage Room, Armory, and Bedroom. Don't really like the set up, because the storage room is mostly useless since there are enough containers everywhere else. Should have went with the kitchen.

agfazzone

Professional Sweetroll Taster
First time around with Larani I did Lakeview with:
Armory-mostly to display my favorite sets of armor on the mannequins, but I can also display weapons I don't use but don't want to sell =P I do wish there was a "hall of mannequins", I would totally go for that haha.
Enchanting Tower-Not sure why I did that, that character doesn't even use that skill much. Oh well haha
Trophy Hall-because mounted trolls, falmer and spriggans look awesome haha

for Liana I'll do the Armory and maybe the trophy room...or the alchemy lab. With her I actually do enchanting so I may to the enchanting tower since I don't have much use for more beds. The greenhouse would be cool too though...hmmmm lol

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
I went with the bedrooms (Because they are really nice), kitchen (because it's pretty neat), and the trophy room (which I regret, I can hardly do anything with it.)

My second house has the greenhouse, alchemy tower, and library. I like that one better even if it feels less homey. I don't use either of them anymore, I just took everything out of both and moved it to Solitude with my family.

LittleWolf14-10

Meridia's Champion
Enchanter's Tower, Kitchen and Trophy room (ew). Really regret the Trophy room, wish I'd gone for either the Alchemy Lab or Storage Room.

Jimes

Demoralize the enemy with assassination.
I didn't really like many of the options given for the rooms, so just choose the ones that created a cosmetically good looking house. I used all three towers at Heljarchen Hall and the house looks immense! It looks a proper majestic hall, perfect for my High elf! The views of the pale from every direction are also awesome, especially on a clear day!

Rinn

Sweetroll Kleptomaniac
I have a storage room, a kitchen and a bedrooms wing. I do regret the kitchen since there's also a fireplace with cooking stand in the living room and now I basically have two fireplaces. I could have built a library there or something else, but I chose a kitchen... *sigh* I'll make sure that I won't do that ever again ;)

The bedrooms wing is because the children I adopted couldn't move in because there were no beds available. At least, that's what one of these kids said when I asked them to move in. Perhaps a glitch, since there's still one bed left.

I am going to rebuild my house though. It's basically worthless with these wings. Bethesda disappoints me a little bit that you can't undo the changes you've made, like breaking a wing down and replace it with a different wing. Perhaps a suggestion for a patch?

Saozig

Hippy
I had always built the kitchen. I like it for aesthetic reasons and the homey vibe it gives. But this time with my new character I made myself build the library. i really like it, except what gives with all these towers not having a place to sit on the balcony??? OK, the enchanting tower has ONE chair--so where's my follower/spouse going to sit?

I always also built the greenhouse because I like how it looks and it's by far (IMO) the most useful of all the wings, since I always do some alchemy. So nice to be able to grow glowing mushrooms. Don't get why you can't grow garlic though.

The back wing I've decided to just go with the storage room beuase the patio at least it really cool. I prefer using the alchemy lab int eh main hall and the trophy room indeed sucks. Built it with my first Lakeview manor and really regretted it.

Despite how much I like the houses, the limitations in Hearthfire very annoying. But I've said that plenty of times before...

Ritterkreuz

I went with an Armory, a trophy room, and an enchanting tower in Lakeside Manor. No need for an Alchemy tower since you can build a table in the main hall. I know you can do the same for the Enchanter, but I really wanted a tower. Bedroom Wing is redundant I think, since there's already beds for my wife and child (I wish raising my real kids was as easy as this).

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts