1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice

What Type Of Wing Did You Add?

Discussion in 'Hearthfire' started by RavenWing, Sep 11, 2012.

1. RavenWing

RavenWing New Member

Given the choice of adding 3 wings to the main hall of your house. Three choices of the three wings. What did you go with and why? I wanted at least one tower. I chose the Alchemy tower. You get a great view from up there. I do a little bit of Alchemy so i went with the greenhouse. I have planted Deathbell and Nightshade. You get three boxes to plant in with i think six spots to plant. You must have the "ingredient" on you when planting. Click on the spot to plant on and it removes one seed from your inventory. Lastly i went with an Armory. So many Manikins and storage. Cant beat it. So what choices did you all make?

2. Chillrend

Chillrend Falkreath Land Owner

I plan to add:

Enchanting Tower- because my character is a BattleMage and I can enchant my armor that I obtain there.

Trophy Room- because I want a place to store all my valuables and show them off with pride!

The other one I am still contemplating about, I'm either going to go with the Bedrooms or the Storage room but I am leaning toward the Storage room. Your thoughts on this decision?

3. AGiantPie

AGiantPie New Member

Well you can't add both a trophy room and a storage room, or an enchanting tower and a bedroom. Your only options left are for the East wing. The rooms that you can make in the East Wing are the armory, the kitchen, and the library.

4. edge

edge Member

Can ur kids still live with you if you dont get a bedroom?

5. J'Sabbah

J'Sabbah Member

Yeah, you can put the beds somewhere else

6. Wicked

Wicked New Member

I built Lakeview with an Arcane Enchanter but put the two single beds upstairs....i own Breezehome and had to adopt into that house, but when i told my spouse i wanted to move us to Falkreath house....the kids came along and use those beds! I also went with kitchen and Alchemy tower, stables, animal pen....
    Dang Bandits killed my chickens! When i asked housecarl to go buy more the option is gone...anybody know if you get a new housecarl do you get all the new options back.....or if you leave the eggs in the nest will they hatch?

7. Adam Warlock

Adam Warlock Well-Known Member

eggs won`t hatch and i too can get no more chickens after the originals were killed.
    if you leave for a while and come back, you do get steward`s option to replace a cow or horse however

8. Adam Warlock

you must have child`s bed(s) with storage to adopt but you don`t need a bedroom wing just add twin beds upstairs in the main hall of a hearthfire home or purchase a children`s room for your town houses

9. Wicked

Wicked New Member

Has anyone tried replacing the steward?

10. Wicked

Wicked New Member

I put both Towers on my house i can get on the roof and shoot the Hawk down much easier

11. Adam Warlock

no options to replace steward have shown up for any of the 3 hearthfire homes in my game.
    idk what happens if the steward dies but if there is indeed a replacement method , it`s seems likely that would be a way to do it.
    certainly would make a hard save before trying that out though

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wicked

Wicked New Member

I will throw Lydia off a cliff and try it when i get home....trapped at work for another 8 hours though torture!

13. Lansworthy

Lansworthy Lacklusterous

I swear when I get the funds, I'm buying Hearthfire and making a dope ass house....

14. Wicked

Wicked New Member

Although they are really cool They are the same for everyone...Xbox360 exclusive i was told....and once you put something in.....you can't remove it that ive found...and definately protect your chickens! lol

15. Jetmann114

Jetmann114 New Member

I am using the bedrooms armory and storage area for where my family lives, in falkreath. In another future house I will have all towers, and in another all the other crap.

16. RavenWing

RavenWing New Member

Sounds like a plan.... i'd like to see how all towers looks...

17. i K33L n0085

i K33L n0085 Destroyer Devour Master

Trophy room = best wing ever.

18. bobassur

bobassur New Member

-By now, I built a trophy room in order to make my first home a cool place.
    -And an armory in lakeview manor. But I chosed the armory to store my armor and equipment, but looks like the new hearthfire cases don't have an 'activate' button. Ok, would be nice to story anything I want, but the plopsty is that I can't store plops! Everything bugs, and when I get out my house and come back, they are flicked/flicking out of the case, in the ground, wall or half inside the case half out. If anyone knows how to fix this, or want a solution, I made a topic for that: Display cases. | Skyrim Forums (in hearthfire topics) Hearthfire display cases. | Skyrim Forums (in skyrim help topics)

19. Xivia4

Xivia4 Active Member

I bought all three plots of land. I've built every wing except for the storage and bedroom wings. They're useless and unnecessary, the bedroom wing in particular.

20. Soloquendi

Soloquendi Pastor of Muppets

I don't understand why the options are limited. There is no real reason why you can't build any of these additions on any side of the house.

Nice try Bethesda, but the modders seem to be way better at this stuff than your own developers.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Off Topic Off Topic x 1