1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice

What type of class build will you be?

Discussion in 'TESO Discussion' started by Siah, May 7, 2013.

?

What class will you play first?

1. Sorcerer

18.2%
  2. Dragonknight

22.7%
  3. Templar

4.5%
  4. Nightblade

54.5%
  1. Siah

Siah Member

I know it's early, but as far as I know there's the Templar, Dragonknight, Nightblade, and Sorcerer to start from right now. (I think there will be the Warden as well, but I know nothing of that class yet, so I'll leave it out for now >.>) Of course each of them can branch off very differently in their own builds, it being Elder Scrolls and all. I think I'm debating between Sorcerer and Dragonknight myself. Sorcerer may win out, probably with light armor and a sword perhaps... anywho, random thoughts. But what are you lot looking forward to trying first in the game? I'm super psyched to get into the tactical and strategic style of small group play myself. That and the epic pvp.

2. HipsterDogie

HipsterDogie New Member

The first thing i look forward in the game is to find places that i've heard about in skyrim and all TES books.
    And hopefully i will be a sorcerer or a conjurer becuase conjuration has served me well so far in the TES.
    And I hope that you can buy a house in some way.
    And i really hope for some Pets or companions Along my path to glory in the TESO!

3. AS88

AS88 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

I am so, so tempted to do a Dunmer Nightblade, but I think there'll be so many of them, I'll want to do something else. I'm interested in a Nord Archer (whatever class that fits into), a Redguard Swordsman and an Altmer Sorcerer, though. :)

4. Siah

Siah Member

So, I've been thinking about it a bit more and, with some helpful info from http://tamrielfoundry.com/2013/05/eso-by-the-numbers-part-1/ , I would think my sorcerer build would consist of light to medium armor and the destruction staff and restoration staff -> using the dark magic tree mostly (for hindering enemies) probably with a splash of deadric summoning (situational dps?), and the restoration staff to heal up allies (not sure how else the healing skills work yet). A solid support-like class that would be best in groups and make group runs go smooth and quick (I think >.>).

The other is the dragonknight likely using sword and board (although i'd try both dual wield and 2h to see what i'll like the feel of best... I don't usually do tank builds, but..) with a bow in heavy or medium armor.

5. Seanu Reaves

Seanu Reaves The Ravenous Cobra

I love DPS builds so the Nightblade is gonna be my pl*ps. I mean especially in competitive play, nothing thrills me more than tactically striking down targets *cough* squishy sorcerers. :D And basically if I am smart being able to completely disrupt an enemy team.

And PvE I will love striking hard and fast providing key DPS for the Instance :D

• Like Like x 2
  6. Siah

Siah Member

Haha true that. I'm really curious to see how sneak will work in pvp, and the flow of playing that type. Knowing me, I'll probably have like 5 characters before I even try to settle on one lol. But typically I tend to start with casters... they can be tactical/strategic as well >.>

Side note, does anyone know about duals being in game? Cause some good one on one skill challenge is always entertaining.. (looks pointedly at Zhengi)

7. Fevershaking

Fevershaking The King of "NOPE!"

From what i heard you have to pick a class but yoy can branch out from there. Hoping they have the bound bow spell, im ganna try for a Conjur Archer type guy. If thats not the case im either going dragonknight or nightblade

8. jarif

jarif Well-Known Member

im not sure if i should be a straight up assassin or nightmage

9. Reaper87

Reaper87 吉光

Depends - I'm usually an Archer/Assassin, but I can be a Warrior as well.

10. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Young Heritic

Not sure yet, but probably a pure Arkay DPS build.

11. Ru;indil

Ru;indil Mage Lord of Skywatch

Since I will be joining the AD, I will probably be an Altmer Sorcerer. Though I might try a Bosmer Bow-mage or a Khajit Nightblade. I also want to try being a Templar but none of the races in the AD are suitable for it :sadface:.

12. jarif

jarif Well-Known Member

im leaning to be dragonknight for now, since i saw the first person gameplay, the chain and the warriors assets would be good for an assassin. GET OVER HERE!!!!
    GET OVER HERE.jpg

13. Freyja

Freyja Supreme Ruler of Cats

I totally want to make a classic Bosmer Archer. Whatever class that might be.

• Like Like x 1
  14. BarkingSpiderzz

I figure to join the Dagarfall clan, & will be a garden variety dual wielding hack'n slash muffugga! First however, I will be a master smithy, & make weapons & armor as I go dungeoneering looking for my materials to craft with. Then I'll go to the enchanting college to accentuate my weapons & armor! CHEERS DAMMIT!!!!!

BarkingSpiderzz...

15. Drake

Drake Member

Just going by what we know about ESO classes at this point, I'll probably be a Sorcerer. It's all about the DPS... For crowds. ;)

Then again, Dragon Knights do look pretty bad-ass in its picture.

16. Rimfaxe96

Rimfaxe96 Well-Known Member

This is the only part that made me wary so far concerning TESO; they said that you can create a hybrid character, which would be pretty devastating for tactical players because in the long run everyone will be a warrior his/her pocket. And those who will try to do it "their way" anyway might get cut down quickly in PvP when meeting with said hybrids and their leveled weapons...
    We'll just have to see I guess.

If I make a Redguard character, I'll be an archer. Should I pick Altmer however I'll be a mage/healer, focused on healing magic for my buddies with destruction spells as backup. Maybe also conjuration.

17. ShadowMage

ShadowMage Article Writer

I'm thinking I'll be a sword and board Nord Dragon Knight. Love the tanky playstyle that the class allows. :D

18. DarkElfDude

DarkElfDude New Member

NightBlade or Dragonknight

Sent from my LT28at using Tapatalk